What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official "I'm off the bandwagon" thread

MM is 10x the coach that Embree was.

I think if MM goes all out and is LESS conservative, we win some games.
That 4th and 1 from teh 2 where he went for teh FG was a mistake i think.
normally I don't like to take points off the board, but in this instance, you go for it and make a stand.

normally I don't like to take points off the board, but in this instance, you go for it and make a stand.
They were definitely playing "not to lose" in the second half. I sure as hell don't get that. Not to lose? We've got losing down pat. Let's play "to win."

I'm off. Better than Embree or Hawkins, and he has made a terrible situation much better. But that's not good enough. I think we all want/expect more.

Three plays have stood out to me and moved me from believing HCMM can be the man to having no confidence in him:

1) The punt
2) 4th and 3 at the AZ 25 down 17-7, Diego on for a 42 yard FG.
3) 4th and 2 at the AZ 3 down 17-7, Diego on for a 20 yard FG.

These are decisions that a scared or incompetent head coach makes. In today's college football, you cannot make these type of old-school decisions. This is not 1966 and this is not the game of the century. College football has evolved. A good college football coach knows this and evolves with the game. Or maybe he just has no balls. Either way...

Especially because we used a time out to decide to kick.

Especially considering our QB is 245 lbs. That QB keeper with CP leading the way off tackle was awesome, and Sefo was essentially untouched. More of that in short yardage.

runaway-red-wagon.gif

Cannot stop laughing at this every time I see it. Especially given the bandwagon context.

I'm off. Better than Embree or Hawkins, and he has made a terrible situation much better. But that's not good enough. I think we all want/expect more.

Three plays have stood out to me and moved me from believing HCMM can be the man to having no confidence in him:

1) The punt

These are decisions that a scared or incompetent head coach makes. In today's college football, you cannot make these type of old-school decisions. This is not 1966 and this is not the game of the century. College football has evolved. A good college football coach knows this and evolves with the game. Or maybe he just has no balls. Either way...
Kicking a FG on 4th down is incompetent?

Kicking a FG on 4th down is incompetent?

Ok, incompetent? No. Wrong? Yes. A thousand times yes. There is ample statistical evidence that shows kicking a field goal inside the five is almost always a very bad decision. In this case, down 10 in the second quarter, in a game that will almost certainly take 30 points to win? Downright stupid.

The other field goal attempt is usually a bad decision in the NFL where most kickers are nearly automatic from that distance. A mediocre college kicker, down 10 in the first. Bad decision. You need touchdowns.

If we are at a talent disadvantage most every game, I'd prefer a coach that is willing to take chances, particularly when those risks are statistically outweighed by reward, to one that is just trying to not lose by too much.

If we had a killer defense, I'd be a lot more comfortable going for it on 4th and goal.

If we had a killer defense, I'd be a lot more comfortable going for it on 4th and goal.

But you are not really helping a bad defense by putting three on the board either. The call to kick it from beyond the 20 is borderline, but kicking it inside the five is inexcusable IMO. Low risk, high reward situation.

Being down by one score is preferable to being down by two scores no matter were you are on the field or how much time is left. Kicking the field goal was the right choice.

But you are not really helping a bad defense by putting three on the board either. The call to kick it from beyond the 20 is borderline, but kicking it inside the five is inexcusable IMO. Low risk, high reward situation.
Most coaches seem to disagree. Another factor is our O line. And our ability to get 2 yards, if we run, against a goal line defense. I'd say we'd have to pass. Of course, my kid agrees with you, haha.

Being down by one score is preferable to being down by two scores no matter were you are on the field or how much time is left. Kicking the field goal was the right choice.

Yes, I had no problem with that call, get points out of the possession and bring yourself to within one score. Come up empty there and you don't help the team attitude.

Back