What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

***Official National Signing Day Comment Thread***

I think 2- and 3-star players come in two types. Polished football players with limited physical tools and unpolished players with better tools. I think we signed a class that is, for the most part, the from the second group. The fact that not many of them will need to play right away might allow them to become polished.

How many of those non-committed players in Hawaii did we get?

Doesn't look good. I'll take a look at the end of the day and see who we were after in Hawaii and elsewhere that is still un-signed. There's always the possibility of signing guys after today like we did with Will Jefferson last year.

I'm very disappointed, though.

4 TBs and 4 TEs addresses need (2 each will play this year imo). If they all qualify, you may see some position switches. They all seem like good athletes and Trea Jones and Clark look like they can play several places, while JT looks like a LB/FB type. I would guess one of those TE's ends up as a DE at some point. Having too many 6'5" guys with athletic ability is a very good problem, if it turns out that way.

4 TBs and 4 TEs addresses need (2 each will play this year imo). If they all qualify, you may see some position switches. They all seem like good athletes and Trea Jones and Clark look like they can play several places, while JT looks like a LB/FB type. I would guess one of those TE's ends up as a DE at some point. Having too many 6'5" guys with athletic ability is a very good problem, if it turns out that way.

I think you're right about the 2-each RB's and TE's. Not sure which 2 it'll be. I have a hunch Torres will end up a fullback; he seems to have some of the skills already (can catch, doesn't shy away from contact, etc.). Also agree that one of the TE/ATH's end up at DE or OLB, and maybe Clark will make that move, too.

Well, I guess this wraps up the 2010 class except for walk ons and potentially transfers and late qualifiers.

Not really any surprises, either.

Well, I guess this wraps up the 2010 class except for walk ons and potentially transfers and late qualifiers.

Not really any surprises, either.

Now the most intriguing thing will be seeing what position all of these guys actually play!

It seems like the common thread of this class is versatility and athleticism. I like this for a couple of reasons, it means that a lot of guys can be used where they are needed most.

The more important thing is that I don't have confidence in Hawk making a magical turnaround and becoming a winning coach here. That means that hopefully sooner than later we will have a new coach. The more versitile these players are the easier and faster the new coach will be able to implement what he wants to do and use these guys to best advantage. If hawk is replaced next year it is likely that our class next year will be one of those transitional classes, that means that in 3-4 years this group will be the veteran core of our team. If they are as athletic and versitile as we are led to believe the new coach will have more options in using them.

One thing I like about this class is that it has a lot of guys who should be able to upgrade our special teams.

It seems like the common thread of this class is versatility and athleticism. I like this for a couple of reasons, it means that a lot of guys can be used where they are needed most.

The more important thing is that I don't have confidence in Hawk making a magical turnaround and becoming a winning coach here. That means that hopefully sooner than later we will have a new coach. The more versitile these players are the easier and faster the new coach will be able to implement what he wants to do and use these guys to best advantage. If hawk is replaced next year it is likely that our class next year will be one of those transitional classes, that means that in 3-4 years this group will be the veteran core of our team. If they are as athletic and versitile as we are led to believe the new coach will have more options in using them.

Did we address our front five problems with the class? Will we dominate in the trenches? It ALL starts up front.

Did we address our front five problems with the class? Will we dominate in the trenches? It ALL starts up front.

I agree with the criticisms of the lack of recruiting on the DL. I think we got a couple of decent OL but only two DL and no natural DTs is a serious issue.

At the same time I can somewhat understand what happened. Bringing in a DT just because he is a big guy doesn't do any good. Some of Barnetts DL recruits fit this description and never did show as Big XII players. The problem is that there just aren't very many of these guys who have the size and ability to play at the big XII level and they are in demand. CU this year was contending with two 3-9 seasons in a row and little hope of immediate significant change. They also realize that Hawkins was lucky to survive this year and likely won't be around after next.

We all know the reasons why CU is a great destination for a kid to spend his college years but if football is important and you are a kid in demand, this years situation in Boulder was not highly appealling. I would have liked to see a couple of big mean dominating DTs but at the same time I don't think just bringing in Bodies to fill a position is a good strategy.

Just another reason why keeping Hawk this year may have been a good political decision but was a terrible football decision.

Back