What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official Game(s) Thread/Roll Call: CU vs Oregon

Oregon was on fire. The refs weren't draining those 8 threes.

The turnovers by Austin and lack of rebounding by Dre and missed threes by the Mayor hurt the Buffs. And Oregon's hot shooting by Joseph and Sim put the game away.

It was a hell of an offensive performance. Not many Buff games generate 80+ points.

CU has a way of bringing out the best in their opponents.

Just watch Oregon **** the bed against Utah.

Either way, we had the ball with a chance to cut it to 2 when Spencer missed the first 3. Tough loss, but it's not all on the refs.

Listen. Adversity ALWAYS happens on the road. If we want to take the next step, we must overcome adversity. Yeah. Oregon hit some crazy shots. Fact is, that is on the defense. CU needs to toughen up and develop swagger on the road.

Let's not be CanadianDuck here. I'm unhappy with the call on that Oregon tackle, and it definitely crushed some momentum of ours, but it didn't cost us the game. What cost us the game was a combination of Oregon being hot and CU playing poor defense.

Let's forget about it and go get win #20 on Saturday. We'll see the Ducks again soon enough and settle the score.

Let's not be CanadianDuck here. I'm unhappy with the call on that Oregon tackle, and it definitely crushed some momentum of ours, but it didn't cost us the game. What cost us the game was a combination of Oregon being hot and CU playing poor defense.

Let's forget about it and go get win #20 on Saturday. We'll see the Ducks again soon enough and settle the score.

Judging by how often you name drop me you must have a real hard on for me ;)

If the unthinkable happens and either UA loses to ASU or UO loses to UU... Buffs can still grab the 4 seed with a win against OSU.

I'm not blaming the refs for the loss, I am though very upset at the low quality of officiating that was supposed to be getting fixed. These officials should be doing middle school basketball, not D1 basketball.

There have been a few games this year where Oregon was hotter although this team is very hit and miss. I think when they played at WSU they shot 75% in the first half and 65% for the game and I also believe that the Ducks played a better overall game against UW. So if I had to rank this performance it would be in the top 3 for the year.

I figured for the Ducks to win the game Sim had to stay hot which he did and Joseph needed to have a big game which he did. If someone told me before the game that Singler would have 10 points and Olu 2 I would have predicted a loss so happy to be wrong on that one.

Oh and Cville I love how you imagined me beating off so I guess you did love those naked pictures of me!

I wasn't able to watch most of the game so I can't really break it down, but it looked like one hell of a game.
Pretty easy being smug and contrite after that win, isn't it?

I'm not blaming the refs for the loss, I am though very upset at the low quality of officiating that was supposed to be getting fixed. These officials should be doing middle school basketball, not D1 basketball.
I'd say, on average, all fans of all teams, both home teams and road teams, would agree. These guys are part time officials.

I'd say, on average, all fans of all teams, both home teams and road teams, would agree. These guys are part time officials.
That's no excuse for the horrible product they put out on the court.

They hit some massive contested shots and 3s. We most likely get oregon again in a week or so and I think we can win. It's all about who is hitting jumpers. Neither team is particularly good. The pac 12 is horrible this year.

Say what you want, but at least tini hasn't taken it this far:

Bull **** the refs just gave you that ****ing game.... THAT WAS ALL ****ING BALL BULL ****ING ****

That was all ball the refs just gave you a ****ing win

No a bull **** call is a bull **** call and I am just pissed right now. I will be back to normal tomorrow, but for now I am ****ing pissed at that call. I am not a Husker fan so don't ****ing compare me to those low life's.

Pretty easy being smug and contrite after that win, isn't it?

Yeah especially when I am sober lol.

Oh and I apologized for being a douche Cville, but you seem to hate me still lol. Oh well everyone has their bad moments and that was one of mine. If you wish to continue bringing it up fine by me.

Yeah especially when I am sober lol.

Oh and I apologized for being a douche Cville, but you seem to hate me still lol. Oh well everyone has their bad moments and that was one of mine. If you wish to continue bringing it up fine by me.

You lose, throw a tantrum and storm off and hide. Now, Oregon wins tonight and all of a sudden you're back here acting like a smug douche. Just funny how predictable it is, more than anything

Trying to be pissed about this game but I can't. We scored 81 so the offense did their job, and we didn't even play bad defense aside from a few retarded times leaving Sim open. They just hit a ridiculous amount of contested prayers. I realized tonight (Took me long enough) that you don't win road games without a post presence to get you those easy buckets when you go cold. Heres to hoping Josh Scott is that answer, not expecting him to be that next year because thats asking a lot, but eventually.

You lose, throw a tantrum and storm off and hide. Now, Oregon wins tonight and all of a sudden you're back here acting like a smug douche. Just funny how predictable it is, more than anything

I have been back for a bit and I fail to see where I am being smug. Cville I think you need to settle down a wee bit lol.

A bright side to the game is that (hopefully) Brown got his mojo back. IMO, we absolutely need him to have any chance in the P12 tourney. We are clearly missing something on the road, but I like our odds in a neutral setting for the tourney.

And if/when we face Nike again, is there any chance they hit 60% FG and 55% from 3? I don't think so...

I cannot believe the shooting Oregon got. They couldn't miss from 3, and if they did it would take a crazy bounce right back to them. Lots of Kobe moments. Makes me feel good about our tourney chances.

A bright side to the game is that (hopefully) Brown got his mojo back. IMO, we absolutely need him to have any chance in the P12 tourney. We are clearly missing something on the road, but I like our odds in a neutral setting for the tourney.

And if/when we face Nike again, is there any chance they hit 60% FG and 55% from 3? I don't think so...

Carlon rising from the dead was huge. We need repeat performance against Oregon State and through the tourney. If we get that, we've got a shot.

That shooting performance in the 2nd half by Oregon was ridiculous. It was mostly against good defense too. It was good to see Carlon come back, but he also had a giant blunder that I thought was one of the most killer shots of the game. It was when Sim nailed that open 3, the announcers blamed it on Ski, but they were dead wrong. Ski was guarding a bigger guy in the high post (don't remember which one), and Carlon thought I should go switch with Ski even though he's 20 feet away. Sim was left wide open, one quick pass and boom, Ski is scrambling but too late.

On to positives, the offense looked very good against the zone, which was nice. Simba actually played fairly well, I thought Ski played a hell of a game too. I was glad to see Jeremy Adams give us lots of good minutes too, its nice to know he can contribute some of what Carlon gives us next year. Disappointing loss, but its time to go pound some Beavers and then take LA by storm.

We actually shot a (slightly) higher percentage the Oregon did; we were getting a lot of easy baskets whereas they were hitting difficult outside shots which is why it seems like the shot so much better then we did. Most frustrating part about that loss is our offense finnally clicked on the road and it still didn't matter. Those 81 points would have been enough to win in every other of our losses this year except for one.

On D allowing Garrett Sim to shoot seven 3-pointers is just inexcusable, they should have blanketed him and if Joseph kept beating us with those ridiculous shots or they started having success inside then so be it, I can live with that, I can't live with giving one of the best outside shooters in the country 7 open looks from 3. We were also lazy getting back on D after made and missed shots which led to easy transition points for Oregon, that's inexcusable too. I also blame Boyle for not going to the press defense sooner, we had succes doing it but it was too little too late. Whatever we were doing before wasn't working and Boyle just stuck with it.

Back