What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official "I'm off the bandwagon" thread

You can see what just a little speed does to these nonP5ers. Fields gets a simple screen and he turns on the burners and gets 20yards. Not going to happen against USC, but a little more speed would guarantee Ws in these non-conference games.

If we don't recruit better than this we will never ever be anything more than the lowest of cellar dwelling bottom feeder scrub schools.

Good message in church today. It was about walking in the wilderness, :lol:.

James 1:2-4
2 Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters,[a] whenever you face trials of many kinds, 3 because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. 4 Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything.

So, guys, consider it joy! This is an opportunity to overcome!!

Good message in church today. It was about walking in the wilderness, :lol:.

James 1:2-4
2 Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters,[a] whenever you face trials of many kinds, 3 because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. 4 Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything.

So, guys, consider it joy! This is an opportunity to overcome!!

I about to completely lose my mind if I have to face any more trials. A decade is enough.

Really?? Talk about blatant hypocrisy.

You were the first to say Embree was the wrong coach immediately after losing to CSU 22-17 in his second year in 2012, with no Paul Richardson. Meanwhile, in year two, WAC MAC's stellar team was destroyed by CSU 31-17, his team barely a pitiful UMass team and his recruiting is an absolute disgrace. No one wants to hear this, but we are still getting worse under MacIntyre. Why in the world are you defending MacIntyre?

Your three buddies on buffscoop are wondering where you wandered off to.

Yeah. I feel the same way. We've paid our penitence.

Not so fast.

We are paying our penitence for Hawkins year 5 followed by a failed Buffs4Life HC experiment. This is the result of the hole in which DiStefano has spawn through a decade of neglect and low expectations. We are reaping that which we have sown. We will continue to pay penitence for years to come as we dig out from the spectacular collapse.

Atonement will come when CU admins hire a HC who has a win-first bad ass mentality with ample ties to fertile recruiting grounds. When there is acceptance for some proven ball buster on campus, someone in the mold of Petrino or Orgeron or Mora, then CU will emerge from the wilderness.

Mike MacIntyre is more of a Boy Scout with his Boulder friendly philosophy of the four Fs (Foundation, Family, Future, Football).

There are other agreeable Fs from which to choose:

Fast Four-Four Forty
Ferrocious **** 'em Up Fighters up Front
Four Full Quarters of Fundamental Football
Fantastic facilities for our four and five star future NFLers

So we're blaming a charity (B4L), not Mike Bohn. Got it.

Who is blaming the charity?

To be clear, Mike Bohn could sell Embree and Bienemy to his cheap ass bosses and sentimental Buff fans. The B4L crowd is different than the B4L charity. That is a reference to Bill McCartney and Gary Barnett era former players who are tight in the local media and/or made a football career after leaving Boulder. (Klatt, Williams, Johnson, Embree, ect)

So we're blaming a charity (B4L), not Mike Bohn. Got it.

Bohn should have known enough to avoid hiring Embree, true. What we don't know is if it was truly his decision or whether he strong-armed into it. At the end of the day, the buck stopped at his desk, so he's the one who has to pay the price for it.

Embree should have never been hired in the first place. His only qualification was that he's a former Buff player. Hell, Dave Logan had a better resume.

Bohn should have known enough to avoid hiring Embree, true. What we don't know is if it was truly his decision or whether he strong-armed into it. At the end of the day, the buck stopped at his desk, so he's the one who has to pay the price for it.

Embree should have never been hired in the first place. His only qualification was that he's a former Buff player. Hell, Dave Logan had a better resume.
Strong armed. Right. The passes we choose to give this man are unbelievable. I don't think Distephano gives two ****s about who MB hires or not. The only time he chose to get involved was when the program hit rock bottom. So to think that he "strong armed" Bohn into hiring Embree is sketchy imo.

This argument is silly. MM is our HC now. I believe he needs four years minimum to get this program back on track. It's time to look forward.

Embree is gone.
Barnett is gone.

Time to move on. Myself included. :lol:

Strong armed. Right. The passes we choose to give this man are unbelievable. I don't think Distephano gives two ****s about who MB hires or not. The only time he chose to get involved was when the program hit rock bottom. So to think that he "strong armed" Bohn into hiring Embree is sketchy imo.

You may have to re-read my post. I said we don't know if that happened. There was a lot of speculation that he was. It's hard for me to believe there wasn't a lot of pressure on him to make that hire. If he made that hire without somebody in his ear or twisting his arm, that's even worse.

Again, I freely admit it was ultimately his decision. I think he figured he would get a pass on his next hire if he hired a former Buff. The problem was that Embree was completely incompetent. That made Bohn incompetent by extension. I'm OK with that.

I bet you are right when it comes to naming specific names. But based on results, Bohn had crystal clear marching orders.
1) deliver a balanced budget and don't ask for money
2) zero tolerance for embarrassing off-field incidents and non-compliance with the NCAA.
3) APR and GPA. Student first. Athlete second.

I bet you are right when it comes to naming specific names. But based on results, Bohn had crystal clear marching orders.
1) deliver a balanced budget and don't ask for money

Isn't it an AD's primary job to fundraise? Mike Bohn's failure to motivate the booster's lie squarely on Mike Bohn. RG has had less to work with than Mike did, and he isn't letting that hold him back. Hasn't he already raised over 50M this year?

Isn't it an AD's primary job to fundraise? Mike Bohn's failure to motivate the booster's lie squarely on Mike Bohn. RG has had less to work with than Mike did, and he isn't letting that hold him back. Hasn't he already raised over 50M this year?

I should clarify. Don't ask THE UNIVERSITY for money. Of course one of the main obligations of the CU AD is to fundraise from the private sector, through network & licensing arrangements, and through ticket sales.

There is no doubt that an inability to keep the CUAD in the black weighed heavily on Bohn's dismissal.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not so fast.

Atonement will come when CU admins hire a HC who has a win-first bad ass mentality with ample ties to fertile recruiting grounds. When there is acceptance for some proven ball buster on campus, someone in the mold of Petrino or Orgeron or Mora, then CU will emerge from the wilderness.

Here ya go. He's got his playbook and all.

1362537336_moses.jpg

Last edited:
No, I'm not a racist. There. I answered your implied question. Jackass.

I'm tired of the 4 fans who think race had something to do with embree's early departure. Total incompetence lead to the result. He has no one to blame but himself. He could have possibly made it if he had hired legit coordinators. Instead he hired a staff that couldn't help him overcome his inexperience.

Mm is going to own his staff decisions too. He gave his sjsu crew power conference pay days and they haven't shown they can do **** at this level. No proven recruiters amongst the group. If he gets popped this year or next, he owns it too and I'm pretty sure race won't be a factor.

I'm tired of the 4 fans who think race had something to do with embree's early departure. Total incompetence lead to the result. He has no one to blame but himself. He could have possibly made it if he had hired legit coordinators. Instead he hired a staff that couldn't help him overcome his inexperience.

Mm is going to own his staff decisions too. He gave his sjsu crew power conference pay days and they haven't shown they can do **** at this level. No proven recruiters amongst the group. If he gets popped this year or next, he owns it too and I'm pretty sure race won't be a factor.

:stupid:

Ok - you still have not answered the question. Does MacIntyre deserve a third year if this team goes 2-10 and does not win a PAC 12 game?
Oh, don't forget about setting pretty much every possible record that you can set when it comes to incompetence. And he would also have to lose to UH about 55-7.

Ok - you still have not answered the question. Does MacIntyre deserve a third year if this team goes 2-10 and does not win a PAC 12 game?
You seem like the guy who showed up to work late everyday and didn't get his work done and you can't figure out why you got fired

Back