What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official Game Thread: Utah at Colorado

This was a huge loss, I think.

Hope I'm wrong, but this could be the kind of game that put us in a tailspin.

Pretty easy to imagine a scenario where we lose to Oregon, thus ruining our home court advantage. If we drop 3 or 4 at home we are not making the NCAA Tournament. Hope this team is ready to show some stones and go make up for this with a road win

this is redic. No one but scott and king scored for the first 17 minutes. Again at the end, they built up a lead (like v smu) and then just let it go.
This was a tough ****ing loss, and it's not like we got dominated by poetl either - he had 2 points. people said him & j40 would be a wash - they were not. Josh rocked him.

This is insane.

Tad needs to stop being afraid to call timeouts. Stop the momentum, take a breath, and call a decent out of bounds play.
Oh yeah, the inbounds play - now I understand why Tad never calls a timeout. Although it does seem better this year.

I think we need to stop the "this loss will cost us a trip to the Dance" stuff. There is a lot of season left. We are in a funk and we need to figure it out. Fortune has zero confidence right now.

I think we need to stop the "this loss will cost us a trip to the Dance" stuff. There is a lot of season left. We are in a funk and we need to figure it out. Fortune has zero confidence right now.

Don't think it's wrong to call this for what it is: a killer loss. Chance to bag a top 30 win, put ourselves 2 games up on a major competitor in the standings, and we blow it. Add in the way we lost and it hurts confidence. As a home loss, it's even more of a killer. Obviously we can make the Dance, but should we miss out this game will be the one we likely look at as a major reason why.

If we want to feel comfortable about Dancing we'd better sweep the Oregon schools and get ourselves a road win in Pullman.

Not In This

November in Tennessee

Noodles inside Tigers

Nothing Is Terrific

Nice Iceburg Titanic

UseYourTimeouts21, PlayKingFor30
Or, MaybeNextYear.

Seriously this was a very unFortuneate loss, I expected us to dominate at home and am sort of shocked, but I'll call it an aberration and expect better next time. Although a couple more of these at home would likely end post-season hopes.

Just be glad you aren't one of the thousand who made names like HawkLove07 circa 2006-2007
Can you change your name? I did just did my Identikey (the old timers won't know what that is lol) but want to change it now and can't find an option

Or, MaybeNextYear.

Seriously this was a very unFortuneate loss, I expected us to dominate at home and am sort of shocked, but I'll call it an aberration and expect better next time. Although a couple more of these at home would likely end post-season hopes.

I didn't feel great about this one going in, but when we've got a 7 point lead with under 4 minutes left I expect to finish, especially at home. Granted, given our history of last 4 minute turtling, I get an uneasy feeling every time we enter the last 4 not up by 15+. I also expect Fortune to not turn the ball over when we have a chance to win a game with 13 seconds left.

Tad can't keep that timeout in his pocket on that final offensive possession.

He's got King and J40 as the only players in double figures shooting 13/22 from the field. The rest of the team shooting 10/38. Neither J40 nor King touch the ball and they turn it over. That is inexcusable.

I'm as big of a Tad fan as there is, but that's just bad coaching.

Getting outscored 11-2 down the stretch at home is also inexcusable. This wasn't about a single possession. This was turtling in crunch time on both ends. Couldn't get a stop and couldn't make a basket except for King's pull-up in the lane.

I'm ripping pissed off after this one and trying to avoid posting too much. Gave the damn game away.

I didn't feel great about this one going in, but when we've got a 7 point lead with under 4 minutes left I expect to finish, especially at home. Granted, given our history of last 4 minute turtling, I get an uneasy feeling every time we enter the last 4 not up by 15+. I also expect Fortune to not turn the ball over when we have a chance to win a game with 13 seconds left.
SMU, Stanford, Utah - very significant collapses, needs immediate attention - but I don't recall this being a pattern last year as some have implied. Maybe I've deleted those from memory? Certainly there were similar football issues the last couple years.

Couldn't catch the game tonight but based on your guys' comments, seems like Tad's game day coaching once again is being called into question...which honestly is something we have been willing to tolerate too much over the years.

It's sad, because we perceive Tad to be a great recruiter for us. But he has numerous games a year where he gets outcoached resulting in a loss. There are definitely great things about him, but there are a lot of uncertainties surrounding his coaching abilities, in my opinion.

Utah guard play late was nails. Greater hustle. We are solid up front, and I sense the front court trying to do a bit much in triggering ball movement. We really need more from our back court to unleash team strengths.

Nice potential with this group, but we still are not firing on all cylinders. This loss makes the conference challenge that much greater.

Left me cranky driving home..... Grrrrr

Bonam was the key for them. Transfer from Gilette? College in Wyoming who went 1/7 against Cal. Owned the Buffs tonight.

SMU, Stanford, Utah - very significant collapses, needs immediate attention - but I don't recall this being a pattern last year as some have implied. Maybe I've deleted those from memory? Certainly there were similar football issues the last couple years.

Last year we sucked so bad that we often weren't up. However, you can go all the way back to the year we won the Pac12 and find examples of us turning leads into dicey affairs

Just back from movie, missed game. Saw our ladt 2 possessions were turnovers by fortune. Tough loss.

Utah guard play late was nails. Greater hustle. We are solid up front, and I sense the front court trying to do a bit much in triggering ball movement. We really need more from our back court to unleash team strengths.

Nice potential with this group, but we still are not firing on all cylinders. This loss makes the conference challenge that much greater.

Left me cranky driving home..... Grrrrr

In terms of gut punch home loss, this is right there with that ASU loss of 2(?) years ago. There was a loss to Texas A&M our last year in the Big XII that was like this as well

At this point, im not sure we will get a significant amount more than we already are, which will severely limit us in march.

When Utah hit that three to get within two points I started getting nervous. Then Fortune threw the ball away the first time and it just started feeling inevitable.

You can't just keep doing same old same old in the final minutes. Clear out and let King go one on one, or get Scott the ball somehow, or run a play designed to create a mismatch.. Once again Scott is getting doubled all damn night, the lane is wide open, and everyone else is just standing on the perimeter. He is doing a much better job of passing out of it, but for the Love of God help him out Tad.

Good crowd tonight.

Last edited:
Back