What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official "I'm off the bandwagon" thread

I'm expecting 0fer the p12 conference slate. I will keep my hope alive but there is a big gap between us and the next crappiest p12 teams. Look what a ****ty bsu team is doing to the sheep by the way

How about a little timing, my germophobic amigo?

Personally, I'm waiting for ASU to depants us in Folsom next week before going gloom and doom.

I choose to savor this victory the way a Russian Krokodrill addict enjoys his last hit.

Terrible coach but Embree recruited the best kids we have now (Sefo, Spruce, Crawley, Hennington, MaCartney,...) He was a much better recruiter than MM. MM is a better coach.

No. Using this logic, Embree basically recruited everyone on the roster that isn't a freshman.

The 15 best kids should be JE's kids. There are 2 or 3 that are in the top kids here. Most of them are freshmen or RS freshmen. Unfortunately, MM is recruiting kids that won't be stars until they are Juniors and Seniors, but even so, too many have to play right now and STILL are among the best kids on the field for CU. That is why I need to see two more years. Because of who MM can get to come here right now, these kids have to have time to develop. Sucks, but that is how I see it. With that said, I think next year is where we should see much better improvement next year.

Neinas has to go though. Not seeing the value of Jeffcoat either. If Clark is taking more and more of the DB coaching away from MM then he is a zero sum for me right now. I would love for LaRussa to take over ST's from TN right now. That coverage is just horrid. Hope we get a high quality DL coach, have Larussa add STs and hire a hire quality RB coach in the offseason.

The 15 best kids should be JE's kids. There are 2 or 3 that are in the top kids here. Most of them are freshmen or RS freshmen. Unfortunately, MM is recruiting kids that won't be stars until they are Juniors and Seniors, but even so, too many have to play right now and STILL are among the best kids on the field for CU. That is why I need to see two more years. Because of who MM can get to come here right now, these kids have to have time to develop. Sucks, but that is how I see it. With that said, I think next year is where we should see much better improvement next year.

Neinas has to go though. Not seeing the value of Jeffcoat either. If Clark is taking more and more of the DB coaching away from MM then he is a zero sum for me right now. I would love for LaRussa to take over ST's from TN right now. That coverage is just horrid. Hope we get a high quality DL coach, have Larussa add STs and hire a hire quality RB coach in the offseason.

I don't disagree, but I need to see improvement over this season. There's more than one winnable game left on the schedule, if the Buffs improve they can snatch a few more wins.

How about a little timing, my germophobic amigo?

Personally, I'm waiting for ASU to depants us in Folsom next week before going gloom and doom.

I choose to savor this victory the way a Russian Krokodrill addict enjoys his last hit.

That's the right approach but I can't muster any joy from narrowly averting a repeat of Montana state, Toledo, etc.

Asu is going to name the margin of victory they want. The only reason I could theoretically see some of these teams layoff a bit over this year is that there is much talk about how the p12 needs to show more strength at the bottom. We are the bottom. If we get abused by 5 tds every week it will hurt the perception of the league according to these pundits out here. So I expect our average conference margin of loss to be around 3 tds and for some folks to view that as progress.

Our current situation can be traced back 10-12years. No support for the program while the media ran with the "scandal", Barnett was the fall guy at a time that talent and coaching was repectable. A blinds eye was turned on facilities while much of the BigXII was ramping up. Coaching debacles could not have been timed worse with a move to the P12. The P12 move highlighted the sad financial state of affairs that is our AD, and lack of funding thereof. Firing MM now will do nothing but delay the process. Replacing DiSteph is a good first step. Lobbying the state for better support of the CU system would be another. MM was handed the keys to a broken down VW when the rest of the conference is sporting turbo Porshe.

Great post!

I completely agree greed with your post.

CU needs some big support, both from within and without, within the CU system, it's time for the regents to get a new chancellor who has a vision. I'm sure Phil is a nice guy but we need someone with a future vision and not just hindsight. If he didn't see this coming, he would be fired for this in the corporate world. Run CU like a business? Yes, and fire the people who can't hack it, and bring in leaders who can lead.

As for support from the outside. Here's an example. There was an article by kiszla in the Post before the RMS about how their were so few Colorado kids on the roster. Yet, at every turn, the Denver Post bashes CU and writes nasty, hate filled drivel about CU. Other reputable papers in college towns and big cities put their support behind the hometown teams. I have very little respect for the Denver Post because of this. Hopefully a new generation of sports writers will come along and replace the aging sarcastic, negative and tiresome crew at the DP.

