What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official Game Thread: MBB at CSU

does anyone have an argument that anyone beside dinwiddie should have gotten that last shot? Maybe you can argue Booker.

does anyone have an argument that anyone beside dinwiddie should have gotten that last shot? Maybe you can argue Booker.

The argument could be made for just about everyone on the team other than Tomlinson. That shot was terrible. 10 seconds is plenty of time for a competent PG to get the ball inside the arc to someone who can make a higher % shot.

That play was all ****ed up. Nate just jogged down, Tad looked like he was going to have a heart attack yelling at him to hustle. Something went wrong.

Im just curious as to what Tad called there. It seemed to me like they cleared out for Nate...?

Got home from the game about twenty minutes ago. Still frustrated. The refs were awful, but they aren't why we lost. Make a damn free throw.
Storming the court was amusing though, they even lifted one of their players up. That arena is weird too, the concourse doesn't go all the way around.

Frustrating loss, but had to expect a few of these this season.

Between Tomlinson and SH(I)T, I'd be fine if we never sign another Aussie player.

FT shooting was horrible. as i've said all along, this is a team that will struggle shooting the rock some nights. 13-29 from the stripe is horrible. ain't gonna win games like that.

FT shooting was horrible. as i've said all along, this is a team that will struggle shooting the rock some nights. 13-29 from the stripe is horrible. ain't gonna win games like that.
Im pretty sure I could make 13-29 doing backwards granny shots. Unbelievable.

If you watch a replay of the last possession Roberson makes a beautiful cut with about 3 seconds and if Nate was paying attention he would have hit him for a lay up. If we were to go isolation I would have much rather had us go to Dinwiddie or Carlon. Yes, the refs were awful, but honestly none of the matters if we make free throws.

For those of you watching it on tv, what can you tell me about the calls on basket interference.

Was the ball on its way down on Dre's blocked shot in the 1st half they called a goaltend?

Did Dre tip the ball when it was in the cylinder on his putback?

Did that CSU guy get away with one that wasn't called when he swatted the ball away as it was coming over the front rim after hitting the backboard?

A lot of stuff seemed questionable and inconsistent while at the game, but it's hard to tell from the stands sometimes. There also seemed to be some bad calls on possession arrows and the foul on Spencer when we were pressing looked like he ran through the guy without touching him and it should have been a travel. Also, when Shane turned the ball over in our end it looked like the CSU caused it by rolling over on his leg and it should have been a foul.

Just curious. If we had shot worth a **** the calls wouldn't have mattered. Either way, the loss is on us.

Dre had 1 point... 1 ****ING POINT!! We cannot win games when our "star" player cant get anything going at all on the offensive side of things. We are not mature enough or talented enough atm to overcome play like that from Dre.

Boyle should know better than to let Nate anywhere near the ball at the end of games. The guy makes ****ting the bed an art form. Huge coaching mistake on Boyle's part. Would rather have Preston Slaughter suit back up and take the last shot.

I would joke around and say it looks like Patton is teaching these guys how to shoot free throws. Problem is I don't remember any of Patton's teams being this bad at the line. :huh:

My observations from the game were that this was one of the most SELFISH offensive basketball performances in recent memory. Everyone seemed to be out for themselves. Couldn't feed the post very well, couldn't shoot a free throw to save our lives, didn't seem interested in guarding #10 (if Chen is a defensive stopper, I don't believe it), refs were bad, but they were bad both ways (until the 2nd half then CU got NO breaks), and I can't wait until I never have to watch Tomlinson play another game. I love Booker and Dinwiddie and they should take away all of his playing time.

I would joke around and say it looks like Patton is teaching these guys how to shoot free throws. Problem is I don't remember any of Patton's teams being this bad at the line. :huh:

Jayson Obzwee - Career 45% free throw shooter... http://statsheet.com/mcb/players/player/colorado/jayson-obazuaye

2003-2004 team only shot 62% http://statsheet.com/mcb/teams/colorado/team_stats?season=2003-2004

We could be looking at a new low... but the 2003-2004 team did go 18-11 with a NIT berth, I think if this team does that we would all be pretty happy, regardless of Free Throws, Just keep in mind what our expectations for this team were coming into the season

Boyle should know better than to let Nate anywhere near the ball at the end of games. The guy makes ****ting the bed an art form. Huge coaching mistake on Boyle's part. Would rather have Preston Slaughter suit back up and take the last shot.

Woah! A Scotch sighting! :thumbsup:

For those of you watching it on tv, what can you tell me about the calls on basket interference.

Was the ball on its way down on Dre's blocked shot in the 1st half they called a goaltend?

Did Dre tip the ball when it was in the cylinder on his putback?

Did that CSU guy get away with one that wasn't called when he swatted the ball away as it was coming over the front rim after hitting the backboard?

A lot of stuff seemed questionable and inconsistent while at the game, but it's hard to tell from the stands sometimes. There also seemed to be some bad calls on possession arrows and the foul on Spencer when we were pressing looked like he ran through the guy without touching him and it should have been a travel. Also, when Shane turned the ball over in our end it looked like the CSU caused it by rolling over on his leg and it should have been a foul.

Just curious. If we had shot worth a **** the calls wouldn't have mattered. Either way, the loss is on us.

Honestly, the officiating was pretty horrid both ways IMO. CSU got a few more "questionable" calls than we did, but we got a lot more calls overall, so I'm not sure we can complain too much. The first two you mentioned were the correct calls unfortunately. As for the third one, I'm pretty sure that they did get away with one there but can't remember for sure, so don't quote me on that.

