What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

*****official game thread*****

Funny ... I was at the CU-Kjsu game last year in Boulder and called it THE worst officiated college BB game I had ever witnessed in person .. the refs literally sucked the air out of what could have been a very good, competitve, and compelling game.

WTF is it with these CU-Kjsu games?

Damn ... I cannot wait for next year.

Glad you mentioned that game from last season, I had forgotten. It was very similar to tonight - refs called every possible foul they could. CU played a hell of a game but we barely had any players left at the end and lost a close one. Glad we could end the series with KSU the right way with an old fashioned Cabral-led whoopin' in football and a sweep in basketball!

Just scanned the stats on CUBUFFS.com. Interesting the Eckloff and Mills combined for 14 total minutes, 1 rebound, 3 fouls, and 2 blocks. Doesn't sound like much, but they contributed (and, yes, I realize foul trouble probably lead to their p/t). And Sharpe seems to have played okay, based on the stats and comments here.

Point is, maybe some of these bench players will get a few more minutes, which will give some weary legs a bit more rest.

Just scanned the stats on CUBUFFS.com. Interesting the Eckloff and Mills combined for 14 total minutes, 1 rebound, 3 fouls, and 2 blocks. Doesn't sound like much, but they contributed (and, yes, I realize foul trouble probably lead to their p/t). And Sharpe seems to have played okay, based on the stats and comments here.

Point is, maybe some of these bench players will get a few more minutes, which will give some weary legs a bit more rest.

Sharpe was very effective in taking it to the rack tonight. He clearly caught KSU off-guard on numerous occasions with this ability, and he capped one of his drives with an incredible slam. Sharpe really needs to improve his foul shooting, however. A point guard can't shoot barely over 50% from the line. Hopefully he can build off this very strong performance. How long is Tomlinson going to be out anyways?

The idea of giving some of the bench players more minutes is appealing as I do think fresh legs have been an issue for us. The problem is that while guys like Mills, Eckloff, Coney are very effective on defense, it gets ugly on the offensive side of things. That was entirely too evident tonight. Seemed hard to believe at some points that this was the same team that put up 89 on Mizzou in January and 95 on the Cyclowns just last week.

I loved seeing the refs give this game to us with the time-clock expiring! What a great win, and this proves what a great team this is. And a great season. And plenty of more easy wins to come.

I loved seeing the refs give this game to us with the time-clock expiring! What a great win, and this proves what a great team this is. And a great season. And plenty of more easy wins to come.

Sour grapes on the way back to Kansas eh?

Sour grapes on the way back to Kansas eh?

Had to check out the Kstate boards to go along with the morning coffee.

Scout - kstatefans.com
cowboyjer.
Posted: Yesterday*10:25*PM
Re: The unofficial Puffie Buffie Thread*
On the last view they showed, the clock ran .2 before he caught the ball.* We were jobbed by a quick trigger on the clock.

88wildcat
Posted: Today*8:50*AM
Re: Swept by an NIT Colorado basketball team.....*
It's a sad state of affairs when the entire Middle East is more rational and stable than this board.

Last edited by a moderator:
The view I saw, the clock started too late after McLucky caught the ball, at least on tv. Ugly but a win is a win. The refs were flat awful, no way of really getting around that. Where does the Big 12 find these guys, local ymca's or what? Had a question about one of the chants. Did I hear "take his whistle" being chanted?

The view I saw, the clock started too late after McLucky caught the ball, at least on tv. Ugly but a win is a win. The refs were flat awful, no way of really getting around that. Where does the Big 12 find these guys, local ymca's or what? Had a question about one of the chants. Did I hear "take his whistle" being chanted?

it was fun... there was also the let them play chant

Back