What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

OFFICIAL CU WNIT GAMEs THREAD (#1 - CU vs Northern Colorado)

54-42 FINAL!!!

Buffs march on!

19-13 and looking for #20 this weekend.

The best thing with Lappe is I think she knows exactly what she is doing, and she is very young. She could be here for 40+ years if she is successful. Would love to be competitive with the likes of stanford by the time 2013 rolls around.

We've got to play smarter. 26 turnovers tonight. That's inexcusable. We won't get away with that again.

We need a PG to step up next year.

We've got to play smarter. 26 turnovers tonight. That's inexcusable. We won't get away with that again.

We need a PG to step up next year.

Ouch. Way to get the win. That is a rough performance.

That was one u-g-l-y game. But as they say, survive and advance at this time of year.

That is the way UNC plays. They don't have a good offense so they focus on defense. They trap the ball handler on a sideline; they take a ball going out of bounds and bounce it off a Buff so they get to keep the ball; they get into passing lanes and pick off passes if there is any laziness on the pass or the receiver does not move to the pass; etc. etc.

And unfortunately the Buffs don't really have a point guard on this team. Chucky handles the most but she is susceptible to pressure causing her to turn it over. BWill played some point tonight and had the same problem. Even tried Lexy Kresl at the point some tonight. Thus the huge number of Buff turnovers tonight.

Fortunately the Buffs also brought their smothering defense to the game and shut down UNC. I think the Big Sky conference player of the year was #3 for UNC and late in the second half she had 4 fouls and still 0 points.

The Buffs also need to pay attention to their own shooting. A few too many missed lay-ups after steals.... looked to me like they rushed some of those shots.

Next game is all TBD at this point ... don't know who, when, or where yet. Will know the answers after tomorrow's South Dakota / Drake game.

That was one u-g-l-y game. But as they say, survive and advance at this time of year.

That is the way UNC plays. They don't have a good offense so they focus on defense. They trap the ball handler on a sideline; they take a ball going out of bounds and bounce it off a Buff so they get to keep the ball; they get into passing lanes and pick off passes if there is any laziness on the pass or the receiver does not move to the pass; etc. etc.

And unfortunately the Buffs don't really have a point guard on this team. Chucky handles the most but she is susceptible to pressure causing her to turn it over. BWill played some point tonight and had the same problem. Even tried Lexy Kresl at the point some tonight. Thus the huge number of Buff turnovers tonight.

Fortunately the Buffs also brought their smothering defense to the game and shut down UNC. I think the Big Sky conference player of the year was #3 for UNC and late in the second half she had 4 fouls and still 0 points.

The Buffs also need to pay attention to their own shooting. A few too many missed lay-ups after steals.... looked to me like they rushed some of those shots.

Next game is all TBD at this point ... don't know who, when, or where yet. Will know the answers after tomorrow's South Dakota / Drake game.

Thanks, BeBe.

Who should we root for in the S Dakota/Drake game?

cu needs to get more dominate players at pg and in the post if we want to ever compete with the 'big girls'...

I didn't see any more students than have typically been at WBB games this season. Or were they not sitting in the student section?

They decided to let everyone go because of the early wake up call. But I was there and you DEFINITELY saw me. All I can say is you are welcome for the entertainment.

...Who should we root for in the S Dakota/Drake game?
Looking at RPI, Sagarin, and their records, the better team appears to be South Dakota, so we want Drake to get the upset. But, unfortunately, CU may end up travelling for the next game regardless of who wins tomorrow. The attendance at tonights game was poor....less than half of the seasons average. And the WNIT seems to award home games to the team that has the better fan attendance. So the poor showing tonight may have cost our Buffs any chance of hosting in the next round.

They decided to let everyone go because of the early wake up call. But I was there and you DEFINITELY saw me. All I can say is you are welcome for the entertainment.
Thanks for the support UBL. What was the entertainment you provided????????????????

Then yes I DEFINITELY saw you. Too bad I didn't know it was you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I watched the game online. Since I live in Iowa, I am hoping we play Drake in Des Moines so I can go to the game!!!!

UNC had 23 steals. Yes, you read that correctly. 23 steals. We did not take care of the ball.

We had more balanced scoring this game, but we need more points.

It's sad that this late in the season, CU does not know how to handle a zone defense.

CU held UNC's best player to 2 FTs. Probably the only reason they won the game.

Read that next game will be on the road. I'm hoping Drake can win tonight so I can see my Lady Buffs in Des Moines!!!!

That **** was so ****ing hard holy ****. I don't know how the other kid did it!

He cheated. He didn't have his head down on (or near) the bat. As someone who knows a fair amount about spinning, I can tell you that that makes a huge difference. You did it the way you're supposed to and achieved the intended outcome. Unfortunately, your opponent did not.

He cheated. He didn't have his head down on (or near) the bat. As someone who knows a fair amount about spinning, I can tell you that that makes a huge difference. You did it the way you're supposed to and achieved the intended outcome. Unfortunately, your opponent did not.

I'm kind of ashamed that the AllBuffs representative didn't cheat. WTF have we sunk to?

Read that next game will be on the road. I'm hoping Drake can win tonight so I can see my Lady Buffs in Des Moines!!!!
Unfortunately South Dakota won. And their attendance for tonights game was 1361 versus the Buffs 1064 last night. So it sounds like the ladies will probably get to take their show on the road to Vermillion this weekend.

Back