What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official Game Thread: CU Buffs at ASU Sun Devils

These young Buffs now have a week before their next game, and hopefully they'll get themselves re-oriented toward going forward without Spencer. I'm sure as hell not going to give up on this talented group because they slumped when their best player was injured.

These young Buffs now have a week before their next game, and hopefully they'll get themselves re-oriented toward going forward without Spencer. I'm sure as hell not going to give up on this talented group because they slumped when their best player was injured.

Talented? Where are you seeing that? We just got destroyed by a bad team.

The post-game review on the PAC-12 Network was brutal, but true.

This game was why I asked about a week ago who was going to step up and lead the team. It ain't Ski. It may not be anyone else either, but Askia isn't getting it done. There's more to leadership than just being vocal. That was a rudderless ship out there today.

What an awful performance by the whole team, sucks when we are ASUs bitch...flush this one and try and regroup against the Youts at home...

We flat out SUCK. Fact. Nothing redeeming about this team right now. Does Tad say anything in the dressing room at half? Because we seem to get far worse after the break. Awful turnovers. Awful shot selection. Awful fouls. We are awful and at this point the coaching and gameplan is awful too. Does Rodney Billips do anything? Have yet to see him actually speak during games. Snappy dresser, coaching ability well not so much. Venting and pissed off. Sorry Buff brethren but wow.

The Mayor's tweet just sent out says it all. "I don't know what to say.

My 1000th Allbuffs post and a depressing one. Go Buffs.

Everyone on this board gives you ****, dude, and I thought your original projection was overly pessimistic. But I think you're closer to the truth than most on here. I see us right now being better than WSU and maybe OSU. That's it.[/QUOTE

seattle - thanks. I have come to learn over the years that CU fans hate the truth when we have a bad team or recruit poorly. They are also more than happy to personally attack those CU fans who point out the truth. I appreciate the fact that you seem very objective, a rarity among a very defensive fan base with an inflated view of CU, usually content with making excuses for losing.

We suck without Dinwiddie - I think it was fairly easy to see this coming. I guess that makes me a CSU fan or John Henderson.

Yes we hate the truth

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Where is Kevin Coyle to contribute and share information when we need him? His contribution is better than most these days. This place has turned into a miserable place that I used to enjoy.

I would put you near the top in denying the truth and getting defensive when other CU fans point our how much we suck. And we do suck. The fact is we are the PAC 12's bitch in every major sport right now.

Yet I back my statements up with stats for the most part. Can you point to a stat the proves we have the worst back court in the nation? Because I can to prove otherwise. Defensive? :lol: nah, not at all.

It's the lack of mental toughness that bugs me as shown by poor free throw shooting, traveling, shot clock violations, giving up uncontested layups due to missed defensive assignments,and XJs mouth.

Sounds like a bunch of guys that haven't played much at all, let alone now forced to play together as a starting unit. How long ago did spencer get hurt? Two games ago? Three? These guys are kids. We can only hope, pray, they start to gel over the next few games and play well for the last 4-5 games and the p12 tournament.

Where is Kevin Coyle to contribute and share information when we need him? His contribution is better than most these days. This place has turned into a miserable place that I used to enjoy.
The quality of posting and the team's success have had an inverse relationship. Maybe that'll continue and a few of these guys will clear out soon.

back it up with stats then. Freshman are inconsistent, not sure why you are so surprised to see them struggle on the road.

"Inconsistent" would imply that our freshmen have shown something offensively in some games, but not in others. That's inconsistency. I've seen ZERO from Wes or JHop or Thomas or anybody that makes me think they just need more time to develop and then they'll be stars or even good. (Wes defensively is an upside) Conversely, with Dinwiddie and Scott as freshmen, you could see what we had with them, that they were going to be special. I see none of that with our underclassmen.

I'm getting weary of seeing "talented" used to describe this team.

Last edited:
"Inconsistent" would imply that our freshmen have shown something offensively in some games, but not in others. That's inconsistency. I've seen ZERO from Wes or JHop or Thomas and anybody that makes me think they just need more time to develop and then they'll be stars or even good. (Wes defensively is an upside) Conversely, with Dinwiddie and Scott as freshmen, you could see what we had with them, that they were going to be special. I see none of that with our underclassmen.

Really? You haven't seen anything in JHop or Gordon? Seriously? Wow.

For those bitching about talent, a few things to consider:

1. The most highly-regarded (and college-ready) recruit in this year's class went down within minutes of the Mayor. The other three were consider more long-term prospects than guys who would make an instant impact. Thomas' showings in a summer rec league somehow convinced many that he would be a star this year, but he just had too far to go for that to happen.

2. No one is going to look good without a PG to run the show. The Mayor was the one guy we couldn't afford to lose, for the obvious reason that he's the team's best player, but also because he's the one player who can effectively get the team into its offense. Now, we're forcing guys to just go one on one to score, and it's ugly.

3. For those harping about Wes's offense, you're not paying attention. He was recruited as an interior defender, rebounder and shoot-blocker. He's been inconsistent, sure, but you can't argue he hasn't shown flashes of turning into a damn good player in another year or two.

