What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official Diamond Head Classic Thread

Seems like Tad prides himself in taking less heralded guys and developing them. Several guys seem to have hit a ceiling. Or maybe the sophs have hit a collective sophomore slump.

Plenty of good shooters who are unpolished elsewhere. He just doesn't put as high of a value on it as he should and it hurts us.

Just finished watching. The first half was horrible to watch. Nothing worse than officials ready to blow the whistle when somebody comes within an inch of another. CU struck me as timid... the shots were taken with about zero confidence. Rebounding wasn't what we have grown accustomed to.

Second half showed some nice aggressiveness and ball movement. Problem I had was the timid outside shooting remained. Nobody wanted to shoot when they had a decent opening and they seemed to pass, just to pass. I got no impression that the passing was in an attempt to open a shot. Heck, the only 3pt shot I saw was from good ball movement that led to an open shot... just not enough through the game.

Then in the end game when we need a 3pt shot, we pull the 1 guy that actually hit a 3pt shot tonight. Horrible that we didn't have an actual play to inbound the ball and no real play to open up a guy to shoot. When 2 big dudes are covering Ski, there is at least 1 guy wide open... OBTW it was two guys, one XJ, that actually shoots 3s.

Frustrating, may be real ugly when P12 play comes.

GW would make a strong case for 4th in the Pac fwiw. This is likely a Big Dance squad. Not excusing our loss today by any means, but this wasn't a joke team we lost to by any stretch.

Who else do you trust taking a 3 at the end of a game?

Talton?
Hopkins?
XJ?

XJ is the only one you could make an argument for.

After the way the game ended I thought maybe Gordon should have given the focus on Ski. Not sure what his percentage for the year has been but he has been making his free throws and knocking down some open shots. He probably would have been able to get an open look.

Bows giving the Shockers all they want ... up by one with under 4 to go in the 1st.

Spine check on Christmas day. We better be ready, they will be.

It is an opportunity, but a tough one.

Nebraska is a bigger mess than we are. Went to OT with Loyola Marymount at 35-35, eventually won in OT. We would beat Nebraska right now. Shame we don't play them. Hawaii is going to be a bitch of a game with little reward if we win perception-wise despite UH losing to Wichita St by 1 in OT and having wins over Pittsburgh and Nebraska. However, in my book, any road win is a good win. If we can beat UH it will be a nice confidence booster for proving we can win on the road against bottom half Pac squads. 8-4 is a hell of a lot better than 7-5. This record of ours could get really ugly if we lose to UH given our first 6 Pac games.

Last edited:
Yeah, beating Hawaii doesn't really do much for CU's tourney resume. Just a miserable OOC

Looking at having to go 12-6 in Conference play to be in the tournament discussion, and even then not a lock with as bad as the OOC was and with as much emphasis as the committee often puts on it.

i watched the Buff game-- they didn't play smart at the end. at all. mental errors piss me off. i'm hardly mr. basketball but they didn't execute well at all in crunch time.

ah well, i guess they have to make some noise in conference to get the tourney bid. ... still a long way to go.

Back