I'm looking to see who steps up along with RG to lead us. GO BUFFS!

Our current situation can be traced back 10-12years. No support for the program while the media ran with the "scandal", Barnett was the fall guy at a time that talent and coaching was repectable. A blinds eye was turned on facilities while much of the BigXII was ramping up. Coaching debacles could not have been timed worse with a move to the P12. The P12 move highlighted the sad financial state of affairs that is our AD, and lack of funding thereof. Firing MM now will do nothing but delay the process. Replacing DiSteph is a good first step. Lobbying the state for better support of the CU system would be another. MM was handed the keys to a broken down VW when the rest of the conference is sporting turbo Porshe.

not really...these are the Juniors and Seniors you hear about and they could play for anyone in the PAC...but, of course, all the other Juniors and Seniors on the roster were from the Embree era. There is alot of attrition, but our attrition is a result of academics (our FB program should be helping these kids stay in school better than it does) and continual change of coaches.

not really...these are the Juniors and Seniors you hear about and they could play for anyone in the PAC...but, of course, all the other Juniors and Seniors on the roster were from the Embree era. There is alot of attrition, but our attrition is a result of academics (our FB program should be helping these kids stay in school better than it does) and continual change of coaches.

No. Using this logic, Embree basically recruited everyone on the roster that isn't a freshman.

It's way too soon to throw MM under the bus.

Plus, we really don't have many options.

...and I am not saying JE was a good coach. He had no HC experience and clearly couldn't manage practices and therefore his kids often couldn't play their assignments. He had to go eventually...just not with already indebted CU paying his contract out. All of that money could have gone to things that would have stemmed our attrition problem...like 3 or 4 more academic counselors.

Nonetheless people place too much blame on JE. He had to deal with Hawkin's abysmal last few years of recruiting (which, for instance, had completely neglected recruiting entire positions). JE also had to transition to the pac12. This transition would have been tough for anybody. So JE took the brunt of this.

Lets not forget that in 2011 and 2012 JE hadn't a secondary. He literally didn't have people to play CB. He was repurposing running backs and full backs to the secondary and in the pass dominant pack 12 CU got burned.

It's way too soon to throw MM under the bus.

Plus, we really don't have many options.

Really?? Talk about blatant hypocrisy.

You were the first to say Embree was the wrong coach immediately after losing to CSU 22-17 in his second year in 2012, with no Paul Richardson. Meanwhile, in year two, WAC MAC's stellar team was destroyed by CSU 31-17, his team barely a pitiful UMass team and his recruiting is an absolute disgrace. No one wants to hear this, but we are still getting worse under MacIntyre. Why in the world are you defending MacIntyre?

You were the first to say Embree was the wrong coach immediately after losing to CSU 22-17 in his second year in 2012, with no Paul Richardson. Meanwhile, in year two, WAC MAC's stellar team was destroyed by CSU 31-17, his team barely a pitiful UMass team and his recruiting is an absolute disgrace. No one wants to hear this, but we are still getting worse under MacIntyre. Why in the world are you defending MacIntyre?

Hi Sly

It is not blatant hypocrisy. I think there are plenty of valid questions about MacIntyre, but let's not glorify Embree's last season either. CSU loss was bad, but Sacramento State and Fresno State were worse.

The one thing you cannot simply brush aside is that unlike Embree, MacIntyre has a track record as a head coach that buys him a little bit of time. People were ready to move on from Embree quickly because it was clear he was learning on the job and the results were disastrous.

You want to keep fanning the flames without actually discussing anything, just stick to calling us racists on another board.

MM has another year if we start to see improvement on the field throughout the year. If not, we may need to cut our losses. I actually believe this team is worse than last year's. Also, Neinas has to go! Will RG be allowed to make changes or will he be overruled?

I am interested to see what RG does. Someone sitting beside me yesterday said he had a nice blazer on. He said, "thanks, I burned the black one I wore last week." he then said, "last week was totally inexcusable." He continued walking so the conversation ended, but I thought it was pretty interesting he immediately went there from a comment on his blazer. I also realize it is a big event in terms of soliciting new donors, so maybe a little damage control...

I believe every coach needs a minimum of four years. Things have to go REALLY wrong to fire him after only two years.

I respect Embree, but you have to admit that things really spiraled out of control in year two. I'm glad CU also canned MikeBohn as well.

