What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official Game Thread: CU vs UC Santa Barbara, 6 PM & Preview

That was the tightest zone ive seen since I was 14. Needed to jack up a few more wide open 3s. Also the turnovers at the end were horrible

Tad is pissed. Watching his post game interview on cubuffs.

"Need to players in the locker room to let the new players new that our assistants know what the hell they are talking about when they put a scouting report together. We don't have that. So guess what, it is my job to make sure that happens. I am going to make sure that happens"

Boys are going to be running.

I heard Tad on KOA. He was saying that Rodney's scouting report was spot on, but the players didn't pay any attention to it except for Spencer's defense on Bryson. Apparently, Rodney had that guy off the bench who went 7/10 from 3pt range listed as a "shooter" on the scouting report and told the players they needed to be up on him when he catches outside so he doesn't get clean looks. Tad was pissed because the team ignored the scouting report and played him based on the eyeball test of being one of UCSB's tall guys. Apparently, there were numerous other examples of ignoring the scouting report, not playing with intensity, and winning on talent rather than playing Buff basketball.

I heard Tad on KOA. He was saying that Rodney's scouting report was spot on, but the players didn't pay any attention to it except for Spencer's defense on Bryson. Apparently, Rodney had that guy off the bench who went 7/10 from 3pt range listed as a "shooter" on the scouting report and told the players they needed to be up on him when he catches outside so he doesn't get clean looks. Tad was pissed because the team ignored the scouting report and played him based on the eyeball test of being one of UCSB's tall guys. Apparently, there were numerous other examples of ignoring the scouting report, not playing with intensity, and winning on talent rather than playing Buff basketball.

Spencer called out the team too. Said he was unhappy with their mentality and their focus coming into this game. Maybe this harvard game is a "sit" game. Similar to what Tad did to get Alec and Cory's attention his first year. Sitting them because they were ignoring what he wanted out of them in practice.

A lot of doom on this thread. Fact remains that we are 5-1. We beat Wyoming, something Tad has never done. We haven't gone into triple overtime to beat any of these ham and eggers, either. UCSB beat UNLV handily in Las Vegas. They aren't a bad team.
There are areas that need to be improved, but overall, I'm not upset.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A lot of doom on this thread. Fact remains that we are 5-1. We beat Wyoming, something Tad has never done. We haven't gone into triple overtime to beat any of these ham and eggers, either. UCSB beat UNLV handily in Las Vegas. They aren't a bad team.

Winning makes games like this easier to swallow. They looked bad. If the issue is ignoring scouting reports, that is an ego thing. I hope that they see how upset the vets were last night and step up. This team has such high potential, they need to start playing like it. They cannot look at it as they have arrived at anything yet.

I can see why Tad's upset. I'm sure he knows what this team's ceiling looks like, and we haven't come close to it yet.

I can see why Tad's upset. I'm sure he knows what this team's ceiling looks like, and we haven't come close to it yet.

If the team is ignoring coaches and scouting reports than that is definitely reason to be pissed. I am guessing this morning's practice was rough.

Tad said something along the lines of, "Harvard is a Top 25 level team. We're not close to that right now."

That about sums up where he is. Last week we had his quote about the high ceiling of this team, but that it's playing in the basement.

Tad is a good coach and I'm sure he will have the players buying in soon enough. Perfect timing to send a message right before the Harvard game and the difficult part of your ooc schedule. Win all of the games you guys should and split the KU/OSU games and you are golden.

Well, I know I don't know what I'm talking about, but I was sitting with 2 guys who've coached state championship teams and they agreed. Talton is tentative to shoot the open 3 early in the shot clock, but he is looking to make a pass, involve his teammates, and play D. TB does not want quick 3 point heaves. Watch Tad's face on those quick Ski shots.

For the record, one of the above coaches attended one of the scrimmages where I later posted that George King would get PT for his hustle and defense. Was laughed at on that one too. George finished the game tonight on the floor and nobody is laughing at that one now.... Impossible!

Ah yes the same experts who told you about King getting burn for his defense, and be the surprise freshman of the class.

Only his defense isnt particularly good, he's 4th of the 4 freshmen off the bench, 10th of the 10 guys in rotation in minutes, in only 2 games arkansas and UT-martin has he not finished last in minutes played by a scholarship athlete (not named Stalzer).

His stat line last night was 7 minutes, 2 points 1 board and 2 turnovers.

Again - Nobody has been effective against the zone defense the last 4 years under Tad, this isn't a Hopkins thing. It's a ball movement, spacing and making the zone collapse thing. Not a Hopkins thing.

The guys that were on the floor at the end of the game were out there because we fouled out all of their big guys. So the match-ups of Wes, Scott and Dustin no longer made sense when they didn't have anybody over 6-7 on the floor and they were trying to jack up 3's to catch up.

The team's offensive effectiveness against the zone has been poor for a long time. I never blamed Hopkins for that. He is just uncomfortable against the zone on the offensive end. He is the 1 freshman who has shown he has no outside shot. His form and rotation is awful. I know he's made a few, but that shot won't get it done. I don't think he has been at all effective vs. zone.

I think you solidified my point as to why we had that group on the floor at the end. Perhaps you didn't read where I said that they were all about 6'6" to 6'7" and trying to stop the 3 launches? That was my point.

