What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

***Official Game Thread: Colorado @ Washington State***

Three point shooting kills us on offense and defense

Story of this game. Hard to win when you're 2/13 and the opponent is 9/18. Equalize those percentages and this is a CU walkover.

Was the ref who called the held ball the same guy who disagreed on the call to give us possession at the end of the game?

Work on inbounds plays, stay the **** out of the corner, u know they will trap. I wouldn't depend on a Pac12 official at all. This team is frustrating man. Good Lord.

Well our path for a deep run in Vegas is considerably easier with the loss today, strange as it is. However there's no question I would have taken 15-15 and a more difficult path than 14-16 and a more favorable one. Only way I will feel differently is if we win 3 or 4 games in Vegas.

I think that this one is on the coaching ... 10 seconds left, 2 point lead and we get the ball into a corner trap ... the in bounds play has been problematic all year for this club ... as much as I like and respect him, that is on Boyle

Sad (draining) outcome, but not a bad performance. After the two Oregon teams, I feared the tailspin wasn't going to stop. This was an almost-win on the road, not a terrible team at WSU, senior night etc, WSU took some leads where the Buffs could have thrown in the towel but didn't. Josh showed what he'll be doing next year healthy, and reminded that if he'd been healthy this year, he likely wouldn't be back next Fall. I realize it's all about the W, including the NIT chances, but if we'd eked out a win there'd be a lot of excitement on this thread.

I think that this one is on the coaching ... 10 seconds left, 2 point lead and we get the ball into a corner trap ... the in bounds play has been problematic all year for this club ... as much as I like and respect him, that is on Boyle

I think Tad is an excellent coach and fear the day he is gone.

That said their are still a few issues that he needs to figure out before this program can take the next step up.

One of those is inbounds plays, In all the time Tad has been here we have had trouble getting the ball in against pressure, we have also at times had trouble getting the ball up the court if we couldn't do it on individual talent.

Another one of the issues showed itself tonight as well. We haven't been able to adjust when a spot up shooter gets hot from the outside. How many nights have we seen some guy who is far from a great player have a career night against us from the arc and we don't seem to have a clue how to slow him down.

To me the biggest issue is doing something with the half court offense that will allow us to create some scoring and reduce the length and frequency of the scoring droughts that have killed us in so many games.

The issue we have seen this year that hasn't been common in prior years but is a serious concern is the teams unwillingness to consistently play defense. This is one thing that isn't consistent with Tad's history.

The positive thing is that while Tad is stubborn he is also very intelligent. It would be a surprise if he doesn't take a serious look at this season and make some significant changes.

Thursday ski scores 5 and we win by 17. Today he scores 26 and we lose by 5. He is obviously the reason we have a below .500 record. We should bench him and move on.

Sarcasm/retarded logic displayed by many posters in this forum.

Bring on the hate.

Thursday ski scores 5 and we win by 17. Today he scores 26 and we lose by 5. He is obviously the reason we have a below .500 record. We should bench him and move on.

Sarcasm/retarded logic displayed by many posters in this forum.

Bring on the hate.
Nobody is blaming Ski but that was bad dog. Even a prick like u could admit that. There are a ton of reasons why they have an under .500. Does that get me kicked out of the bball forum, because of a cardinal mistake? Like I give a **** what you'd say, maybe interesting, I doubt it.

Nobody is blaming Ski but that was bad dog. Even a prick like u could admit that. There are a ton of reasons why they have an under .500. Does that get me kicked out of the bball forum, because of a cardinal mistake? Like I give a **** what you'd say, maybe interesting, I doubt it.
What Rugged said is true according to some in this fanbase. It's absolutely pathetic

Please....

I think Tad is an excellent coach and fear the day he is gone.

That said their are still a few issues that he needs to figure out before this program can take the next step up.

One of those is inbounds plays, In all the time Tad has been here we have had trouble getting the ball in against pressure, we have also at times had trouble getting the ball up the court if we couldn't do it on individual talent.

Another one of the issues showed itself tonight as well. We haven't been able to adjust when a spot up shooter gets hot from the outside. How many nights have we seen some guy who is far from a great player have a career night against us from the arc and we don't seem to have a clue how to slow him down.

To me the biggest issue is doing something with the half court offense that will allow us to create some scoring and reduce the length and frequency of the scoring droughts that have killed us in so many games.

