What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official "I'm off the bandwagon" thread

HCMM isn't going anywhere. But every one of the assistant coaches except for Walters, and maybe LaRussa, better be looking for a new job next year.

Agree, but why do you want to keep LaRussa? Just a deferral because no one ever mentions him?

We've destroyed UMass today for a huge victory over one of the best football programs in the history of football.

(In Serraria.)

Agree, but why do you want to keep LaRussa? Just a deferral because no one ever mentions him?

LaRussa seems to do a decent job recruiting. Lots of kids mention him in interviews. Don't know anything above that.

Will RG force MM to make changes or will MM fall on his sword and doom himself? TD SJSU over Auburn!! :thumbsup:

Damn y'all, guys read this ****. Think before you post. We all want things to be better but posting retard won't help.

CU football has become a permanent embarrassment. I am ashamed when I consider what we used to be and what we are now. We used to drop 50 on CSU without breaking a sweat and then send in our 2nd and 3rd stringers. We looked at CSU as that cute lil bro who thought he was the little engine that could. These days when not losing we celebrate slim victories over CSU as if they are big time games.

CU football is dead and may never come back. We just don't have the will nor the money to be a top tier football program. I bought the cool aid year after year that RTD was around the corner. Been 10 years now and I doubt this program will ever win a national championship again. Gone are the days of being perennial top contenders.

Last edited:
To state the obvious, we're in deep trouble. Forget the top of the Pac-12, we'll have trouble competing with Utah, WSU and Cal. On the flip side, at least I don't get nervous for CU games any more.

Program is dead. We need a lightning in a bottle guy like Harbaugh was for Stanford. MM isn't that guy. I realize we can't fire him after this year, but he won't see a fourth year in Boulder.

Terrible coach but Embree recruited the best kids we have now (Sefo, Spruce, Crawley, Hennington, MaCartney,...) He was a much better recruiter than MM. MM is a better coach.

Firing Embree was a mistake...should of let his contract run out first and then found a proven p5 conference coach. Water under the bridge. Now you have to give MM 4 years, maybe 5. However, what RG should do this week is come by MM's office and say, with double intent, "how can I help you?"

Firing Embree was a mistake...should of let his contract run out first and then found a proven p5 conference coach. Water under the bridge. Now you have to give MM 4 years, maybe 5. However, what RG should do this week is come by MM's office and say, with double intent, "how can I help you?"

Did you watch any games in 2012? I have very serious doubts that you did after reading that statement. Embree was a catastrophe as a head football coach.

Terrible coach but Embree recruited the best kids we have now (Sefo, Spruce, Crawley, Hennington, MaCartney,...) He was a much better recruiter than MM. MM is a better coach.

A) You don't win games with 5 or 6 guys. The guys listed are good and important but far to few to impact greatly. Embree recruited way to many guys who aren't still around, and that isn't M2's fault.

B) After Sefo and Spruce our best players aren't the guys on your list. Gillam, Chido, etc. are there already. Your best players should be primarily jrs. and srs. but on this team they are sophs and even fr. because we don't have quality upperclassmen left.

Embree had to go. M2 may or may not be the guy, at least he looks like he knows how to coach which Embree didn't.

I'm expecting 0fer the p12 conference slate. I will keep my hope alive but there is a big gap between us and the next crappiest p12 teams. Look what a ****ty bsu team is doing to the sheep by the way

Dude, no. Just no. Anyone who watched 2012 would know Embree simply couldn't continue. We were historically bad, arguably the worst power conference team ever. As bad as we are right now, we're better than we were in 2012. Embree did not have a clue.

The mistake was not firing Hawk earlier.

Yes, the rot only got deeper by having Hawk remain for 2010. Anyone remotely competent would have led the Buffs to a bowl in 2010. Despite everything, we still went into Lincoln with bowl eligibility on the line. 7 or 8 wins was very, very obtainable. However, the whole "back to the past" brigade was already clamoring for Bieniemy or another guy with strong CU ties by then. Obviously we'll never know, but had we ditched Hawk after '09, Bohn very well may have hired Embree or Bieniemy still.

Back