I'm not going to get into a spat about Booker. Our perimeter guys were eaten up last night and Dinwiddie saved our bacon (per Tad Boyle). Booker and XJ are going to have to give us more because the new guys are still raw. Which is why I warned about the kool-aid in the preseason. Everyone talked about a big step up from those two guys this year and I've yet to see it. Just an opinion here.

Harvard will be the barometer.

Bunch of entitled, should I say Duke-like, whining in this thread. Start whining if they start losing.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

They played crappy and lethargic. They got the win. Most important thing. This team has the potential to get a lot better, I'm hoping they take those steps. They are definitely not a good defensive team right now, and I don't need to rehash the struggles against the zone.

On another note, PATHETIC showing by the students yesterday.

The team's offensive effectiveness against the zone has been poor for a long time. I never blamed Hopkins for that. He is just uncomfortable against the zone on the offensive end. He is the 1 freshman who has shown he has no outside shot. His form and rotation is awful. I know he's made a few, but that shot won't get it done. I don't think he has been at all effective vs. zone.

I think you solidified my point as to why we had that group on the floor at the end. Perhaps you didn't read where I said that they were all about 6'6" to 6'7" and trying to stop the 3 launches? That was my point.

I'm not going to get into a spat about Booker. Our perimeter guys were eaten up last night and Dinwiddie saved our bacon (per Tad Boyle). Booker and XJ are going to have to give us more because the new guys are still raw. Which is why I warned about the kool-aid in the preseason. Everyone talked about a big step up from those two guys this year and I've yet to see it. Just an opinion here.

Harvard will be the barometer.

There are more things to breaking down the zone than the 3 point shot. Hopkins is one of two guys that consistently attacks the zone off of the dribble. The other being Booker.

Gotta say, I'm thinking that if the Baylor game would have been the third game of the year instead of the first, we wouldn't nearly have as much Ski bitching as we do. And I'll also admit that I'm as guilty of it as everyone else. Looking over JG's shot charts - if you take out the Baylor game, 95% of Ski's shots have been where we wanted them. They're either in the paint or 3's. Last night I thought was one of his best games in a LONG time. He drove, he was patient, he kept things moving and he was even busting his ass on D. The problem is that the Baylor game fit in perfectly with the narrative of "Ski is out of control and needs to be reigned in". Since then, he's been exactly what Tad wants (and the team needs). Not sure how anyone could be upset with him the last few games.

I got upset at him last night after he gave up a uncontested 3 because of lazy defense then proceeded to turn it over but otherwise I thought he played a damn good game and is much improved since the Baylor game.

On another note, PATHETIC showing by the students yesterday.

Is that really surprising-night before fall break, bad weather, had to go through the debacle at the arena the night before. You also failed to mention that the "old person" attendance was equally pathetic, must have been a really good episode of CSI on TV or something like that!

Is that really surprising-night before fall break, bad weather, had to go through the debacle at the arena the night before. You also failed to mention that the "old person" attendance was equally pathetic, must have been a really good episode of CSI on TV or something like that!

Lol the "old alumni" attendance has been bad all season too. Half the court-side seats were empty last night

How many of those 'old persons' live on or next to campus?

Lol the "old alumni" attendance has been bad all season too. Half the court-side seats were empty last night

On TV, the seats behind the bench stood out because they were often in view. Lots of empties from the spendy old folks who couldn't make it on a week night.

It should be like the academy awards where CU brings in seat fillers to occupy the empties down low after 15 minutes, with an understanding that legit ticket holders can have the seats if they ever bother to show up with a ticket stub.

The sound of the band and the heckling from the student section when UCSB was shooting FTs was heard loud and clear throughout the game. C-unit even got called out for the Oprah fat head.

Anyone else think a veteran transfer player would help this team right now? But oh noes the great Tad must not be questioned, even though he himself, as the person who puts together the roster, has lamented the amount of youth on the team the past couple of years. BTW he was pissed during his post-game press conference, recommend watching.

How many of those 'old persons' live on or next to campus?

I am one of those ****ty old people who didn't go yesterday.

Work crapped on me and I couldnt leave work at 4 to deal with my stuff and get to Coors for the game given the elongated drive. Instead I worked untill 5.30 got home at 6 then worked from 7 until midnight. Some times the real world forces you to run spread-sheets rather than go to games. But hey i could have blown that off pushed 3500 payments until monday - gotten reprimanded at work, and just maybe made a habit of that. After a couple of seasons I'd probably be relieved of my job then i couldnt afford to drop $1200 a year on basketball seats so my seats would go to a non-****ty fan who would actually go.

It should be like the academy awards where CU brings in seat fillers to occupy the empties down low after 15 minutes, with an understanding that legit ticket holders can have the seats if they ever bother to show up with a ticket stub.

I support this idea.

I've kicked student athletes out of my seat when they were seat-filling before, no issues with it at all.

Well no issues other than Shane Dillon acting surprised i wasn't just going to take another seat.

i am one of those ****ty old people who didn't go yesterday.

Work crapped on me and i couldnt leave work at 4 to deal with my stuff and get to coors for the game given the elongated drive. Instead i worked untill 5.30 got home at 6 then worked from 7 until midnight. Some times the real world forces you to run spread-sheets rather than go to games. But hey i could have blown that off pushed 3500 payments until monday - gotten reprimanded at work, and just maybe made a habit of that. After a couple of seasons i'd probably be relieved of my job then i couldnt afford to drop $1200 a year on basketball seats so my seats would go to a non-****ty fan who would actually go.

-----> you!

Back