The issue we have seen this year that hasn't been common in prior years but is a serious concern is the teams unwillingness to consistently play defense. This is one thing that isn't consistent with Tad's history.

The positive thing is that while Tad is stubborn he is also very intelligent. It would be a surprise if he doesn't take a serious look at this season and make some significant changes.

Please fire this guy immediately!!! He failed to get recruits this year in the US and overseas. Bottomline, nobody wants to play for a guy who runs a stagnat offense (see Ben Howland and Bezdelik). He has an NBA player in Scott and two core players in Booker and XJ, yet he continues with his odd lineups and a sub .500 season with one of the most experienced rosters in the PAC 12. The truth is, he cannot coach. He is the the Dan Hawkins of CU basketball. Lots of promise, however the new AD comes in with new goals on winning and Boyle cannot measure up. This is not the players, this is coaching plain and simple.

Please fire this guy immediately!!! He failed to get recruits this year in the US and overseas. Bottomline, nobody wants to play for a guy who runs a stagnat offense (see Ben Howland and Bezdelik). He has an NBA player in Scott and two core players in Booker and XJ, yet he continues with his odd lineups and a sub .500 season with one of the most experienced rosters in the PAC 12. The truth is, he cannot coach. He is the the Dan Hawkins of CU basketball. Lots of promise, however the new AD comes in with new goals on winning and Boyle cannot measure up. This is not the players, this is coaching plain and simple.

Don't know if you are serious.

How many tmes has CU been to the tourney in the last 30 years? How many of those have been under Tad?

He has earned a lot of flexbility. Doesn't mean he has a job for life but a single sub .500 season doesn't come close to putting him under pressure.

Ahh, so you preferred the pre-Tad Buffs BBall glory days?

Nice to see someone has a sense of humor after this game.

:rofl2:

Well since we're going down this road again, I'll add a bit of my opinion. I think it could be nice if we could say things like "Tad really needs to get the inbounds plays figured out, that has been a shortcoming of his" without then needing to provide a paragraph of one's unwavering love for Tad due to fear of the Tad Stasi taking offense. 99 percent of us on here are behind Tad, but surely we can critique the guy. It's a ****ing message board... and we're 14-16.

Well since we're going down this road again, I'll add a bit of my opinion. I think it could be nice if we could say things like "Tad really needs to get the inbounds plays figured out, that has been a shortcoming of his" without then needing to provide a paragraph of one's unwavering love for Tad due to fear of the Tad Stasi taking offense. 99 percent of us on here are behind Tad, but surely we can critique the guy. It's a ****ing message board... and we're 14-16.

If it helps: INBOUNDS PLAYS HAVE SUCKED EVERY YEAR UNDER TAD. IT MUST GET FIXED.

Hopefully that's out of the way. Not like anyone is going to accuse me of being a Tad hater.

Lots to work on to improve things. First step is to get back to basics, though. Buffs didn't defend tonight and haven't defended like they're supposed to all year. Defend. Rebound. Avoid turnovers. It has to be built from that winning foundation.

If it helps: INBOUNDS PLAYS HAVE SUCKED EVERY YEAR UNDER TAD. IT MUST GET FIXED.

Hopefully that's out of the way. Not like anyone is going to accuse me of being a Tad hater.

Lots to work on to improve things. First step is to get back to basics, though. Buffs didn't defend tonight and haven't defended like they're supposed to all year. Defend. Rebound. Avoid turnovers. It has to be built from that winning foundation.

Agreed. I question whether tad is the right guy also. He's done the best we have seen, but is that all we expect? Not me. I want better. I don't know if he's the right person for getting us there. I also know, getting rid of him now, will take us back to the patheticness we used to be. Tough situation.

Here's to CU having a Turgeon-style resurgence like Maryland did this year. Things were bleak for Turgeon for a while in College Park. He's got himself some fantastic guards now though, so that's the big difference there.

Welcome to the board dumbass

Our inbounds plays are a joke, surely Tad knows this right? I'm kinda with Rugged, idk about Tad being the guy long term but he has to be right now. Our team does some head scratching ****, that's for sure. Props to Scott and Ski, they played good ball last night. Looks like Scott's back is better, he'll have a big year next season.

Still don't understand this on inbounds plays - a deficiency obvious to everyone but nothing changes? There has to have been efforts to improve but it hasn't worked. Clearly opponents know the weakness and probably redouble efforts, especially during crunch time?

Just doesn't make sense that experienced coaches and good athletes can't resolve this issue.

Back