What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official Game Thread - Buffs travel to KjSU

Great game to watch. Fantastic win for the buffs. Relphorde had a great first half and Levi was huge. I'm starting to love watching this team. Hope they can keep it going this Saturday. Students will be back, right?

How about some ****ing love from ESPN? Nothing on either the front page or the CBB front page....

How about some ****ing love from ESPN? Nothing on either the front page or the CBB front page....

Getting overshadowed by the 'Noles beating Duke.

Hoping KU is still undefeated when they come to Boulder.

Nixon is an ass

I wonder if anybody from tiggerboard was watching. What do you think of us now, assholes? :lol:
Former room-mate in Columbia now and a big MU hoops fan says Nixon is an ass wipe. Tiggers are scared, they aren't that good. Nixon can blow me.

True...but Mizzou made it.....ugh

Yeah, but when we beat Mizzou, they were ranked top ten and we hadn't done **** yet. Duke is one of the few unbeatens...or was one of the few. This is a great win, but from a national news perspective, the 22nd ranked team losing isn't too big news.

Anyway, great news for the Buffs...wish I wasn't traveling and forced to miss the game...

Not to say we don't have some talent because Burks could be a high NBA pick and Higgins will be on a roster. Relaphorde (sp.) is tough and strong if a lot short, Roberson is a dynamo, rebounds like he is 5 inches and 40lbs heavier. That said this is a team that completely lacks a Big XII level big man to start much less completely lacks depth at the power positions. Our PGs are either limited (Tomlinson) or very young (Sharpe), other than Burks and Higgins this is a roster of guys who could be generously called role players.

That all said Boyle has them playing way above their talent level. He uses guys in a way that maximizes what they can do and their contribution to the team. Knutson wouldn't be playing for a lot of other D1 teams and would be warming the end of the bench on others. On this team he plays tough defense and seems to drop a 3 every time the Buffs need a big play to take control of the momentum. Dufault has no business being as effective as he has been but he ends up in the right place at the right time to get rebounds and points.

Unlike what we have seen over the past few years, especially with Ricardo, this team plays hard, plays unselfishly, works on defense, doesn't let bad breaks and bad calls throw them off their game, and now is winning. Boyle is big time, he knows what it takes at this level and working to get his team to that point and keep them there.

Some stats I thought were fun:

- - the Buffs out-rebounded the purple-pussies 38-29 (how in the he!! are we doing that without a true post player?)

-- CU 50% field goals (67% from 3-point land)

-- Buffs shot a meager 57% free throws, but kjsu only shot 61% FT's at home

-- Finally, the Buffs won, on the road, in front of 12528. I'm sure there were precious few decked out in B-n-G.

NOICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Some stats I thought were fun:

- - the Buffs out-rebounded the purple-pussies 38-29 (how in the he!! are we doing that without a true post player?)

-- CU 50% field goals (67% from 3-point land)

-- Buffs shot a meager 57% free throws, but kjsu only shot 61% FT's at home

-- Finally, the Buffs won, on the road, in front of 12528. I'm sure there were precious few decked out in B-n-G.

NOICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

@ the bold: Because all 5 players are crashing the boards like a champ. Just fighting for every rebound there is the past two games.

Knutson wouldn't be playing for a lot of other D1 teams and would be warming the end of the bench on others. On this team he plays tough defense and seems to drop a 3 every time the Buffs need a big play to take control of the momentum.

Gotta disagree with you on this point, otherwise a great post. There is a saying in the NBA that if you can do one thing exceptionally well (rebound, shoot, handle the ball) you'll be able to play. Levi can flat out shoot the ball. Don't get me wrong, he's not an NBA player or the best player on this team , but a kid that can shoot the ball as well as he does, along with his basketball smarts, will find himself on the floor contributing on just about every team in college basketball.

Gotta disagree with you on this point, otherwise a great post. There is a saying in the NBA that if you can do one thing exceptionally well (rebound, shoot, handle the ball) you'll be able to play. Levi can flat out shoot the ball. Don't get me wrong, he's not an NBA player or the best player on this team , but a kid that can shoot the ball as well as he does, along with his basketball smarts, will find himself on the floor contributing on just about every team in college basketball.

