What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official Game Thread -- Colorado at Stanford

You know, Im not quite there, but I'm getting there, quickly. YAZ is flat out out performing him.

Assists @ stan:
Yaz 5
jelly 3,
fletcher/fortune 2,
talton/gordon 1
dom 0.

Assists @ cal
fortune 2
yaz 4,
everyone else, 0

Maybe I am there darth.
Euros learn fundamentals. Americans learn "ESPN Top 10" street ball crap.

Euros learn fundamentals. Americans learn "ESPN Top 10" street ball crap.

This thread is going downhill quickly.

Are you saying that Yaz is more fundamentally sound than Dom, or just repeating some tired old bull****? Either way, I think you are wrong.

In history I've seen competent PGs better than Yaz look worse than Yaz at this point. Yaz may be a bit freshman like at times, but is better than I expected at this point.

1980 - Jay Humphries
1995 - Chauncey
2011 - Mayor

repeat: the AD won't allow Jay H in the CU Hall of Fame, because he wasn't an 'All-American'.
#13 NBA pick, 11 year career, present NBA ass't coach.
nothing like a little pride and independence

Stayed up watching the game. It ended after 11 where I live. I'm usually asleep by then.

This team needs to learn to play two halves of basketball. The way the first half went, I thought they could blow out Stanford. Then came the second half and the Buffs could not buy a bucket.

Stayed up watching the game. It ended after 11 where I live. I'm usually asleep by then.

This team needs to learn to play two halves of basketball. The way the first half went, I thought they could blow out Stanford. Then came the second half and the Buffs could not buy a bucket.

Yeah. They completely lost their movement and the flow to the game on the offensive end in the 2nd half. It was shockingly bad.

Another entertaining game thread. Stanford sucks. How did Utah lose to them? Big night for Jelly and Wes with no relief on the bench. They stayed out of foul trouble and their defense was huge at the end.
They did mention something about the background behind that basket. Utah missed their last 7 free throws on the same basket. I'm not sure what the issue is. Maybe a lot of blank, open space.

They did mention something about the background behind that basket. Utah missed their last 7 free throws on the same basket. I'm not sure what the issue is. Maybe a lot of blank, open space.

That was just the announcer fishing for things to discuss. He was referring to the baskets hanging from the ceiling (like at Coors), and the other announcer basically said at that level of basketball, having a hanging hoop vs. on a standard doesn't mean jack. He then did bring up that some of the tournament sites at bigger domes have a lot of space behind hoops and that that could mess with depth perception for some players.

That was just the announcer fishing for things to discuss. He was referring to the baskets hanging from the ceiling (like at Coors), and the other announcer basically said at that level of basketball, having a hanging hoop vs. on a standard doesn't mean jack. He then did bring up that some of the tournament sites at bigger domes have a lot of space behind hoops and that that could mess with depth perception for some players.
Alot of guys flat can't shoot in a dome, seen it a lot over the years. I wouldn't imagine Stanford's arena is huge like that? I don't know much about their court honestly.

All I'll say about that is that if CU had trouble shooting in Palo Alto because it's one of the few arenas that have flyaway baskets with no stanchion... then we're totally ****ed for all our home games.

While CU only could manage .594 PPP in the 2nd half, I can't complain about the shot selection. Shots at the rim and 3's are what you want. They did take 10 shots 25 seconds into the shot clock (tied for season highest w/Penn St game) which isn't exactly what you want.

Screen Shot 2016-01-07 at 7.12.24 PM.png
;

The lack of shots from the corners makes me think that there was a lack of dribble penetration. Too much standing around without attacking.

Back