What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official Fall Camp Thread 2015

The coaches are going to have to figure out the TE role in this offense. You cannot make a true commitment to the running game with the current TE usage.

Yeah irwin looks like he can definitely fulfill the traditional tight end role, watch out for a good year from him I was just confused by how they were using keeney. He looks like he is big enough to play the traditional tight end role so hopefully he gets reps there. I honestly have no problem if they don't use a tight end at all. Donovan lee and jay Mac look really good and can be mismatches if fields and Bobi can be consistent on the outside.

Can someone help me out? I thought I read a quote from this thread but I can't find it again about the Buffs strength and conditioning improvements this year and how we have a ridiculous amount over a certain threshold compared to last year. Getting my dad hyped for the season and that was gonna be the important detail but I can't remember the exact stat lol.

Can someone help me out? I thought I read a quote from this thread but I can't find it again about the Buffs strength and conditioning improvements this year and how we have a ridiculous amount over a certain threshold compared to last year. Getting my dad hyped for the season and that was gonna be the important detail but I can't remember the exact stat lol.

They say the same thing every single year so if you're just blowing smoke for your dad, fine, but I wouldn't buy into it much until I see us pushing around Hawaii.

In HCMM press day q/a the question was asked, and he said that there is a point system they have set up, and there are different levels for point totals. The highest level is called ultimate warrior. Last year before camp stated they had 8. This year they have 47.

these type of stats are tricky and don't provide much clarity to on field performance. I remember back when HaLkins arrived and he was upset cause only 7 guys could dead lift over 300 ( at least I think it was dead lift). So s/c focused on power lifting, and we got strong, but stiff and ridged football players.

In HCMM press day q/a the question was asked, and he said that there is a point system they have set up, and there are different levels for point totals. The highest level is called ultimate warrior. Last year before camp stated they had 8. This year they have 47.

these type of stats are tricky and don't provide much clarity to on field performance. I remember back when HaLkins arrived and he was upset cause only 7 guys could dead lift over 300 ( at least I think it was dead lift). So s/c focused on power lifting, and we got strong, but stiff and ridged football players.
Ridges do add strength!

The coaches are going to have to figure out the TE role in this offense. You cannot make a true commitment to the running game with the current TE usage.

I know Lindgren keeps saying he is going to run the ball more, but I'll believe it when I see it. I would really like to see this team be much more run focused than last year (assuming we're better at it). I think that makes this offense much more potent.

I know Lindgren keeps saying he is going to run the ball more, but I'll believe it when I see it. I would really like to see this team be much more run focused than last year (assuming we're better at it). I think that makes this offense much more potent.
I'd like to think this has more to do with our RB's than commitment to running the ball. Orr, at least, I hope so.

I'd like to think this has more to do with our RB's than commitment to running the ball. Orr, at least, I hope so.

Running the ball well has and always will start and end with the talent/skill/strength/experience/cohesion/mindset of the Offensive Line. A good to great RB can elevate the running game even more, but if CU is going to become more of a balanced offense, it has to start up front.

Anyone else as surprised as much as I am that Gamboa is excelling at camp, more so than want Wantanabe. One year ago, people were saying rick looked slow, out of shApe, and not a d1 player. Kudos to him for getting his body right.

The scrimmage was kinda useless in that most of the starters didn't see action or saw limited action, so I have no take aways except the kicking game is a big concern for me now...before it was just a question mark.

The scrimmage was about exploring depth and keeping the 1s injury free. This team is thin at several key units. Gotta stay healthy.

Jeremy Bloom is a legend.

On the new facilities:
“It’s not a ‘like-to-have,’ it’s a ‘must-have’ to recruit in this conference,” Bloom said. “With the facilities and programs across the country, to 17- and 18-year-olds, that really matters.

“I remember when I was being recruited, I went to Colorado State and I saw their facilities. As a 17-year-old, I said, ‘I don’t want to play here.’ Really, that was my reaction.”

http://www.cubuffs.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=600&ATCLID=210270290

Anyone else as surprised as much as I am that Gamboa is excelling at camp, more so than want Wantanabe. One year ago, people were saying rick looked slow, out of shApe, and not a d1 player. Kudos to him for getting his body right.
I went to a couple of practices during the first week of camp. They were practicing lining up and running down field in kickoff coverage. Gamboa looked at the wide receiver next to him he just out ran and said "I beat you, that shouldn't happen!" He's putting in the work.

I went to a couple of practices during the first week of camp. They were practicing lining up and running down field in kickoff coverage. Gamboa looked at the wide receiver next to him he just out ran and said "I beat you, that shouldn't happen!" He's putting in the work.

That's frickin awesome.

Not too worried about a LB with a dislocated finger. 3 weeks to get it healed, and will tape it up with an adjacent finger. Shouldn't impact the LB's job.

Jeremy Bloom is a legend.

On the new facilities:
“It’s not a ‘like-to-have,’ it’s a ‘must-have’ to recruit in this conference,” Bloom said. “With the facilities and programs across the country, to 17- and 18-year-olds, that really matters.

“I remember when I was being recruited, I went to Colorado State and I saw their facilities. As a 17-year-old, I said, ‘I don’t want to play here.’ Really, that was my reaction.”

http://www.cubuffs.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=600&ATCLID=210270290

Wasn't Blooms first play a TD against CSU?! That's already legendary ...

It's interesting the numbers that get published on the depth chart. I know there have been comments over the last few years about not believing the numbers, but that this year they may actually be true. A few of the items I have picked up so far in camp:

Rick Gamboa - in 2014 listed at 225 lbs but lots of comments about him being big and out of shape last fall. HCMM commented that he has dropped 15 lbs and transformed his body. In 2015 listed as 230 lbs.

Shay Fields- in 2014 listed at 170 lbs. HCMM said he played at about 162, but has added 13 lbs of muscle. In 2015 listed as 175 lbs.

Jeremy Irwin - in 2014 listed at 295 lbs. In an interview, HCMM said he played around 280 - 285 last year, and has added over 10 lbs of muscle. In 2015 listed as 295 lbs

Other notables where this occurred are Gillam, KO, Crawley, Lindsay, and many others. It seems they were really making us look like a football team on paper last year. This year we are actually looking like a football team in person.

Man I sure miss those daily practice updates the last few years. Who was that? Slider?

Back