What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

*****OFFICIAL GAME THREAD***** CU vs. Texas A&M

And this is why the CEC is always empty over dumb **** like this! You have to win these games!!

Because that would be stupid. It stops the clock. So they make the first and rebound the second for an easier two than hitting a three

Yeah so dumb to foul. IF they make the first shot and IF they miss the second shot and IF they make a shot to tie the game. Too many IFS. Foul them.

Burks is great but he throws away late possessions again and again similar to Tomlinson last year. CU played one of its worst games tonight and still had a chance but untimely turnovers and inability to rebound lost it for them.

As badly as we need a big man I am not so sure we don't need a PG just as bad. It sucks how much they dribble into the middle of 3-4 defenders with nowhere to go only to throw up a bad shot or turn it over.

A big is more important...we show any semblance of rebounding in this game and we win by at least 8-10 points easily by denying them second chances....

Can someone explain why we didn't FOUL when we were winning by THREE (3) with 10 seconds left in regulation???

You can go either way there. I prefer to play defense. Odds of hitting a 3 are well under 50% to begin with. Odds of hitting a 3 when you've got 10 seconds to move it up court and make it happen with the other team only guarding the perimeter, odds go way down from there. Probably going to win 80% of the time or more in that spot by not fouling and your worst case is overtime. You foul and your odds don't improve but you put the possibility of a regulation loss on the table.

In hindsight, I wish we'd fouled. That moment when they went to call a timeout would have been perfect. I like the foul with 4 seconds left.

Yeah so dumb to foul. IF they make the first shot and IF they miss the second shot and IF they make a shot to tie the game. Too many IFS. Foul them.

I know you are all butt hurt right now but use some brains for once. Have u ever seen it happen. It stops the clock. Even if they miss they just foul us and no time off the clock.

In hindsight, I wish we'd fouled. That moment when they went to call a timeout would have been perfect. I like the foul with 4 seconds left.

There's something to be said for the foul idea. But, TBH, if somebody had told me they'd be taking a 3 from the logo (that's what, 30+ feet out??) I probably would have taken my chances...

turgeon called a nice play for Holmes out of the TO. that we defended it so badly is another issue.

Boyle hasn't shown a lot at the end of games. the guy gets a free pass on everything (woohoo since Bzdelik and Tad we are awesome in 9th place or last in the conference) and i like him as our coach.....but, let's call it as it is.

as i said in chat, we stopped scoring by running plays with about 6 minutes left. ATM was running plays and scoring inside. bad combo for OT.

I know you are all butt hurt right now but use some brains for once. Have u ever seen it happen. It stops the clock. Even if they miss they just foul us and no time off the clock.

You're a ****ing idiot. Butt hurt? No pissed because cu pissed this game away. Yes, I've seen teams foul before. Your brains and boyles has cu with another loss genius.

My butt has hurt in the past, but not from watching basketball or partaking in NU gay frivolity.... No, I have an issue with nachos and jalapenos...that is some serious hurt...

What is the team free throw percentage for a&m and what is the percentage of the guy you wanted to foul. Was it worse than the three point percentage

Hind site is great. As for me, At first I thought we should let 'em cross the mid court line then foul. Then I thought we should play tought defense and let 'em try a three. Then, after they called time out, I felt we should foul. But our defensive setup on the inbound was awful. Higgins got taken out by a flagrant moving screen and no one else was out beyond the three point line on defense. Heart breaking and I'd bet not one of us on this board is more heart broken than the kids on the team and the coaching staff.

A big is more important...we show any semblance of rebounding in this game and we win by at least 8-10 points easily by denying them second chances....
A big would help tremendously but a lot of what I saw tonight was guys not boxing out/not hustling. A lot of the second chance attempts by aTm came on 50/50 balls that they only won because they went after them. Nathan Walkup is only 6'7 and he was in on practically every offensive board they had. Granted a 6'9", 250 lb guy probably pushes him out of the way but CU has been getting beat inside because guys are getting outhustled and not looking to box out.

What is the team free throw percentage for a&m and what is the percentage of the guy you wanted to foul. Was it worse than the three point percentage

You win, they shouldn't have fouled and didn't and lost in OT due to a miracle three at the end of regulation.

Foul them for god's sake....kept yelling that @ the bar and looky, dude drains the 3....have seen a guy drain the 3 @ the end of a game many times but maybe 1 or 2 total times has someone come up with 3 points by fouling in that situation

Last edited:
aTm - Down 3. 10 seconds left in regulation. Had to go length of the court. 1 TO left.
CU - Down 3. 8 seconds left in OT. Had to go length of the court. 0 TO left.

