What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official Hawai'i @ Colorado prediction thread

Hawaii can't possibly win. With altitude and low-oxygen levels, plus all the travel time and leg-cramps, Hawaii may not be able to field a team past the 10-minute mark. This is the easiest game for Coach Hawkins since Toledo.

And Hawkins never embarrasses CU fans at home.

Apparently you didnt attend the Mizzou game in 2007. 55-10

Or Texas in 2008

And we all know how that turned out:lol:

I believe it was SD who said Hawaii is staying in Las Vegas this week so I don't know if any of that will really be an impact.

buffalochuck be trolling

Finally it gets pointed out. Come on people. Read with sarcasm in mind.

I'm not trolling, but I have ZERO 'feel' about this game.

This should be a 30-40 point win by CU. Easily.

If it's a close game, then we're seeing Coach Hawk produce another example of his standard "coaching excellence", as Mike Bohn called it. Or it could be a Totally Quit Game where CU players lay down the first time they've shoved, and the blow-out shoes are on the other feet. So, of the four kinds of likely scores, 3 of them discredit CU Football - or rather, accurately credit Coach Hawkins' ability - a close win, a close loss or a blow-out loss - any of those three results ain't gonna be good.

Only a blow-out win is what this game should be. That's what this game was predicted when it was signed up.

Sadly, no matter the result - I don't think it will accurately reflect any tendency for the rest of the season.

I am surprised by some of the score predictions.

Where (i.e. how) is Colorado going to get all these points?

I watched Hawaii/USC and Hawaii's defense looked like a freakin mess. But I think CU will get some points in garbage time too. This game could be a comedy of errors. I predict an Aric FG going off the upright and hitting a Hawaiian in the nuts.

Hawaii can't possibly win. With altitude and low-oxygen levels, plus all the travel time and leg-cramps, Hawaii may not be able to field a team past the 10-minute mark. This is the easiest game for Coach Hawkins since Toledo.

And Hawkins never embarrasses CU fans at home.

Except Hawaii stayed in Vegas this week after playing Army on the east coast. So they have an hour and a half travel time, and after practicing in the heat, will have a nice cool (er) place to play in Folsom. Hawaii wins this.

I watched Hawaii/USC and Hawaii's defense looked like a freakin mess. But I think CU will get some points in garbage time too. This game could be a comedy of errors. I predict an Aric FG going off the upright and hitting a Hawaiian in the nuts.

Beatty? Or Sipili?

All I can picture is the Toledo game from last year (even though this is a home game)

Hawaii wins 54-38

I'm new to this site, but are you serious Rugged?

That guy has been a failure every place he's worked. He's not the guy we need looking for Dan's replacement.

I'm new to this site, but are you serious Rugged?

That guy has been a failure every place he's worked. He's not the guy we need looking for Dan's replacement.

Are you serious? I agree, he has made some horrible hires here, but do you know how many amazing things he has done as AD?

In all honesty, I only care about the football program.

That sounds horrible, but it's the truth.

Ya, unfortunately, we also like basketball :lol:. And a good Bball program is good for the football program. And a LOT of the smaller things he has done have been good for the football program as well.

In all honesty, I only care about the football program.

That sounds horrible, but it's the truth.

I try to be a fan for everything, but I understand how you feel and that's fine with me.

Ya, unfortunately, we also like basketball :lol:. And a good Bball program is good for the football program. And a LOT of the smaller things he has done have been good for the football program as well.

I wouldn't even call some of the things he's done "small". Pac-12, huge. Getting people in the stands despite horrible on-the-field product, huge. Getting the city of Boulder to show more interest in the football program since it dropped off after "the scandal", huge. After the Pac-12 announcement, he went to California alum and increased major donors by 400% within two months, huge.

He has done some more amazing things financially for CUAD that might be called rumors at this point, but will help the program for years to come. Hopefully some of this will be talked about on the BuffaloChips Radio show this Wednesday. If we hadn't gotten blown out 52-7 this past Saturday, we would have been in for a pleasant surprise, me thinks.

Back