What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official CU vs. CSU prediction thread

I just do not see this one being close. I think we pound them into the dirt and out physical them from the opening snap. The score will more than likely be 35 to 6 CU but will be in a dominating fashion.

:smile2: Maybe I was overstating my case a bit... but Harris had all of 2 starts, and munyer was a 1 or 2 game starter at a different position before getting injured. Not exactly a lot of experience there. And we don't have a single senior on the OL. Plus Marshall has not had a good reputation in the last decade. There is valid concern here.

No seniors, but three upperclassmen. I agree that there should be concerns here, but I think the inexperience angle is overplayed here.

No seniors, but three upperclassmen. I agree that there should be concerns here, but I think the inexperience angle is overplayed here.

Maybe. We will see Lewis is definitely a very big question mark as well.

Maybe. We will see Lewis is definitely a very big question mark as well.

If the biggest question mark on your line is at LG, things are going pretty well though.

(If any injuries happen, nevermind on anything I am saying)

If the biggest question mark on your line is at LG, things are going pretty well though.

(If any injuries happen, nevermind on anything I am saying)

Im doing my best to be pessimistic this year. Stop ruining that :lol:. And ya, injuries, Just like last year right? :bang:.

Hi Ramnation - Please come and tell us why we're delusional (as compared to you rational CSU fans :lol:) - bring BeerFight with you

Against almost anybody else this would be a serious concern.

We are playing a team that lost their best two DL for stupidity. What they have left is smaller than some Texas high schools have. Their DL savior is a JC transfer who just started practicing after barely getting in. This same JC transfer is a guy who didn't even make all-conference at the JC level.

Sacramento State may have a better D-line than CSU. Our O-line will be fine against them.

Hi Ramnation - Please come and tell us why we're delusional (as compared to you rational CSU fans :lol:) - bring BeerFight with you

No doubt. Here are some hard facts for you Rammies to keep it simple:
1. Looking over the last 4 years (Freshman-Senior cycle) Colorado is 3-1 with average margin of victory being 19 points!! (30-11).
2. Colorado finished the season strong last year, winning two of the last 3 including at Utah to knock them out of the Pac 12 championship. So as much as you like to think we stink, we appear to be improving.
3. Colorado lost a ton of seniors, but CSU lost a ton in the offseason as well through attrition and stupidity.
4. Since RMS was started in Denver, the new head coach is 1-3 against the other team. The one win being Jon Embree after we had two games to get the coaching staff into their groove. You don't have that luxury this year.
5. Talent. You can argue all you want about players actually on the field, but year in and year out CU lands much higher rated recruiting classes than CSU. Typically by a pretty wide margin. Across the whole board, CU is simply more talented.

Do these facts help any? In your delusional minds, probably not. Facts just get in the way.

No doubt. Here are some hard facts for you Rammies to keep it simple:
1. Looking over the last 4 years (Freshman-Senior cycle) Colorado is 3-1 with average margin of victory being 19 points!! (30-11).
2. Colorado finished the season strong last year, winning two of the last 3 including at Utah to knock them out of the Pac 12 championship. So as much as you like to think we stink, we appear to be improving.
3. Colorado lost a ton of seniors, but CSU lost a ton in the offseason as well through attrition and stupidity.
4. Since RMS was started in Denver, the new head coach is 1-3 against the other team. The one win being Jon Embree after we had two games to get the coaching staff into their groove. You don't have that luxury this year.
5. Talent. You can argue all you want about players actually on the field, but year in and year out CU lands much higher rated recruiting classes than CSU. Typically by a pretty wide margin. Across the whole board, CU is simply more talented.

Do these facts help any? In your delusional minds, probably not. Facts just get in the way.

Calling GASM?

Might be the best post ever at lambnation:

[FONT=Arial,Helvetica] Subject: Did they sleep with your girlfriend and that's why you care what they predict? [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica] Posted by: Rams Hot on Fri Aug 24 2012 11:28:15 AM [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica] Message: If so, your girlfriend is a whore for cheating on you.

