What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official Game Day Thread: Colorado vs UCLA 2012

I'd burn Dillon's shirt.

Webb has one more year, and we know Hirsch and Wood aren't it.

I just don't know how you can make this statement. Those two kids(Hirschman and Wood) have been put into the games in really bad situations and we really haven't had any real way to evaluate them.

I don't know how you could NOT make that statement! They both got beat out by Webb after 8 days of practice. 8 DAYS! Webb is something like 5-20 in his career at KU and now at CU. I don't know how you could not make that statement.

Anyways, I'm over being angry at this stuff. It's been 7 years and another 2-3 of the same ****. No changes in the near future. Kinda apathetic at this point.

I don't know how you could NOT make that statement! They both got beat out by Webb after 8 days of practice. 8 DAYS! Webb is something like 5-20 in his career at KU and now at CU. I don't know how you could not make that statement.

Anyways, I'm over being angry at this stuff. It's been 7 years and another 2-3 of the same ****. No changes in the near future. Kinda apathetic at this point.
I don't trust the current staff in their talent evaluations in practice or generally at ALL. We've seen gamers who look like sh!t in practice win games in the NFL(#15). I have a sneaking suspicion Embree had some kind of a deal with Webb when he came here and that's why he's still going with him. Webb sucks and it's time to start someone else. Texas finally stopped the two QB thing cuz it wasn't working and look at Ash now. Give Hirsh or Wood a real start to actually evaluate them. Hirsch threw a ball to Kasa yesterday that was a million times better than ANY throw i've seen webb make all year. Until we see those kids in for a full game with real gameplan(this won't happen with EB at OC), then I say it's too early to give up on them.

I don't trust the current staff in their talent evaluations in practice or generally at ALL. We've seen gamers who look like sh!t in practice win games in the NFL(#15). I have a sneaking suspicion Embree had some kind of a deal with Webb when he came here and that's why he's still going with him. Webb sucks and it's time to start someone else. Texas finally stopped the two QB thing cuz it wasn't working and look at Ash now. Give Hirsh or Wood a real start to actually evaluate them. Hirsch threw a ball to Kasa yesterday that was a million times better than ANY throw i've seen webb make all year. Until we see those kids in for a full game with real gameplan(this won't happen with EB at OC), then I say it's too early to give up on them.

Agree on a couple of things here.

1. Practice doesn't always give you the story of how a kid will play in real games. Further sometimes the way you get a talented kid to step up in practice is to get him some game time to build off. Webb may be Johnny Frickin Unitus in practice but he isn't winning us games when it matters. He is supposed to know the offense better and make significantly fewer mistakes based on practice but in games his decision making has been suspect at best and he has make enough mistakes to say that he doesn't give us any advantages there either. The other two guys, especially Wood may not be as good as Webb in practice right now but their potential ceiling is way higher, Webb isn't getting any better and isn't good enough now.

2. Dillon isn't ready. Burning his RS would make no sense. To start with he needs to develop physically putting on more weight and strength, putting him behind our line right now would be an invitation to injury and destroy his confidence. Secondly he is coming off a shoulder surgery and I'm not sure he could play at this point if he wanted to.

Agree on a couple of things here.

2. Dillon isn't ready. Burning his RS would make no sense. To start with he needs to develop physically putting on more weight and strength, putting him behind our line right now would be an invitation to injury and destroy his confidence. Secondly he is coming off a shoulder surgery and I'm not sure he could play at this point if he wanted to.

Agreed. Out o-line is providing no protection. Very dangerous to expose him to that.

Dillon needs the year to get stronger and to learn the playbook. He should be ready to go next spring. We also need to make changes on the OL, some guys are not deserving a starting role. Open up the competition next spring, maybe guys like Nembot, Mustoe, Kelly and Irwin can claim a starting role.

Last edited:
Webb didn't fumble those two balls. Webb isn't responsible for, what, 80 yards rushing. Gimme a break.

Webb didn't fumble those two balls. Webb isn't responsible for, what, 80 yards rushing. Gimme a break.

Especially since our rushing numbers were drastically inflated during the 4th quarter garbage time. Abron and Hirschman had 38 of our 83 yards.

OUr linebackers suck. They are slow as hell and when they are in position to make a play they miss the tackle. This team is horrific. There is zero hope in sight. How sick is everyone of giving up 9 yards on every play? The most simple run plays go for 1st downs on nearly every play. The when by some miracle we get a stop the offense is even worse. God what a disaster.

Back