What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official Game Thread: CU vs Harvard, 230 PM

Three clutch daggers plus a solid effort from the line down the stretch. And, nice defensive boards through the last 5. Very nice win. You could see Tad trying to supress a big toothy smile in the closing shots on him. That was a happy man with 5 sec to play. Go Buffs.

Talton frustrated me again. He plays lazy defense and is very hesitant on wide open 3s. What is Tad seeing that I am not?

Three clutch daggers plus a solid effort from the line down the stretch. And, nice defensive boards through the last 5. Very nice win. You could see Tad trying to supress a big toothy smile in the closing shots on him. That was a happy man with 5 sec to play. Go Buffs.
It was a big change from the double face palm he was doing about halfway through the 2nd half.

Talton frustrated me again. He plays lazy defense and is very hesitant on wide open 3s. What is Tad seeing that I am not?

9 points on only 5 shots to go with 5 rebounds and 2 assists. Got to fix the 3 TOs, but Tad is seeing a pretty dependable guard off the bench who plays a lot more like a veteran than the younger guys.

Gotta play 'em as much as possible, but Tad sat 'em when he needed to.

So much of this win is on Tad.

He saw early on the softness. He layed into the Buffs after CUSB. His post-game comments were honest and precise. It's not about rising to an occasion, but falling back on your preparedness, he said. He blasted the team for ignoring the scouting report. He was able to relate that lesson to the Program run by the Navy Seals before the season.

In the second half, it was a different team. Great half time adjustments! The best, most experienced players got minutes. Harvard shots were being contested. Hands came up. The tempo sped up. Dinwiddie, XJ, and Ski were playing with urgency. Josh was cleaning up both boards. The player rotation put the right offensive and defensive players on the court giving CU the opportunity to grab victory from the jaws of defeat. The freshman were benched and given the opportunity to watch and learn.

The standard set by the more experienced players was an example of Tad ball. The energy of Ski, XJ and Spencer lifted the energy level of the keg. The CEC wasn't a tough place to play in the first 20 minutes, but it was loud and formidable in the second period. This was a manifestation of Tad Boyle's personality.

If the freshmen catch on, and the veterans come out of the locker room on the opening tip off with this kind of energy, then there might be an unforgettable night against KU.

Last edited by a moderator:
The second half was one of the most fun to watch while the 1st was one of the most frustrating. Ski was tough in the at second half and his intensity was a momentum changer. He came off in one of the timeouts shouting and getting in the faces of team mates and it was extremely well timed and effective. He is a leader on this team.

Scott and Gordon were animals in the second half. All over the boards and making the shooters adjust shots. Mayor is seeing the floor so well and getting the ball into the right hands at the right time. He is really playing at a very high level right now.

9 points on only 5 shots to go with 5 rebounds and 2 assists. Got to fix the 3 TOs, but Tad is seeing a pretty dependable guard off the bench who plays a lot more like a veteran than the younger guys.

I guess that makes me even more frustrated. He needs to let wide open 3s fly more.

So much of this win is on Tad.

He saw early on the softness. He layed into the Buffs after CUSB. His post-game comments were honest and precise. It's not about rising to an occasion, but falling back on your preparedness, he said. He blasted the team for ignoring the scouting report. He was able to relate that lesson to the Program run by the Navy Seals before the season.

In the second half, it was a different team. Great half time adjustments! The best, most experienced players got minutes. Harvard shots were being contested. Hands came up. The tempo sped up. Dinwiddie, XJ, and Ski were playing with urgency. Josh was cleaning up both boards. The player rotation put the right offensive and defensive players on the court giving CU the opportunity to grab victory from the jaws of defeat. The freshman were benched and given the opportunity to watch and learn.

The standard set by the more experienced players was an example of Tad ball. The energy of Ski, XJ and Spencer lifted the energy level of the keg. The CEC wasn't a tough place to play in the first 40 minutes, but it was loud and formidable in the second period. This was a manifestation of Tad Boyle's personality.

If the freshmen catch on, and the veterans come out of the locker room on the opening tip off with this kind of energy, then there might be an unforgettable night against KU.

Damn those 40 minute halves.

As long as we play hard for all 3 halves, I don't care how long they are.

1st half (20 min) + halftime (20 min) = 40 minutes.
2nd half (20 min)

ha! 40 minutes before the second half. Suck it butt scud!

I guess that makes me even more frustrated. He needs to let wide open 3s fly more.

Yeah ... he should be more like Ski. Then he could miss three out of four of his wide-open 3's.

Surprised nobody has really mentioned Wesley's impact. The stats dont show how big of a beast he was on defense. I think i remember seeing maybe 1 or 2 baskets scored on him down in the box. Beast.

Surprised nobody has really mentioned Wesley's impact. The stats dont show how big of a beast he was on defense. I think i remember seeing maybe 1 or 2 baskets scored on him down in the box. Beast.

Any time your 2 bigs each finish with 11 rebounds, they're doing work. Wes had some struggles, but he finished damn strong. He was contesting everything and clearing the glass in the 2nd half.

I just hope the team learned it starts with defense. You may have an off night on offense shooting the ball but you never have an off night on defense if you are prepared and give it your full effort.

8yjymuhy.jpg

Very true...unless you're a hot female teacher

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Gordon was effective on defense, but I'm starting to think he should never be allowed to have the ball in his hands on the offensive side of the court.

Statistically, true freshman Tre'Shaun Fletcher didn't have his best game for the Buffs, but he certainly looked comfortable on the floor.Fletcher finished with four points and a rebound in a season-high 16 minutes of action, while playing well on defense.
"I think this was more comfortable because I was just going out and playing," he said. "Usually I think too much. I just went out and played today."
After a slow start to the season, Fletcher has 20 points in 36 minutes over the past three games. He has made 11 of his 18 field goals (61.1 percent) this season.

The bold is where we need all of our freshman to be. I am hoping the way that they dominated the second half by playing intense defense flips the switch for them. Defense wins games. They were shooting 20 something percent in the 2nd half. That will win you a lot of games. Perimeter D held them to 1 3 pointer in the 2nd half. Maybe this was the game Tad needed to get them to buy into the defensive philosophy we have come to expect in Boulder. I sure hope so, those stops get the crowd hyped.

Ski could be such a great point guard...I would love him to take under 10 shots a game, replace those extra 5 shots he took today with 5 assists (in a perfect world).

In a perfect world, I agree with this 100%. However, for some reason, a lot of the players on this damn team are too tentative to shoot. Don't get me wrong, a few of Ski's shots last night shaved years off of my life, but the fact was that he was the only one even trying to make something happen at certain points. We needed him out there jacking them up. I just wish he'd jack them up in slightly more efficient spots. That was a return to the Baylor game.

Back