What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official CU vs CSU Game Thread

Tad has 13 scholarships-he has used ONE since 2011 on a point guard-now that one is hurt and wasn't dynamic to begin with. He better think long and hard on the point guard position going forward and maybe find a way to add one before next season.This ship is rudderless and life less at the moment. Of course make about 5 to 7 more free throws early in the game and we probably win.
I agree with you. I know they have Namon Wright who's sitting at a year per transfer rules. I hope he fits that playmaking mold of a player.

People calling for Boyle's head?!? I'd take a stable program than see the debacle of 2007 or 2008 where football and both basketball programs finished in last place in the Big 12.

Missed the game, and thankful I did. But if we have 5 guys playing hard (from the forum comments it seems like XJ, Peters, White, Wes?) we should go with those guys. Start sitting some people till they get their act together.

I asked this last game: Are we missing Dom yet?

ive never seen a team just heave the ball at the rim.....we were forcing the ball inside. what a waste of time last nite.
csu was well coached and played determined. the 6th grade hoops team i coach has a better ft % than the buffs. oh well if the players dont care than i dont either

From reading this thread I guess it's a good thing I didn't get the game on my TV.

Didn't shoot well last night.
Held CSU to under 40% shooting
Outrebounded them by 9
Game had no flow with 55 fouls and 64 free throws.
Free throw game was to Rams advantage going in and turned out to be reality.
Team needs a signature play or moment.
My hope is that team doesn't give up like some of its fan base. Good players move on to next play which in this case is Portland. Won't be easy.

What a horrendous thing to get upon arrival. Beyond embarrassing and I fail to see an excuse with the personnel we have on paper.

I'm just a casual CU hoops fan that really doesn't start to follow until later in the season, but I thought all the talk leading up to this season was that this team was supposed to be pretty good? I could be wrong and maybe people here were just excited about XJ returning, White being eligible, and the incoming recruits.

Thankfully the football team is keeping the attention off the basketball team for this loss, for the most part.

The universe is about balance.
First game everyone shot well.
This one everyone shot poorly.
The sting is greater since against CSU. Use as learning experience and get better. Still time as it is a long season.

Reading the CSU comments after the game, basically laughing at us, almost made me vomit.

Missed the game, and thankful I did. But if we have 5 guys playing hard (from the forum comments it seems like XJ, Peters, White, Wes?) we should go with those guys. Start sitting some people till they get their act together.

Not a single player played hard the entire game. White came closest, peters next closest. Wes, with the exception of a five minute stretch was non existent and didn't play hard. XJ didn't try in the first half at all, he was too busy yucking it up laughing with some CSU players during the middle of play. D. Brown played hard when he was in, but was mostly ineffective.

I'm just a casual CU hoops fan that really doesn't start to follow until later in the season, but I thought all the talk leading up to this season was that this team was supposed to be pretty good? I could be wrong and maybe people here were just excited about XJ returning, White being eligible, and the incoming recruits.

Thankfully the football team is keeping the attention off the basketball team for this loss, for the most part.
I fell into this head first. This team has so much talent and I believe in Tad so much that I thought there wasn't any way for them to perform poorly. Instead what we have is a team that is the mirror image of 2014. There is still a ton of talent on the floor and each of them shows it at times...but as a general rule the effort level is painfully low. So low I have images of players walking after loose balls ingrained in my head.
One could say CU is last years UCLA. Talent rich, chemistry and effort poor.

White was the only one of those that was consistently trying. Wes is still afraid of contact on O, XJ only plays 2/3 of any game, peters, while I LOVE his intensity, should probably get a bit more control over himself.

People calling for Boyle's head?!? I'd take a stable program than see the debacle of 2007 or 2008 where football and both basketball programs finished in last place in the Big 12.
The hell? 2007 was CU's last bowl game before this year.

There is a serious lack of leadership on this team. That was an egg of epic proportions last night. They are going to have a hard time filling the can after this one.

Back