What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official NCAA Selection Sunday 2014 thread

Some surprise here that MD didn't get in the NIT or as I called the "Drive for #69."

Kind of weird they didn't but with all the auto bids to mid major regular season champs, NIT spots are at a premium. Not good for Turgeon to not even get an NIT bid. Now he can spend more time sending us good film on Pitt.

Kind of weird they didn't but with all the auto bids to mid major regular season champs, NIT spots are at a premium. Not good for Turgeon to not even get an NIT bid. Now he can spend more time sending us good film on Pitt.
Given his contract, MD's financial situation, he's there for atleast the next few years most likely. I don't think missing the NIT is that much worse than playing in it. They made the Final Four of the NIT last year, there's just very little interest at MD for it. Nonetheless, they've now missed the postseason entirely in 3 of the past 4 years (never have considered the CBI/dating back to GW's last year), missed the NCAAs the last 4 years, the program is at an all-time low in terms of relevance since GW's first years in the aftermath of Len Bias/Bob Wade.

Speaking of the NIT, just noticing that Utah got a 5th seed, yeah bubble team.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oregon State hosting Radford in the CBI. His 4th CBI with the Beavs.

They need to extend Michelle Obama's brother long-term. I venture to guess he has brought more CBI banners to their gym than any other coach in school history.

They need to extend Michelle Obama's brother long-term. I venture to guess he has brought more CBI banners to their gym than any other coach in school history.
The CBI Trophy will be known as the "Craig Robinson Trophy."

Teams in this year's field that would be subject to NCAA-imposed sanctions that could keep them from postseason play are: Cal Poly (925), Coastal Carolina (921), North Carolina Central (903), Oklahoma State (928), Providence (915), Texas Southern (900), Connecticut (897) and Oregon (918).

What?! I am shocked; SHOCKED I tell you!

Study: 8 teams fall below standard (AP) Teams in this year's field that would be subject to NCAA-imposed sanctions that could keep them from postseason play are: Cal Poly (925), Coastal Carolina (921), North Carolina Central (903), Oklahoma State (928), Providence (915), Texas Southern (900), Connecticut (897) and Oregon (918).

Is the rule if you are below a 930 for 2 years you aren't eligible for postseason? Or you just may not be eligible. Also, did Kentucky help develop this metric? How they always have such a great number makes no sense to me.

Is the rule if you are below a 930 for 2 years you aren't eligible for postseason? Or you just may not be eligible. Also, did Kentucky help develop this metric? How they always have such a great number makes no sense to me.

Coach Cal has done a fantastic job of managing his roster and making sure that his 1-and-done guys don't take the spring semester off in the classroom. Credit where it's due.

Coach Cal has done a fantastic job of managing his roster and making sure that his 1-and-done guys don't take the spring semester off in the classroom. Credit where it's due.
Kentucky would be a bad matchup for the Shockers imho. Styles make fights. The classroom stuff, I agree, if it isn't doctored.

Oh, I had always thought the number was based on graduation rate. Looks like it is actually just progress towards graduation. That at least makes sense now. Thanks.

Oh, I had always thought the number was based on graduation rate. Looks like it is actually just progress towards graduation. That at least makes sense now. Thanks.

APR = Academic Progress Rate

2 points possible per player
1 point earned for academic eligibility
1 point earned for staying in program

Kentucky does get penalized by recruiting so well when it comes to the second factor (which is bull****, btw), so Cal makes damn sure that they earn all their possible points on the first factor. He also does a great job of avoiding guys transferring out after they're beaten out for minutes by freshmen, which helps his number a lot.

Back