Unfortunately, like everyone else has said already (including yourself), if we just make our ****ing free throws, this is all moot. Or some of the many layups we blew. Or had Nate pull his head out of his ass on the last possession. We lost this game, period.

After watching the replay of the end of the game, we shouldn't be blaming Nate. He always seems to be the favorite whipping boy. After we took the lead, on his steal and lay up, BTW, we got back on D. I'm not sure who our defender on our left side was, but he basically had a two on one against him. The dribbler picked up the dribble outside the arc. Green was at the baseline. When the rammie picked up the dribble, our defender left Green and ran at the guy with the ball, who would have had to take a three. Green was left alone, got the pass and an easy shot.

Nate was supposed to, according to Tad, go to the basket, presumably to either shoot or pass. But when he got to the arc, the lane was closed and there really wasn't anyone to pass to. He was kind of stuck. His only mistake, to me, was to be too slow to get the ball up the court. But you see that a lot. He is not one of those balls to the walls dribbler types.

So, what I'm saying is defense lost it. Not Nate. Our poor defense and csu's good defense.

After watching the replay of the end of the game, we shouldn't be blaming Nate. He always seems to be the favorite whipping boy. After we took the lead, on his steal and lay up, BTW, we got back on D. I'm not sure who our defender on our left side was, but he basically had a two on one against him. The dribbler picked up the dribble outside the arc. Green was at the baseline. When the rammie picked up the dribble, our defender left Green and ran at the guy with the ball, who would have had to take a three. Green was left alone, got the pass and an easy shot.

Nate was supposed to, according to Tad, go to the basket, presumably to either shoot or pass. But when he got to the arc, the lane was closed and there really wasn't anyone to pass to. He was kind of stuck. His only mistake, to me, was to be too slow to get the ball up the court. But you see that a lot. He is not one of those balls to the walls dribbler types.

So, what I'm saying is defense lost it. Not Nate. Our poor defense and csu's good defense.
It was a team loss.... including the coach. Putting nate in that situation is horrible coaching, cause by now everyone knows he is gonna jog the goddamn ball up the floor. THAT is what screwed up the play. By the time he got up there, there was no time to run a screen to get him in.

It was a team loss.... including the coach. Putting nate in that situation is horrible coaching, cause by now everyone knows he is gonna jog the goddamn ball up the floor. THAT is what screwed up the play. By the time he got up there, there was no time to run a screen to get him in.

Team loss for sure, but why is Nate so lazy with his passing? He seems to routinely either get the ball stolen or swatted away when passing. I mostly like Nate's play, but from the outside looking in it seems like he needs a little more passion or focus.

:stupid:

So I take it we aren't a basketball school yet?
Give it some time. I think it should be expected to take a step backwards this year with the loss of Higgins and Burks. I'm not as high on CU Hoops as others are here, but there certainly is reason to be optimistic.

My Observations:
SHT-He should never see the court ever again
Nate-Lost all my respect after jogging up the court
Roberson-At least we have him til he is a Sr? Completely 1 dimensional on offense. ZERO threat outside the paint
FT's-I will kill a kitten if I ever see that pathetic display again.

CSU fans-LOL at them rushing the court... how sad. And even CSU's QB Garrett Grayson/CSU football players were talking **** to me. Douchebags

My Observations:
SHT-He should never see the court ever again
Nate-Lost all my respect after jogging up the court
Roberson-At least we have him til he is a Sr? Completely 1 dimensional on offense. ZERO threat outside the paint
FT's-I will kill a kitten if I ever see that pathetic display again.

CSU fans-LOL at them rushing the court... how sad. And even CSU's QB Garrett Grayson/CSU football players were talking **** to me. Douchebags
I thought it was cute. Biggest win of the year for them.

Watching it in person, the only thing that impressed me about CSU was their free throw defense.
OMFG!!!! You hit the nail right on the head!!! They need to practice w/ full blown PA Systems going at the practice center and the coaches clapping right behind their heads!!!! Un-friggin-believable!!!!! Say anything you want, to the last minute, the poor this or the poor that....but for gods sake, just even hit 52% of the free throws last nite and we win by 1!!!!!!!! AAAARRRGGGGHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

OMFG!!!! You hit the nail right on the head!!! They need to practice w/ full blown PA Systems going at the practice center and the coaches clapping right behind their heads!!!! Un-friggin-believable!!!!! Say anything you want, to the last minute, the poor this or the poor that....but for gods sake, just even hit 52% of the free throws last nite and we win by 1!!!!!!!! AAAARRRGGGGHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

:cry: :wtf: :bang:

Statsheet posts a nice post game synopsis of games

• Colorado started 4-3 during the 2010, 2008, 2002, and 1997 seasons (since 1996).
  • CU beat the spread by 2.0 points. That makes the 4th time this season the Buffaloes have beat the spread.
  • Colorado has lost 75% of the time this season (1-3) after recording 13 or fewer free throws made.
  • CU set season lows for field goal percentage, assists, and field goals made.
  • The top two scorers (Spencer DinWiddie and Austin Dufault) accounted for 45.3% of the points.
  • The top two rebounders (Andre Roberson and Spencer DinWiddie) accounted for 45.4% of the rebounds.
  • Andre Roberson has led the team in rebounding in 6 out of 7 games this season.
  • Andre Roberson recorded the 18th double digit rebound game of his career.
  • Austin Dufault had a career high with a 100% three point percentage.

Back