Was about to type and read your post. You are spot on. I have little condemnation of MMII recruiting. We are going to get very few 4 and 5 stars currently when MMII plays the hand he was dealt. Hell the number one regarded player (4A MVP) in Texas is our recruit from the last class and he is not even with us yet per his foot injury. Shay looks pretty good to me.... Line play is frustrating admittedly, but there is signs of life in that regard (2nd half both sides started to work as a team for a decent stretch). There are a couple of older players that are going to likely have to be ST or sit who are currently in starting roles.

This is a painful process, but I believe the outcome of MMII is still pending. Neinas is not effective and should go. Jeffcoat in pretty hot water, but when the DC mixed things up a bit they showed some spark and effectiveness on the line. Per the end of the game yesterday, that strategy our OC employed to kill the clock was very very close to being the worst mistake possible. Glad it worked by a hair, now dump it.

ASU is likely to pants us, anything better than that would be a welcome surprise. Build towards beating the rainbows and lets see where we are at that point on the state of the team and coaches.

Last edited:
Was about to type and read your post. You are spot on. I have little condemnation of MMII recruiting. We are going to get very few 4 and 5 stars currently when MMII plays the hand he was dealt. Hell the number one regarded player (4A MVP) in Texas is our recruit from the last class and he is not even with us yet per his foot injury. Shay looks pretty good to me.... Line play is frustrating admittedly, but there is signs of life in that regard (2nd half both sides started to work as a team for a decent stretch). There are a couple of older players that are going to likely have to be ST or sit who are currently in starting roles.

This is a painful process, but I believe the outcome of MMII is still pending. Neinas is not effective and should go. Jeffcoat in pretty hot water, but when the DC mixed things up a bit they showed some spark and effectiveness on the line. Per the end of the game yesterday, that strategy our OC employed to kill the clock yesterday was very very close to being the worst mistake possible. Glad it worked by a hair, now dump it.

ASU is likely to pants us, anything better than that would be a welcome surprise. Build towards beating the rainbows and lets see where we are at that point on the state of the team and coaches.

The most highly regarded in the 2014 recruiting class was Shay Fields and he was a composite mid-3* player. The point that many have been trying to make in regards to recruiting is that we need more guys like him in these classes. Very few people (if any) expect us to land 4* and 5* players, but there are players to be had in that mid-high 3* range that can be snagged and can be impact contributors as underclassmen. It cannot just be mostly developmental guys in every class.

The most highly regarded in the 2014 recruiting class was Shay Fields and he was a composite mid-3* player. The point that many have been trying to make in regards to recruiting is that we need more guys like him in these classes. Very few people (if any) expect us to land 4* and 5* players, but there are players to be had in that mid-high 3* range that can be snagged and can be impact contributors as underclassmen. It cannot just be mostly developmental guys in every class.

Tough for me to judge the difference between a high and a low 3. I will leave that to others. Yes, best talent available that staff can capture regardless of number is key.

We might have just seen our only win. We are a disgrace again. The coaching has been piss poor so far. The recruiting is worrisome at best. I'd say I'm pretty freaking worried at this point.

I expected us to be bad this year but not incompetent.

We might have just seen our only win. We are a disgrace again. The coaching has been piss poor so far. The recruiting is worrisome at best. I'd say I'm pretty freaking worried at this point.

I expected us to be bad this year but not incompetent.

UMass will not be the only win

If we don't recruit better than this we will never ever be anything more than the lowest of cellar dwelling bottom feeder scrub schools. I don't think we can call the mm era a failure yet-- look at the bodies they've put on the field. Mm could be belichek-Rockne-Carroll-saban rolled into one and not win with this level of inexperience and lack of athleticism. Good athletes make coaches look smart. Bad ones make them look like they can't coach.

Mm gets 3 years. If he wants to be here longer, he better figure a way to get more guys here who can play at this level. Bitching about apparently questionable coaching is fine but replace these weak links with recruiters if you want to see improvement.

I still think MM is a good coach...in no way should we be talking get rid of him yet...but there are many of things that worry me...

He inherited an embree team that was very young last year and did OK considering. On Defense he lost very few people and both he and Baer had a full year to prepare these guys. Other than Dribe the folks we lost weren't Earth shakers. The D comes out the first two games this year and either 1) they are completely unprepared or 2) they are completely untalented. I don't accept 2) because we are more talented by far than UMass and just as talented as CSU. So I must accept 1) that the D (the D-line and LBs especially) was unprepared. Good coaches run good practices and their kids are prepared. I hope it is 1) too, because unpreparedness can be overcome. I hope MM and staff were just tired after bringing SJSU up, a first year in a new program, etc., and slacked a little, because the only alternate explanation is...

Back