Neither coach fouled. aTm got a 3 pointer from 30+ feet. CU got a 3 pointer right at the arc. Their guy made the shot. Our guy didn't. Ballgame.

interesting study on the very subject

Of course .... since it's from HAHHVARD ... you might want to take it with more than a grain of salt. :rolling_eyes:

But I still think we should have fouled. :bang:

Nice find, L Buff. Like I said in my earlier post, you can go either way on that call and I favor playing defense because I thought the odds are a little better. I was right. It's a small margin, but it does seem your odds of winning are 3% better if you play defense.

Point is, that isn't the thing to be upset about. The thing to get upset about is that other than the miracle 7 point possession, we got absolutely owned on both ends plus the glass for at least the last 5 minutes plus overtime. Texas A&M wanted it more. We're simply not tough enough. Finesse team. That's what Bzdelik recruited and it's what we have this year. Next year it starts to change and maybe we'll be better than this year's NIT team despite having less top line talent.

...I'm work traveling so I can't watch **** for sports...but if this is true (which it is...), that's absolutely retarded. I have never understood why coaches defend NOT fouling when up by three and a few seconds left. If ever the clock reaches 5 seconds, I foul. With ten seconds left, your players need to be prepared to foul. The arguments for NOT fouling don't make any sense to me. I read an article where many top coaches (who know a lot more about bball than most of us) defended just playing it straight up (there were many other coaches preaching to foul in the same article). Their reasoning is that players shoot 40% or so from 3 point line and then mid 70s at the strike. ?!?!?! SO?!?!? One shot ties the game and the other you're still winning. What are the chances of missing the second shot and getting a rebound and then shooting a game winner? Much less than a three.

...this is a game that I thought we would just win...I think we're better than they are. Turgeon though is a great coach. I'm speaking out of hand here, because I didn't see the game - but if the Buffs keep playing like this ****, NIT is not even in the future.

Lol good article we would have lost either way from that pathetic effort. How many assists did we have. Six or seven

...I'm work traveling so I can't watch **** for sports...but if this is true (which it is...), that's absolutely retarded. I have never understood why coaches defend NOT fouling when up by three and a few seconds left. If ever the clock reaches 5 seconds, I foul. With ten seconds left, your players need to be prepared to foul. The arguments for NOT fouling don't make any sense to me. I read an article where many top coaches (who know a lot more about bball than most of us) defended just playing it straight up (there were many other coaches preaching to foul in the same article). Their reasoning is that players shoot 40% or so from 3 point line and then mid 70s at the strike. ?!?!?! SO?!?!? One shot ties the game and the other you're still winning. What are the chances of missing the second shot and getting a rebound and then shooting a game winner? Much less than a three.

...this is a game that I thought we would just win...I think we're better than they are. Turgeon though is a great coach. I'm speaking out of hand here, because I didn't see the game - but if the Buffs keep playing like this ****, NIT is not even in the future.
You should have read the article before you posted

We're simply not tough enough. Finesse team. That's what Bzdelik recruited and it's what we have this year. Next year it starts to change and maybe we'll be better than this year's NIT team despite having less top line talent.

I fully agree. As I said long time ago, this is a NIT team. I don't care what's the hype before the season but they ARE NIT team. They are just not good enough to get deal done.

I don't think we will be big step back even if we lost the top 4 guys. Alec has NBA talent, true, but he still needs to learn how to control the game. Other than him I don't see any big loss. I expect Tad to put up a better team in near future, lack of experience may hurt us in next year though.

Nice find, L Buff. Like I said in my earlier post, you can go either way on that call and I favor playing defense because I thought the odds are a little better. I was right. It's a small margin, but it does seem your odds of winning are 3% better if you play defense.

Point is, that isn't the thing to be upset about. The thing to get upset about is that other than the miracle 7 point possession, we got absolutely owned on both ends plus the glass for at least the last 5 minutes plus overtime. Texas A&M wanted it more. We're simply not tough enough. Finesse team. That's what Bzdelik recruited and it's what we have this year. Next year it starts to change and maybe we'll be better than this year's NIT team despite having less top line talent.

If they make the NIT. Next year's team will lose higgins,knutson,relphorde and most likely burks. No quality big men and still looking for a PG. I think it will be a rough year next year.

Tad said after the game that he called for a foul if they put the ball on the floor, but they didnt it was a catch and shoot, if you foul him thats 3 free throws.

Welp...Another Disappointing Season for another one of our Buff Squads....starting to get old and very tired of looking to next year in the middle of the season, unless by some miracle they get their **** together

Pissed one away at home. Just like they pissed one away on the road at Baylor.

Where was the benefit of playing at altitude? The Buffs can't shoot in the second half.

Back