What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

*****OFFICIAL GAME THREAD***** CU vs. Alabama

It was an ugly play but I'm not sure how much better they realistically could have gotten. I can't think of too many (any off-hand) buzzer beaters where a designed out of bounds set got to the rim. You have to design the play knowing that any contact probably wont get called. Also I'd rather Burks at least get an attempt instead of rushing the play and dribbling off his foot or something. Wasn't pretty but we shouldn't have needed a desperation buzzer beater to win :/

It was an ugly play but I'm not sure how much better they realistically could have gotten. I can't think of too many (any off-hand) buzzer beaters where a designed out of bounds set got to the rim. You have to design the play knowing that any contact probably wont get called. Also I'd rather Burks at least get an attempt instead of rushing the play and dribbling off his foot or something. Wasn't pretty but we shouldn't have needed a desperation buzzer beater to win :/

Tad didint have to call a timeout.

I just wish we would have set up a drive and dish play at the least. Have alec or cory drive to the basket and have the defense crash in on them and dish it to the other one cutting baseline.

Seemed like Alec and/or Tad was more concerned with running the clock down then with actually getting a good look.

Seemed like Alec and/or Tad was more concerned with running the clock down then with actually getting a good look.

That doesn't make sense at all. If you are looking for a good look, just drive to basket when the court is spread, instead of calling a timeout and letting them to set up defense

I had a really good feeling about not calling a timeout, was kinda bummed that we called one

That doesn't make sense at all. If you are looking for a good look, just drive to basket when the court is spread, instead of calling a timeout and letting them to set up defense

I agree. What they should have done was call a timeout after Higgins gave them that gift layup. That way you can set up a play but have more room and time to operate. Im just saying that Alec gets the ball in his hand and dribbles away 4 or 5 seconds before he starts moving towards the basket.

Back