What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official Game Thread: MBB vs Wichita State in the Puerto Rico Tipoff

What time does the game tip off?

Sorry, Greg. The information you seek was cleverly hidden as the opening text of the opening post in this thread.

GAME #2 vs. Wichita State Shockers (1-0)
Thurs., Nov. 17, 5:30 p.m. (MST); Coliseo de Puerto Rico (18,500)
Fifth Annual 5-hour ENERGY® Puerto Rico Tip-off (San Juan, Puerto Rico)
Television: ESPNU Announcers: Jon Sciambi, Hubert Davis
760 KKZN:Chris Lewis (p-b-p). Sirius Radio: 134
Series vs. Wichita State: WSU leads 5-3 (3-1 at Boulder, 0-4 at WSU), last played Dec. 8, 1971. WSU has won two-straight.

:smile2:

Throw some stats out:

Running the bill james log5 formula to predict the game using Ken Pomeroys pythagorean win %, WSU wins this game 74.8% of the time
Using the Sagarin ratings WSU favored by 4.83
Vegas line, opened WSU -9, now -10

Thorburn saying there could be a huge lineup shakeup due to players being late for meetings today.

Thorburn

Boyle wouldn't say how long the punishment lasts, but all the players are in uniform.

WTF? tini said Nate is in Boulder! What does this do to the, umm, point sp...I mean how will this effect the outcome?

early thoughts -

nate is looking for his shot when he is open, very good sign
brown looks good
sharpe looks out of control and playing too fast
dre forcing it on O

Seems like Wichita St. will live and die by the 3 ball. Maybe its just the way we are playing defense but I can live with that. We are playing better than I thought. Alota game left

Wichita st. is very good at penetrating and hitting the open man. This is a very good team we are playing

Seems like Wichita St. will live and die by the 3 ball. Maybe its just the way we are playing defense but I can live with that. We are playing better than I thought. Alota game left

Totally the D you guys are playing. I am impressed. I will be even more impressed if you guys can keep it up for 40 minutes.

Just in the last 3-4 possessions we've pushed low. That is our game. If we can keep it up, our game will open up more.

That's what I figured. I like your team alot. Seems like they have guys at all positions. Nothing amazing but everyone seems to know there role.

I love what I see right now.... not so much what is coming in the next few weeks, but more what will be coming in conference play and in the coming years. I'm no bball guy, but I can see the talent the young guys have. Once the scorers and finishers emerge, this team will be pretty good

WSU has some shooters, but I can't believe the game plan included launching this many. Buffs are doing a good job of keeping the Shox out of their inside/outside game. The Buffs game plan is well-scouted, well-planned, and well-executed.

On the WSU side, the 3's are falling, but it's hard to keep up that kind of shooting for an entire game. Stutz is half-a-step or a step slow compared to the Buffs post players.

Either WSU started getting a little more comfortable toward the end of the half or WSU's depth started weaaring the Buffs down. The Shox regularly play a lot of players and tend to be strongest in the last 5 minutes of each half.

Back