Levi knows exactly who he is and what he is as well as what he is not. He is the kind of guy you can win with because he will give you everything he has and not try to give you something he can't. As a guy who played very little prior to this year and a guy without outstanding physical talents on most good teams he would be a forgotten man. Most coaches would see his liabilities and play somebody with more "star" potential.

I'm not saying that Knutson is a bad player but he is a role player. On most Big XII teams he would be looked at as a backup guy, somebody to give you minutes off the bench. He isn't big and strong, he isn't a great shooter, a great leaper, real quick. He does play hard and smart and does his part to help the team.

This team has an attitude that creates wins like this. Even the big two, Burks and Higgins, play team basketball. They look to do the things that will help the team look good, not necessarily what will make them look good. Boyle has these guys believing that they can be winners if they work hard, play smart, and have the right attitude. Very fun to watch.

Last edited:
Levi knows exactly who he is and what he is as well as what he is not. He is the kind of guy you can win with because he will give you everything he has and not try to give you something he can't. As a guy who played very little prior to this year and a guy without outstanding physical talents on most good teams he would be a forgotten man. Most coaches would see his liabilities and play somebody with more "star" potential.

I'm not saying that Knutson is a bad player but he is a role player. On most Big XII teams he would be looked at as a backup guy, somebody to give you minutes off the bench. He isn't big and strong, he isn't a great shooter, a great leaper, real quick. He does play hard and smart and does his part to help the team.

This team has an attitude that creates wins like this. Even the big two, Burks and Higgins, play team basketball. They look to do the things that will help the team look good, not necessarily what will make them look good. Boyle has these guys believing that they can be winners if they work hard, play smart, and have the right attitude. Very fun to watch.

Did you just say that Levi isnt a great shooter? Are you out of your mind?

martinexplodes.jpg

StROKE STROKE STROKE STRRRRROKE

First road win over a ranked team in 14 years!!

Did we really just win in the Octagon of Doom despite Alec Burks struggling? Holy sh**, I must be dreaming. Daily Camera pointed out that this win improved the basketBuffs to 11-54 all-time in the Little Apple. What a memorable final visit!

So...13-4 (2-0) with two quality wins and one bad loss. Our next opponent Oklahoma State lost big at aTm tonight, but the Ags are a top 15 team, if not better. The 'Pokes are 13-3 and beat KSU by 14 in Stoolwater this past Saturday. Other notable games for them include wins over Stanford and Alabama, and losses to Virginia Tech and Gonzaga. Simply put, this game in Boulder on Saturday could have big implications come March. Okie State is a team that will likely finish with 18-20 wins and be right on the bubble

The great thing is, Higgins and Burks did not play all that dominately. We won with the other guys. It would seem that that bodes well for the future.

Guy on ESPNU just picked where the 4 undefeateds would lose down the stretch. Guess where he picked Kansas would go down?

I think MtnBuff is making a great point. Levi isn't a great shooter...one good game shooting doesn't mean he's great behind the arc. He is good, sure, but not great. Great is Korver, Redick, Curry, etc. Knutson is filling his role on the team very well and playing with heart, but he is not a great shooter that would find himself playing on many programs. Boyle does seem to have the team buying into what he's saying.

We neeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeed to win Saturday. Get it done, buffaloes!

I want to say it was you in another thread that stated Mizzou runs a gimmick offense and KSU isn't at full strength - both of which are true. I'd like to take that over to here, because I still have tempered expectations of this team (NCAA bubble, not guarantee). If we keep this hot streak going, then great, but if we lose to KU, not all is lost. We just need a good solid effort against KU, not necessarily a win. Keep your confidence high, and for a team like this (not a perennial power or not a lot of hype about them), a tough loss right now could spark some competitive fire under them for the rest of the year. I'm not saying I want us to lose, but it won't be the end of the world for this team...we just need a competitive effort.

I am out of my mind, I meant to say Default is not a great shooter, good at certain shots but limited. Levi is a great shooter but again he is not a guy who creates his own shots and he doesn't have a great variety of shots.

My point is that Boyle is taking a bunch of guys who are mostly very limited players, along with a couple of outstanding guys, and has them playing outstanding team basketball. Every guy does his part in making the team as a whole better and that is what you want to get from a coach.

Levi is a Great shooter right now. He feels it upstairs and with his stroke. Ive seen Reddick, Corver, Allen, all the Curry's be streaky at times, all pure shooters do that from time to time. Lets just hope Levi stays this way all the way till March.

Back