Things will get better. We'll see glimpses from some of the freshmen soon. But I'm not sure why everyone is so surprised about what we're seeing. All of the “negativity Nancy's" who posted after Spencer's injury may have been on to something- this team just hasn't been built to the point where we can withstand that kind of loss mid-season.

Last edited:

I'm afraid Kevin Coyle has found new frontiers that he finds interesting and would like to contribute to. His interest appears to be a passion that burns deep, but fast.

But we do have other newish posters that are at least as Sly as Mr. Coyle, if not more so. So that's something, I suppose...

We flat out SUCK. Fact. Nothing redeeming about this team right now. Does Tad say anything in the dressing room at half? Because we seem to get far worse after the break. Awful turnovers. Awful shot selection. Awful fouls. We are awful and at this point the coaching and gameplan is awful too. Does Rodney Billips do anything? Have yet to see him actually speak during games. Snappy dresser, coaching ability well not so much. Venting and pissed off. Sorry Buff brethren but wow.

The Mayor's tweet just sent out says it all. "I don't know what to say.

My 1000th Allbuffs post and a depressing one. Go Buffs.
That's what got me was how we regressed in the 2nd half.

I'm usually an optimist, but this game has me re-evaluating things. It's only one game and it's one I thought we'd win, wouldn't have been surprised if we lost but didn't expect to get massacred. I don't like the result of the UCLA/UofA games, but I think we got beat by the better teams in each case. I expected more tonight. I think it goes without saying this is the most disappointing game of the year from a performance perspective, losing Spencer against UW was a worse feeling.

This is not an effort, focus, chemistry, etc problem. This is a talent problem.

There are numerous freshmen all around the country who can score. They may be inconsistent, make poor decisions, etc, but they still can look dangerous. We have none of that. We simply have ZERO offensive weapons. Shut down Scott and were done. It's shocking that we can be this miserable on offense.

NIT bound.

"Inconsistent" would imply that our freshmen have shown something offensively in some games, but not in others. That's inconsistency. I've seen ZERO from Wes or JHop or Thomas or anybody that makes me think they just need more time to develop and then they'll be stars or even good. (Wes defensively is an upside) Conversely, with Dinwiddie and Scott as freshmen, you could see what we had with them, that they were going to be special. I see none of that with our underclassmen.

I'm getting weary of seeing "talented" used to describe this team.

who are these freshman around the country that are scoring at will. I want to see all these freshman, outside the top 100 rankings, like our guys, that play in a big boy conference and can score like crazy. I think you just have these unrealistic expectations about what these players were brought here to do. Being thrust into the starting role and asked to score points in bunches was not supposed to happen this year. I'll say it again, I do think they can play better, but the team is just having a hard time trying to rally together.

There are 351 NCAA basketball teams. According to this list we have the 16th youngest team including Spencer. This team is going to have lots of ups and downs especially on the road and will be much better as it gets more experience. After watching the 2nd half of the AZ game I can see them winning that game. Patience will be required.

http://statsheet.com/mcb/stattracker/experience/teams

Very small sample of freshman. For comparisions sake, I took the player rated one spot higher and one spot lower according to position ranks on Rivals.

Player%MinORtg%Poss%ShotseFG%TS%OR%DR%ARateTORateBlk%Stl%FC/40FD/40FTRateFTMFTAFT%2PM2PA2P%3PM3PA3P%
A10.488.519.112.257.157.2012.619.934.100.72.44.378.661154.5%81361.5%010.0%
B51.484.111.810.538.637.52.18.41520.81.62.33.41.721.131225.0%195137.3%2633.3%
C4588.918.420.145.146.14.110.510.221.80.62.55.13.133.3173450.0%285947.5%124327.9%

So who is who?

Ouch they are all pretty bad tini.
Pretty much the point. Jaron is just being asked to do too much for how raw he is, and he's not the only player who is ranked in the same area that is struggling. Only thing is though as far as I know, and from what I can tell from the box scores, Jaron is being relied on much more.

Pretty much the point. Jaron is just being asked to do too much for how raw he is, and he's not the only player who is ranked in the same area that is struggling. Only thing is though as far as I know, and from what I can tell from the box scores, Jaron is being relied on much more.

Yup if we had 2 seniors, Booker, Scott and Hopkins in our starting 5 things would be so different. The big question is what do we see from our freshman next year.

And for those of you expecting Dom to come in and play like Spencer did this year just stop. You will be disappointed again.

who are these freshman around the country that are scoring at will. I want to see all these freshman, outside the top 100 rankings, like our guys, that play in a big boy conference and can score like crazy. I think you just have these unrealistic expectations about what these players were brought here to do. Being thrust into the starting role and asked to score points in bunches was not supposed to happen this year. I'll say it again, I do think they can play better, but the team is just having a hard time trying to rally together.

****. How many times do I need to say this? I don't think JHop or Wes or Thomas or any freshman should be expected to "score at will" or "score in bunches". Is it too much to expect just mediocre or maybe below average offensive play? But our guys are offensive liabilities. As someone stated before, Wes was recruited as a defensive stopper. OK, I get it, Tad Ball. Fine. But if you're going to have 20% of your team on the floor be completely unexpected to contribute offensively then you need a pure scorer somewhere else to pick up that slack.

Back