It's their site, of course they will have fans predicting a CU win, get over it.
[/FONT]

CSU lost to the likes of Utah st, San Jose st, UNLV last year. Very nearly lost to 1 win New Mexico.

CU is not that great, but CSU is horrible and a BCS coach is not going to magically right the ship overnight. Hell he might never right the ship. Colorado had a offensive coordinator leave for Vanderbilt after we won the national title in 1990, and he didn't turn Vandy around. CSU fans need to take a step back into reality.

Sparkles is going to feel what Gene Chizik felt at Iowa State.

Last edited:
I have yet to see a position breakdown from any CU fans.

Being generous for CU-
QB-C
RB-C
TE-C-
WR-D-
OL-B

DL-C
LB-B+
CB-B-
S-B

CSU lost to the likes of Utah st, San Jose st, UNLV last year. Very nearly lost to 1 win New Mexico.

CU is not that great, but CSU is horrible and a BCS coach is not going to magically right the ship overnight. Hell he might never right the ship. Colorado had a offensive coordinator leave for Vanderbilt after we won the national title in 1990, and he didn't turn Vandy around. CSU fans need to take a step back into reality.

We beat Utah State last year buddy.

When will Fluff fans learn how to read?

CSU actually managed a win against USU last year, though USU played better and only lost because the fumbled 4 times.

http://espn.go.com/ncf/recap?gameId=312670328

We beat Utah State last year buddy.

When will Fluff fans learn how to read?

In double OT, not much to be proud of. Alright,you lost to UTEP then. The point is, your program is in much worse shape than ours. There is no comparision, you're delusional if you think you are even close to CU right now, And thats sad, because CU is not that good.

In double OT, not much to be proud of. Alright,you lost to UTEP then. The point is, your program is in much worse shape than ours. There is no comparision, you're delusional if you think you are even close to CU right now, And thats sad, because CU is not that good.
Last year=/=this year.

If you went 3-10 and lost two 4 year starters on the OL, all time leading RB, 2-3 year starting QB and 4 year starting TE you will go.....
Your offense is going to be abysmal.

No weapons in the passing game and your leading RB ran for I think 300yards last year on 3.9yards a carry. Where are these 50 points you guys keep talking about going to come from?

Last edited:
Last year=/=this year.

If you went 3-10 and lost two 4 year starters on the OL, all time leading RB, 2-3 year starting QB and 4 year starting TE you will go.....
Your offense is going to be abysmal

You don't get it, I don't care who we lost, and who you didn't lose. We are that much better than you. We reload when it comes to CSU, reload repeat, get it? No you don't. BTW, what about the players you lost to dumb ass decisions. CU>CSU by a loooooooooooooooooooooooooong shot

Last year=/=this year.

Your offense is going to be abysmal

I don't think we can recover from the loss of that TE. His experience was invaluable when running the wrong way against Wazzu last season.

Oh thats rich Jeff Thomas left the team.

So how many scholly WRs do you guys have? 3? 24 career receptions though. That'll be sure to put up 50 points

Last year=/=this year.

Your offense is going to be abysmal.

No weapons in the passing game and your leading RB ran for I think 300yards last year on 3.9yards a carry. Where are these 50 points you guys keep talking about going to come from?
Everywhere.

You don't get it, I don't care who we lost, and who you didn't lose. We are that much better than you. We reload when it comes to CSU, reload repeat, get it? No you don't. BTW, what about the players you lost to dumb ass decisions. CU>CSU by a loooooooooooooooooooooooooong shot
Even with the loss of those 3 players we still have higher ranked players (6 to CU's 4). With those 3 we would have had 9 to CU's 4 on Phil Steele's.

It must suck having less talent than CSU.

Even with the loss of those 3 players we still have higher ranked players (6 to CU's 4). With those 3 we would have had 9 to CU's 4 on Phil Steele's.

It must suck having less talent than CSU.

:lol:

Not even close, not even close. You even dream you have more talent than CU you better wake up and apologize!

Back