What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

*Official Game Thread* - Buffs at KU

SHT just air balled a FT, and it wasn't even as close as I'm describing it.

That probably landed about 6 feet in front of him

Isn't it pretty evident free throws have been a problem all season long? Why hasn't this been fixed

Ran into a buzz saw today. We're not playing our game, but KU at home with 10 days to prepare kind of sets up for them bringing their A game.

:yeahthat: Tad's gotta pay attention to that kind of sked detail! KU = 10 days, at home, to practice against what the oppo's run; while the Buffs have one day, after a huge intra-state rivalry game? That kind of scheduling is begging to get your asses kicked, even if you are highly experienced---Buffs are not---and talented---Buffs are, but very young.

That simply cannot be allowed to happen.

For reference, unless I missed something, the last time we got stomped by more than 36 points against KU was January 7, 1998...we lost 111-62...

Well that was brutal. We're too soft right now. Nice wakeup call to get physical with and without the ball. Kansas plays like men. We need some attitude because we got our lunch taken from us with no fight and no answers. How the walkons going to clown on us.

Why is one of our best and most talented team in years getting steamrolled there while other, less talented teams played them tough(er)?

Easiest answer here would be effort and that is unacceptable.

Why is one of our best and most talented team in years getting steamrolled there while other, less talented teams played them tough(er)?

Easiest answer here would be effort and that is unacceptable.

Lots of reasons, but the bottom line is that the stage was too big for them.

Hope they learned something from this beatdown.

Not even competitive. Lack of movement on offense. We were shook. No adjustments is what surprise me.

This reminded me of one of those NBA games you see every now and then when one team sleepwalks while the other came to play.

Worst loss in Tad's history in Boulder?
Probably by definition. But I have more explanations for this loss than the Iowa State one two years ago where we didn't play a lick of defense and it ultimately made us look like the inconsistent team we were to the selection committee.

KU is damn good and playing them on the road with our key players being 1 junior, 2 sophomores, and a bunch of freshman is no easy task. Another embarrassing road loss but we'll be aight. We should be good and battle tested by conference play and Scott is really starting to look like a monster.

The problem with a loss this big is what it does for your confidence in coming games. It is not a good situation to be coming off a 36 point loss and now have to face a tricky MWC road game. We absolutely have to beat Fresno. Find a way, make a way. Get it done.

Humbling defeat that you can use to reteach some concepts the team might have overlooked by their great start

Fresno State is a win they need to get to show some kind of road capability

This is one of KUs weakest teams if you ask me. Buffs need to man up! We are a long way away from making real noise in the tourney.

I think the early season success made us forget just how young this team is. Remember that this wasn't supposed to be the year and we're still exceeding expectations.

This is one of KUs weakest teams if you ask me. Buffs need to man up! We are a long way away from making real noise in the tourney.

That's another part that concerns me. I still don't think this is a "great" KU team. Obviously they're quite good, though. You can't play the compare scores game with too much accuracy, but somehow Oregon State was able to compete with them for 40 minutes in KC and barely lost. This was easily KU's most lopsided win of the season.

That's another part that concerns me. I still don't think this is a "great" KU team. Obviously they're quite good, though. You can't play the compare scores game with too much accuracy, but somehow Oregon State was able to compete with them for 40 minutes in KC and barely lost. This was easily KU's most lopsided win of the season.

Coming off 10 days of practice. Today may have been KU turning the corner from borderline Top 10 to a true elite for this season.

Coming off 10 days of practice. Today may have been KU turning the corner from borderline Top 10 to a true elite for this season.

For our sake, I hope so. Strange set up, as they don't play again now until next Saturday. I get that most teams have an exam break, theirs just comes early. We'll have a true sense of whether they've taken the jump to elite when they play @ #7 Ohio State two weeks from today.

Just one of those days. Our kids had too long to think about it, went in, and played like they'd swallowed a watermelon. Tad is good enough that he'll make a positive out of this.

Just one of those days. Our kids had too long to think about it, went in, and played like they'd swallowed a watermelon. Tad is good enough that he'll make a positive out of this.

Too long to think about it? Two days is too long? WTF are you talking about? The close rivalry game late Wednesday night drained this team. Meanwhile KU had 10 days to practice against the Buffs' tendencies.

Give Boyle ten days and homecourt against this KU team and we'd see DIFFERENT RESULT!

Winning on the road is hard in College BB. Really hard.

Type of thing you really only learn by having experienced upper classmen.

Too long to think about it? Two days is too long? WTF are you talking about? The close rivalry game late Wednesday night drained this team. Meanwhile KU had 10 days to practice against the Buffs' tendencies.

Give Boyle ten days and homecourt against this KU team and we'd see DIFFERENT RESULT!

I don't think we beat Kansas this calender year, no matter the venue, including the moon. :cry:

Kansas lacks a great point guard this year, which is unusual for them. That said they are athletic and tall at all positions. They were a tough match up for us. The emergence of the center Withey though is going to make tough to beat in march.

They exposed our youth and lack of athleticism viz a viz stalzer and SHT. Also, Adams played terrible. XJ had a good game despite the lack of points--hopefully a good stepping stone for him.

Next year, we could give them a run for their money if Roberson comes back, given the addition of Gordon and the expected increased physicality of Scott and XJ.

Watching today's game, I couldn't help but think Dre's regressed offensively this year. He's forcing things more and doesn't seem to have a good feel for what the defense is trying to do. he's a better player when he's playing a complimentary role and not looking for his own offense. Some of those inbounds passes were awful too.

The one other thing I did notice early on was XJ and Scott were the only two players on the court who didn't look scared. XJ's still finding his way but he's willing to fight and should be a good player down the line.

Back