What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official Fall Camp Thread 2015

I think this team will be much better, and is definitely better than UH on a neutral field. Playing 3,500 miles away at 11 PM MT at night in a hot and humid climate in a hostile stadium for game one scares me though.

I think this team will be much better, and is definitely better than UH on a neutral field. Playing 3,500 miles away at 11 PM MT at night in a hot and humid climate in a hostile stadium for game one scares me though.

The distance is real.
The team is practicing later as they ramp up for hawaii. Walk throughs have been at 7:30-9:00pm, they will be arriving early and practicing at night on the islands
Hawaii is not hot and humid. Especially not at 7pm in the evening.
Hostile is debatable. No more hostile than anything we face in conference.

Any word on how well the freshman DL have been performing?

Umu? Tuiloma? Tonz?

Umu is probably the most impressive but all three will likely redshirt unless there are injuries. It will be very interesting to see how Tuiloma develops his body over a redshirt year because if he has a similar transformation as Lopez then look out.

The distance is real.
The team is practicing later as they ramp up for hawaii. Walk throughs have been at 7:30-9:00pm, they will be arriving early and practicing at night on the islands
Hawaii is not hot and humid. Especially not at 7pm in the evening.
Hostile is debatable. No more hostile than anything we face in conference.
Valid points. I know that they are preparing for a late start time, but this is still definitely an advantage for the UH players.
Good point on the heat and humidity. My experience was also very pleasant, but I saw somebody posting that it would be near 90 degrees at game time, but I doubt that is correct.
Hostility may not be anything like a P5 road game, but this team has a very bad road record so any road game can be viewed as a big possible landmine.

Valid points. I know that they are preparing for a late start time, but this is still definitely an advantage for the UH players.
Good point on the heat and humidity. My experience was also very pleasant, but I saw somebody posting that it would be near 90 degrees at game time, but I doubt that is correct.
Hostility may not be anything like a P5 road game, but this team has a very bad road record so any road game can be viewed as a big possible landmine.

Right now the forecast is a high during the day of 88, the low will be 77 with a 60% chance of rain.

Their stadium holds 50000.
In this guess the attendance thread most are predicting around 25000
http://www.sportshawaii.com/sh/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=47169&sid=3720f14862110baf4311fc887085a03b
I also read in another thread ( I can't locate now) that many think their will only be around 10000 in the seats to start the game due to time and traffic.

Umu is probably the most impressive but all three will likely redshirt unless there are injuries. It will be very interesting to see how Tuiloma develops his body over a redshirt year because if he has a similar transformation as Lopez then look out.

Good to hear. I was wondering the same thing. I think the freshmen defensive tackles are the only position group I didn't hear anything about during camp. No initial indications or anything. One or two of those guys will be called on next year for depth. Especially if Topou doesn't come back.

A) This is an anomaly. The weather is typically not like this.
B) Been out there in July before and it was in the upper 80's and high humidity but its not a suffocating type of humidity like the deep south is. Wasn't to me anyway
C) The game kicks off at 7pm.

I agree that Hawaii is generally not hot and humid, but I think it will be Thurs night at 7pm. Lots of humidity due to the storm and that turf will bake and be radiating long into the game. It will be by far the hottest game our players will have seen in awhile.

I agree that Hawaii is generally not hot and humid, but I think it will be Thurs night at 7pm. Lots of humidity due to the storm and that turf will bake and be radiating long into the game. It will be by far the hottest game our players will have seen in awhile.
Agreed. Another factor that could hurt us.

It is a high of 86 on Thursday with rain. It will probably be in the 70's by gametime.

not worried about the weather. the humidity will hit the guys like a ton of bricks when they get off the plane, but they should be fine temp wise.

Someone asked Mac about the players playing at 11:00 PM MDT in Hawaii and asked him if he was worried. He said something like, "Hey, these are college students. They are nocturnal creatures." Pretty funny.

Last night it was 86 around 8:30 pm. Some rain could be great around game time. I hope something comes in and cools us down.

On a positive note, I heard the east facing shores are getting pounded by huge waves right now. Some old guy on the news said he hasn't seen anything like it since he was in high school.

Back