What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official Michigan/Ohio St. game thread

It still cracks me up that some people were pissed when his name was mentioned in connection with the CU job last year.... :lol:

What was the reasoning behind that one again? SDSU was in the MWC and that was too close to the WAC which is where Boise and Hawkins came from, therefore he was no doubt worthless?

It still cracks me up that some people were pissed when his name was mentioned in connection with the CU job last year.... :lol:

I wasn't one of them ... but I think we have the right guy for the long run. Hoke is a "Michigan Man" (as Bo put it) ... JE is a True Buff. Hoke would have used CU as a potential stepping stone to the UM job (and now doesn't have to). JE will be here for his whole career ... as long as he eventually is successful and is treated right by the administration.

What was the reasoning behind that one again? SDSU was in the MWC and that was too close to the WAC which is where Boise and Hawkins came from, therefore he was no doubt worthless?

:nod:

SDSU had too many wins against "easy" teams, so the fact that they were playing very well in tough games just 2 years after going 2-10 didn't mean anything. Hoke clearly couldn't coach at a "real" program... :lol:

Hey, Tini, your favorite team defeated its bitter rival for the first time in ages and you´re not celebrating?

Sorry I was out with my grandpa today by could have sworn I posted a dancing gif when they won.

Pledge Allegiance to the Swag

I wasn't one of them ... but I think we have the right guy for the long run. Hoke is a "Michigan Man" (as Bo put it) ... JE is a True Buff. Hoke would have used CU as a potential stepping stone to the UM job (and now doesn't have to). JE will be here for his whole career ... as long as he eventually is successful and is treated right by the administration.

so was mccartney

so was mccartney

And your point is?
:huh:

Oh .. that's right .. you have no point. :rolling_eyes:

McCartney came to CU FROM Michigan ... where he had been both an OC and a DC, which prepared him for a HC position at a "major" program (I put that in quotes because when Mac came here CU could arguably have not been considered as such .. it took a leap of faith on Mac's part to believe that he could return it to its former status).

When Bo retired after the 1989 season, Mac has just started to achieve that goal, and obviously wanted to see it through (thus the 1990 MNC). He may have been offered the HC position at UM and turned it down ... I don't know (do you?) ... but in any case Gary Moeller was named HC after serving about as long as Mac did under Bo.

In other words, Mac wasn't looking at the CU job as a stepping stone to the UM job ... he wanted to create his own program and his own tradition, legacy, infrastructure, etc. See the difference?

And your point is?
:huh:

Oh .. that's right .. you have no point. :rolling_eyes:

McCartney came to CU FROM Michigan ... where he had been both an OC and a DC, which prepared him for a HC position at a "major" program (I put that in quotes because when Mac came here CU could arguably have not been considered as such .. it took a leap of faith on Mac's part to believe that he could return it to its former status).

When Bo retired after the 1989 season, Mac has just started to achieve that goal, and obviously wanted to see it through (thus the 1990 MNC). He may have been offered the HC position at UM and turned it down ... I don't know (do you?) ... but in any case Gary Moeller was named HC after serving about as long as Mac did under Bo.

In other words, Mac wasn't looking at the CU job as a stepping stone to the UM job ... he wanted to create his own program and his own tradition, legacy, infrastructure, etc. See the difference?
that wasnt my point at all... i dont give a **** where a coach comes from as long as he wins and upholds traditions... beyond that... he could run the wildcat and blitz every down as long as they won

that wasnt my point at all... i dont give a **** where a coach comes from as long as he wins and upholds traditions... beyond that... he could run the wildcat and blitz every down as long as they won

Oops ... sorry if I misinterpreted your post ... but as cryptic as "so was mccartney" is ... perhaps you can forgive my somewhat ascerbic (but accurate) response.

Back