What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official Game(s) Thread: WBB at UTSA Classic

Sweet. I can't remember what it was that I called them that someone on here said not to. I know it wasn't "nappy headed hos" :lol:

-- I'm a [strike] mother****ing [/strike] internet Angel --
it was Lady Buffs. Some time in the early 90s someone decided it was sexist to call them the Lady Buffs. Horse**** imo.

Ceal Barry decided to change it after their first elite eight. I think, seeing as she is one of the most successful coaches in CU history, it's well within her rights to do so.

I don't care, but some people do. It's less effort to just type or say "Buffs" and I don't run the risk of dealing with someone taking offense where absolutely none is attended.

I don't care, but some people do. It's less effort to just type or say "Buffs" and I don't run the risk of dealing with someone taking offense where absolutely none is attended.
I love running that risk. Cause then I can be an asshole to the person trying to be an oversensitive asshole (if they are assholish about it)

I love running that risk. Cause then I can be an asshole to the person trying to be an oversensitive asshole (if they are assholish about it)

I don't like being like you, but this.

Coach Barry is the one who decided to change it the mouthful of University of Colorado women's basketball. That is what was on the shirts being sold after the change. I will always call them the Lady Buffs. Coach Barry knows that I do this. She has laughed with me about it.

Sweet. I can't remember what it was that I called them that someone on here said not to. I know it wasn't "nappy headed hos" :lol:

It could be because they didnt want to be called cows...

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_is_a_female_buffalo_called

23314_135960796420756_2135_n.jpg

but in all seriousness, boulder needs to get off the whole politically correct crap. I believe in boulder dogs and cats arent referred to as pets either, because it insinuates ownership, so they are called something like animal companion or something stupid.

Last edited:
It could be because they didnt want to be called cows...

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_is_a_female_buffalo_called

but in all seriousness, boulder needs to get off the whole politically correct crap. I believe in boulder dogs and cats arent referred to as pets either, because it insinuates ownership, so they are called something like animal companion or something stupid.
I beat my dog extra hard just to make up for that. In all actuality, the law made no difference to me in the 6 years I owned a dog in boulder. Now, the leash nazi's....

If Ceal Barry says she doesn't want them to be called the Lady Buffs, I won't call them the Lady Buffs. It's that simple to me.

If Ceal Barry says she doesn't want them to be called the Lady Buffs, I won't call them the Lady Buffs. It's that simple to me.
Ceal will have to explain why and then convince me that another name is better.

Back