What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official Game Thread: MBB at CSU

Too pissed to really rage. We didn't deserve to win. I will leave it at that, but I could ****ing rant on almost everything about that game.

-- I'm a Guy On A Buffalo --

Taddy needs to retool every FT technique and fix it. Don't care how uncomfortable it is... learn it right and deal with it. At this point, how much worse can it get?

I think it is safe to say that Roberson isn't leaving early. One day I will get to root for a team that overachieves instead of the opposite.

That was, without a doubt, the worst effort I have seen from the BasketBuffs in years. Years.

Watching it in person, the only thing that impressed me about CSU was their free throw defense.

That was, without a doubt, the worst effort I have seen from the BasketBuffs in years. Years.

Come on...seems like an overstatement....we have had many ****** games in recent years....

Taddy needs to retool every FT technique and fix it. Don't care how uncomfortable it is... learn it right and deal with it. At this point, how much worse can it get?

I know I have no chance of proving this, but I guarantee I could get this team to shoot 75% from the FT line with just 1 hour per week of me actually coaching (they would have to practice on their own still) and I would do it for $100/week. Guaranshittingteed. If anyone has any connections, lemme know.

That was about the most horrible display of shooting I've ever seen.

Our defense and rebounding were actually good.

Notice how CSU called a timeout and forced the inbounds to Nate on the final possession? That pretty much says it all about what a liability he is.

I know I have no chance of proving this, but I guarantee I could get this team to shoot 75% from the FT line with just 1 hour per week of me actually coaching (they would have to practice on their own still) and I would do it for $100/week. Guaranshittingteed. If anyone has any connections, lemme know.

What is your technique? Hot pointed stick up the ass, I assume?

That was about the most horrible display of shooting I've ever seen.

Our defense and rebounding were actually good.

Notice how CSU called a timeout and forced the inbounds to Nate on the final possession? That pretty much says it all about what a liability he is.

How were they able to force him to lollygag up the court, refuse to look for a pass, and dribble around aimlessly until it was time to toss up a desperation 3?

How were they able to force him to lollygag up the court, refuse to look for a pass, and dribble around aimlessly until it was time to toss up a desperation 3?

I believe that defense is known in coaching circles as the "MAKE SURE NATE HAS THE BALL IN THE CLUTCH".

What is your technique? Hot pointed stick up the ass, I assume?

Ha, nah. And strangely, my technique that I would coach is not how I have ever shot my own free throws (which I was 88% on from 5th grade through senior year in high school). It is a technique that has really only become popular in the past 8 or so years, but has been used for decades.

Does anyone honestly think that CSU is better than Air Force?

Do they play a home/away schedule with each other this year? I bet they at least split, but I would not be surprised if CSU won both. I don't think either team is good, but I also thought we played as bad against AF as we did tonight.

Boyle should bring in the student section during freer throw practice. Some whistles and the loudspeaker. Just get these guys used to the Noise. Absolutely frustrating to be at the game and see all those misses.

How was the CU crowd to everyone, we were in section L and tried to make an insane amount of noise.

So, Nate was supposed to take it to the hole and, I assume, take it if it was there or pass it if csu collapsed and left someone open. Instead, he walks it up the court, wasting half the time we had left, then dribbled aimlessly until all he could do was :puke: a three.

Brutal loss. Sat in the student section area where everyone was standing and we were decently loud. Cant believe we gave up an easy shot after we got that steal and a lay up to go up 1. Would have been huge to have a TO there. I don't understand how we didn't draw anything up with them taking a timeout with 10 seconds left would have preferred someone like dinwiddie that had been getting to the rack all night getting the ball there.

Sounds like a tough loss due to inexperience and youth. Missed FT, poor end-game play-making, etc.

My heart hurts. 13-29 from the line and 35% from the field. How the **** were we even close?

The positive thing from this is that free throw shooting can be improved. Tough loss, but perhaps an important one to drive home the importance of making your free throws. I'd rather lose this game than a conference game in February.

**** CSU. I cannot ****ing stand kids at that ****ing place. God damn it. How the **** do we lose to them. Now somehow they think they are the greatest school in the world. ****KKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK

Back