1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Official Game Thread: #7 UofA at CU (BLACKOUT GAME)

Discussion in 'Colorado Basketball Message Board' started by Shldr2Shldr, Feb 26, 2015.

1. Shldr2Shldr

Shldr2Shldr Club Member Club Member

[​IMG]

AT

[​IMG]

CLUB OPEN: 5PM
    DOORS OPEN: 6PM
    TIPOFF: 7PM
    TV: ESPN (Bill Walton on the call)
    RADIO: 850am KOA

Game is officially a "Wear Black" game (gag me), so please make sure to wear black for this game and show up loud.

Today marks the 4yr anniversary of the comeback victory over #5 UT in which the CEC and the CUnit began to garner attention nation wide. A game that showed just how much an atmosphere can impact the outcome of the game.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2015
  2. GoBuffs88

GoBuffs88 Active Member

3. AzCat83

AzCat83 New Member

What has happened to Colorado this season??? When you joined the PAC at first I thought oh another weak program and then you showed some power by finishing near the top. Now you have slipped and it will be interesting to see if you can get back to the top half of the League. I expect to get your teams best shot tonight since they will be playing Arizona, everyone gets up for us.

4. Shldr2Shldr

Lots of things have happened this year.

-Discipline issues
    -Injuries
    -Coaching mistakes

However our biggest problem is a lack of a true team leader. There is no one holding the team accountable on and off the court and it has been a struggle all year. Cats will get our best shot, not sure exactly what that is right now though.

5. absinthe

absinthe Ambitious but rubbish. Club Member Junta Member

6. hokiehead

hokiehead Gobbler on the Mountain Club Member

7. pachoops

pachoops PacHoops Blogger

Wish I could be there tonight with y'all at the Dark Horse. The mid-week games weeks before Vegas makes travel tough.

Hoping the WEAR BLACK pans out and it's a great senior night for Askia. Guy's absolutely worth appreciating. Programs are founded on guys like that.

8. Quattro

Quattro Banned BANNED Club Member

Wear black....ugh

It's a blackout, dammit!

9. TimmyDUBs

TimmyDUBs Dirty haole Club Member

No blackout jokes yet?

10. FightCu1414

FightCu1414 Fifth year Senior Club Member

Sounds like the C-unit as well this year. Wear black? That may be the dumbest thing I've ever heard.

11. wyobuff

wyobuff Well-Known Member

Lets hope the students turn up for this, eh? (and the roads dont get worse)

12. Shldr2Shldr

That is the PC name from the school. C-Unit did not come up with that.

13. Quattro

Did you see them calling out fans on twitter who called them out yesterday? CUnit is going to **** without my class leading it.

14. FightCu1414

I did. They weren't calling you out were they? I reached out to them last year, but got nothing back. Whoever handles their social media and marketing is going to have a rough career if that's the career plan.

15. Shldr2Shldr

That was me. IF they were half as passionate about creating a good home court advantage as they are about defending themselves on Twitter, I wouldn't have said anything.

16. Quattro

Not directly no, but I did retweet a tweet or two of them being called out for not generating the excitement they have in the past. There has got to be a better person who can run the account, because it's pretty sad how bad it is.

17. hokiehead

hokiehead Gobbler on the Mountain Club Member

for those keeping track, it took 'Tini ~3 months to adopt the old-school alumni attitude of "back in the day when I was in school, we got things done right..."

18. Quattro

Less than that [emoji38]

But my class was also the one rhst got to go to ABQ and LA for free and actually had to get tickets to the big games before.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2015
  19. UACat

UACat Member

Ah, the Buffs board is nice this time of year. How's it going guys?

20. FightCu1414

Well you were speaking pretty much everyone's mind. Oh well. It is what it is I guess.

21. Shldr2Shldr

Was better this time last year, thats for sure

22. Goose

Goose Hoops Moderator Club Member Junta Member

Yeah, I'm with Ziskin on this. It's hard for me to get motivated to go to some of these games, I'm not going to throw stones at the students.

23. Shldr2Shldr

The C-Unit student leadership cannot be held accountable for the rest of the students. I get it. I agreed with them on that. However, they can tweet all week, they can coin a #, they can try and build some hype. That is in their control and something they should be doing. They haven't. That is what irritated me. There was nothing but 1 post about a black out for arguably the biggest home game of the year.

24. Goose

Is it the biggest home game of the year? I mean, technically it's the best opponent we've faced all year, but how is CU being a 9.5 point underdog the "biggest home game of the year?"

That's like saying our football game against Oregon was the biggest of the year.

25. Shldr2Shldr

Considering it is a game that the fan base has designated as a "rivalry" game, or at least a game in which they would like there to be a rivalry, I think it is. What home game was bigger this year? The auburn game? The CSU game?

26. Goose

Yes to both of those games. They were before the season completely fell apart. Now, yeah, I'd love to have it be a great game, but I'm not going to get upset that there are people who don't want to come watch us get boat raced.

And it's not just the students that are letting the crowd down. There have been a few times this year they've carried the crowd. I just don't get all the hate directed towards them on this one.

27. Shldr2Shldr

It isn't hate. It was criticism. Meant to be constructive before they got all butt hurt.

The leadership get some of the best seats in the house reserved for them every game. Would be nice to see them at least try and raise a little excitement for a big home game is all. They have been disappointing this year.

28. Quattro

I remember the fat, disgusting chick in C-Unit screaming at me for sitting in the 3rd or 4th row 20 minutes after we had got there because "she wanted to reserve the entire row for her friends" and that we weren't allowed to sit there. There's a strong sense of entitlement among some of them. Guess what ****ers, I've been to just as many games as you. Simmer down.

29. Goose

Is this where we go through and find all the posts you made about watching the games on TV because your "friends are lame"?

30. Quattro

This was following the 2012 season where I was selected to go to ABQ because of game attendance, so go ahead, but it's not relevant to this year where my friends are no longer students and are working (including me). Prior to this year I had missed few home games from 2010-2014.