What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

***Official Game Thread: Colorado @ Washington State***

Askia
1st Half: 4-6 from the field, 4 assists.
2nd Half: 5-15 from the field, 0 assists.

First half looked like the leader, who understood his #1 job was to involve everyone, share the ball and make sure it's moving. Looked spectacular.

2nd half was World B. Booker.

Askia

First half looked like the leader, who understood his #1 job was to involve everyone, share the ball and make sure it's moving. Looked spectacular.

And that has what do to with giving up 96 points? Your agenda is clear and dumb.

Askia

Dont think Ski was the problem, yes a mistake late. Nobody had the balls to grab the bull by the horns, he and Scott did, XJ was good at times. Please go let Pop tell you how they do it. It's basketball 101. Look at Atlanta, that guy coaching them was under Pop for awhile, they play the same way. Ski saw it slipping and did what he had to, he was maybe 2 inches from ending it from 60 feet, that's a guess.

Askia

And yet the Buffs were down by 7 in the first half, and out scored WSU by 7 in the second half. Hmmm... Maybe Ski's stats don't tell the whole story..,

I could be wrong but it's how I'd approach it. Tempo, tempo, tempo. We have athletes, let them be athletes. This taking a crap shot with 3 left on the shot clock is stupid. I think we saw what Scott could do down low last night, his back seems good. Push the ball, take it to the basket if it's there. If not, then run O. Either way, it's full gas on O and D.

I'd like an explanation for how Fletch comes out, hits 2 treys to start the game, and then doesn't get another shot attempt through the rest of regulation and OT... while the team proceeds to miss 13 straight 3-pointers.

Defense is effort. We have an athletic bunch, but they need to show it on the court. If we are going to continually change the player rotation based on offensive spark, it will be more of the same. Game starts with defense, and I would rotate based on who is playing their A** off on D.

We do need better scheme and direction at the offensive end if not in transition, which I prefer if at all possible, but this team has to play better D next year. We just get lit up from outside, and we cannot get the stop when we need it most.

I think we have parts in terms of players, needing some help at guard both ends, but still wondering about our scheme and commitment on defense when we struggle....

(BTW, agree per Fletch, also wonder why Justin removed.... There are some nice pieces to get this thing back together, Tory, Wes, Jhop, XJ/I hope )

EDIT: Josh in the middle of course....

Last night's game was a microcosm for the entire season.
Josh and Askia proved they have elite talent. The Buffs fought for 40 minutes to a tie. The Buffs put the Wazzou team in a perfect position to Coug it in the final minute.

But the Buffs squander an abundance of talent with a heavy dose of bad inbounds play, an inability to stop the three, and a decidedly lacking desire to dominate and win for two consecutive nights on the road.

The Buffs stopped short of living up to their potential last night, which has been a theme all season long.

A strong P12 tourney performance would be Tad's biggest miracle yet. You have to tune in to see if the Buffs get hungry and finally live up to pre-season expectations because Tad's done it before. But it's long odds they got four good games in them.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back