What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official CU vs. CSU prediction thread

Even with the loss of those 3 players we still have higher ranked players (6 to CU's 4). With those 3 we would have had 9 to CU's 4 on Phil Steele's.

It must suck having less talent than CSU.

I hope you are at least getting commissions from Mr. Steele. Otherwise it makes the fanboi act a bit more sad.

CSU lost to the likes of Utah st, San Jose st, UNLV last year. Very nearly lost to 1 win New Mexico.

CU is not that great, but CSU is horrible and a BCS coach is not going to magically right the ship overnight. Hell he might never right the ship. Colorado had a offensive coordinator leave for Vanderbilt after we won the national title in 1990, and he didn't turn Vandy around. CSU fans need to take a step back into reality.

Can't step back into reality when you have never been in reality to start with. CSU has been one of the worst BCS teams for a long time. They have never come close to being a contender for a national championship and have rarely even contended for the championship of a second rate conference. Outside of the Lubbick years their conference championships can be counted on the fingers of someone who got their hands caught in agricultural machinery (makes it easy on their fans.)

They continue to pretend that they are a major program as they continue to slide downward where they have spent most of their history.

Even with the loss of those 3 players we still have higher ranked players (6 to CU's 4). With those 3 we would have had 9 to CU's 4 on Phil Steele's.

Gasm, I don't want there to be any more secrets between us.

I know that you're going to get mudholed. You know that you're going to get mudholed. And I know that you know that I know that you're going to get mudholed.

Reactions: dio
Can't step back into reality when you have never been in reality to start with. CSU has been one of the worst BCS teams for a long time. They have never come close to being a contender for a national championship and have rarely even contended for the championship of a second rate conference. Outside of the Lubbick years their conference championships can be counted on the fingers of someone who got their hands caught in agricultural machinery (makes it easy on their fans.)

They continue to pretend that they are a major program as they continue to slide downward where they have spent most of their history.

And we have spent most of our history ranked in the top 25. Even in our down years, we have still owned those sad rammies.

I had an epiphany last night. I'm actually grateful for Gasm. No CU fan looks forward to this soulless, no up-side "rivalry". However, because of Gasm and his seemingly endless oneliners, I'm actually looking forward to this one. Thanks Gasm. I'll miss you come Sept 2.

Unfortunately you're going to need to suit up more than 6 players next week and the rest of your roster is complete sh!t compared even to a weak CU team.

Can we please not let this become another Marvin Wilson v the state of Texas type threads?

It must suck having less talent than CSU.[/]

Unfortunately you're going to need to suit up more than 6 players next week and the rest of your roster is complete sh!t compared even to a weak CU team.

Hey CSU is still giving tryouts to students to fill a couple need positions, they might find some studs in time for us.:lol:

Can we please not let this become another Marvin Wilson v the state of Texas type threads?

Thats why I made this thread for score predictions. I know I am posting more than score predictions in here, but thats because it has turned into another BS thread. As soon as the mods merge this into the other thread, I will stop posting in here.

you don't understand. Gasm's arbitrary rankings matter more than your arbitrary rankings,

Well that makes more sense. I know when I am driving in traffic, I tell people to get out of my way because my time matters more than theirs.

Scout rankings the last 5 years. I will even put an asterisk on our '08 class since most of them are no longer in the program. We are night and day more talented than CSU.

Last 5 classes total 3 star or better signed by each program

CU: 65 3 stars or better
CSU: 8 3 stars

*CU # 27
2 5 stars, 3 4 stars, 10 3 stars

CSU #94
2 3 stars

CU #57
1 5 star, 9 3 stars

CSU #107
0 3 stars

CU #70
9 3 stars

CSU #90
2 3 stars

CU # 62
1 4 star, 9 3 stars

CSU #84
3 3 stars

CU #29
1 4 star, 20 3 stars

CSU #114
1 3 star

Last edited:
I love you guys, but I think the "we have historically higher ranked classes than CSU rings a little hollow". I suspect we have more talent spread across the field, but it all comes down to game day.

'Gasm seems unwilling to acknowledge that depth extends beyond 6 players identified in a pre-season mag, and that is his limitation.

Back