What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official Games Thread: Colorado vs UCLA

Surprised we managed to shoot 46%. Andre managed another double/double with 12pts 10rebs. Ski had a nice game with 13, Dinwiddie had 9, Dufault 8, Tomlinson 6 and Brown 6. Brown being off really killed us on offense. SHT had a nice first half, ended up with 5pts. Once again, FT's have proven to be an issue with the Buffs shooting 50% today. You just can't do that on the road. Need to cut the 14 turnovers down too.

What really jumps out is the assists: UCLA had 26. We had 11.

UCLA manged to shoot 60% overall, including 69% from 3. Ouch. This is a terrible matchup for us, even worse than I could have imagined. As nice as getting revenge on these guys would be, I'd be perfectly fine not seeing these guys in the Pac12 tournament. They exploited us in every sense of the word.

Wasn't refering to you as much as the "sky is falling" posters in here

I see people posting that the size disadvantage was the problem. CU's had this problem since harrison left.

Fans can't comment or be frustrated after the game anymore without posters like you bringing up the lame "sky is falling" retort.

It's one game, they'll win the next two at home.

Surprised we managed to shoot 46%. Andre managed another double/double with 12pts 10rebs. Ski had a nice game with 13, Dinwiddie had 9, Dufault 8, Tomlinson 6 and Brown 6. Brown being off really killed us on offense. SHT had a nice first half, ended up with 5pts. Once again, FT's have proven to be an issue with the Buffs shooting 50% today. You just can't do that on the road. Need to cut the 14 turnovers down too.

What really jumps out is the assists: UCLA had 26. We had 11.

UCLA manged to shoot 60% overall, including 69% from 3. Ouch. This is a terrible matchup for us, even worse than I could have imagined. As nice as getting revenge on these guys would be, I'd be perfectly fine not seeing these guys in the Pac12 tournament. They exploited us in every sense of the word.

The turnovers to assists ratio hasn't been too good most of the season.

Is anyone else noticing the shots that we are getting? UCLA had a very good series of screens and set plays that allowed a bunch of baseline jumpers.
I am sure that Carlon and the mayor could knock those down all day but we are settling for long two's (the worst shot on a basketball court) and failed attempts at attacking the basket. I want to see more wide open shots.

Taking a split on this roadie is an improvement, I'll still take it.

It's a start, but disappointing because this was arguably our best shot at a sweep this year. Doubt we get the sweep in Arizona, and it'll be tough in Oregon as well. We need to find a way to go 3-2 in these final 5 road games. ASU and Utah should certainly be wins, Oregon State is beatable, Oregon will be tough but not out of the question, and Arizona is probably the least likely.

Is anyone else noticing the shots that we are getting? UCLA had a very good series of screens and set plays that allowed a bunch of baseline jumpers.
I am sure that Carlon and the mayor could knock those down all day but we are settling for long two's (the worst shot on a basketball court) and failed attempts at attacking the basket. I want to see more wide open shots.

We also don't seem to run any sort of in-bounds plays. It bothered me last year, and it's the same thing this year.

We also don't seem to run any sort of in-bounds plays. It bothered me last year, and it's the same thing this year.
I second this. I wonder if none of the assistant coaches are x and o's type coaches. I don't expect any of them to be Greg Poppovich's or Doc Rivers but the ability to develop anything but offensive chaos has eluded us. Is it team execution or coaching failures?

Had to leave at halftime but watched the 2nd half when I got home - that was bad. UCLA's size really took over in the 2nd and it didn't help with Brown having a bad day. And you're rarely going to beat a team when they shoot 60% from 3 and 69% overall. However I am looking forward to see Smith suck wind when he goes to Boulder.

Honestly I saw this as a loss coming into it. Like Kansas, they have too much talent and too much size for us to overcome at their house. At altitude it would have been a little different. I hoped the momentum from beating USC would carry through and it did. Through the first half. I think we lose @Arizona, and a very close battle @Oregon. That puts us at 23-9. I think that automatically puts us in an NIT bid our attendance will play a big part here. If we win a couple in the Pac12 tourney, then its becomes interesting.

Playing in LA, with the match-up problems UCLA presents, the seniors needed to step up big to have a chance today. Unfortunately, Brown, Dufault and Tomlinson scored a combined 20 points on 7 of 17 shooting, with 11 turnovers. Hopefully, this is the worst performance we see from them the rest of the season.

The men's and women's teams need to find a few bucks in their budgets to bring in someone to improve free throw shooting. Pathetic!

"I feel really bad we didn't get Dinwiddie. That was a mistake on my part," Howland admitted after the game. "Just watching him, I'm kicking myself. You make mistakes sometimes in recruiting and that was a mistake."

Link

It is almost like Howland is trying to make sure that the UCLA AD Chianti Dan doesn't leave anything out when they fire him this off-season. "Not only are all of the transfers thriving at their new schools, I also passed on players in my own backyard!"

Back