What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official Nicholls Colonels (0-2) @ Colorado Buffaloes(2-1) Game Day Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd actually say that it has more to due with our opponents. OU just suffered one of those program defining losses (62 points sound familiar). ASU and Arizona are definitely vulnerable as well to go along with OSU and WSU. If Colorado can't get one win out of those games then the writing will be pretty thick on the wall at that point.
That literally was the day Nebraska ceased to matter. Hopefully the same for the Ducks. I'm way tired of that team.

Ab

abused? That's a nice hyperbole.

The point I'm making is that if your defense is **** and you have nothing at QB you are a vulnerable team. Oregon is exactly that. A healthy team doesn't lose by 42 at home to a good but not great team.

It is funny how an unbiased source considered Sefo a top half PAC 12 QB (#2 going into this week) yet apparently he's so awful. All the while Lockie/Adams are near the bottom.

CU gave up 220 yards rushing to CSU. What about that stat is hyperbole. As to a source that has Sefo rated highly I can only assume that they did not watch any of the games and just saw a stat line. Just watching games yesterday I would take the QB from the following teams over Sefo. UCLA, USC, Utah, Cal, Stanford, Solomon from UA (Randal is sick as a runner), and I still think Adams and Locke from Oregon are better than Sefo.

CU gave up 220 yards rushing to CSU. What about that stat is hyperbole. As to a source that has Sefo rated highly I can only assume that they did not watch any of the games and just saw a stat line. Just watching games yesterday I would take the QB from the following teams over Sefo. UCLA, USC, Utah, Cal, Stanford, Solomon from UA (Randal is sick as a runner), and I still think Adams and Locke from Oregon are better than Sefo.
College football focus is an independent, advanced stats group. Their ratings are based on some pretty high level analysis. For what it's worth

At some point people will realize total yards is irrelevant. A 4.4 YPC isn't abusing a defense. 218 on 49 carries. Meh.

As for the source, I suggest you go and read up on how Pro Football Focus grades players. I'm sure you won't, but you should.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/about/how-we-grade/

Pro Football Focus- First its a paysite so most everything is behind the pay wall. But that is great that they give someone a + if they throw a pass that is dropped. Without going into detail I didn't see how they grade a play where the QB completes a pass for 4 yards instead of throwing it to the wide open player 20 yards down field for an easy TD.

They did pick Utah to finish 5th in the South and Oregon to win the North. So that is nice.

5. Utah Utes
Offensive snaps lost: 3,528 (32.2 percent)
Defensive snaps lost: 3,918 (35.7 percent)

The Utes don’t have a particularly bad roster, with solid players on offense like offensive tackle J.J. Dielman (85.7) and wide receiver Kenneth Scott (75.5) to go along with quarterback Travis Wilson (74.9). They just find themselves in a tough conference and even tougher division. Defensively, edge rusher Hunter Dimick (78.9), linebacker Jared Norris (78.8) and interior defensive lineman Lowell Lotulelei (78.6) have the potential to be difference makers, However, with the level of opposition around them, the Utes likely find themselves in the role of late-season spoiler as opposed to conference challenger.

So I assume you're paid to evaluate players?

Snow made a thread on it. Go look at it. They release the QB rankings weekly on Twitter for free.

Preseason rankings and in-season rankings are completely different. The in-season rankings are based off of what happened, pre-season is using past statistics to predict trends for the following year. Using one prediction is reaching for straws to try and discredit them.

Better than any Oregon QB by a good amount, which is the stem of this discussion.

You're vehemently defending a site that has Sefo at #2, yet you're avoiding answering my simple question. If you don't even agree with the website yourself, which is my suspicion, then what are you defending?

Helfrich is not a good coach. Oregon has no QB and their D is extremely vulnerable and really bad. This isn't a Oregon anyone has seen in a long, long time.
Sounds a lot like what you spouted prior to the Hawaii game... see where that got us.

You're vehemently defending a site that has Sefo at #2, yet you're avoiding answering my simple question. If you don't even agree with the website yourself, which is my suspicion, then what are you defending?
Because we've got people here who say he's at the bottom of the barrel, but there's a site that actually knows what is going on when evaluating a player having them near the top. I'd put him in the top 4, but I think Goff is clearly the class of the conference. I'm not avoiding it, just keeping the discussion on the root of the argument, which is he claim that Oregon has far superior QB's.

Sounds a lot like what you spouted prior to the Hawaii game... see where that got us.
Anything I say, or you say, or anyone else says has no bearing on the outcome. And I've been saying Helfrich isn't a good coach and having a MM at QB saved his ass. Good coaches don't get beat by 42 points at home when you're coming off of a national title run. Oregon is not a healthy team right now. No defense and no QB, that makes for a vulnerable team.

So I assume you're paid to evaluate players?

Snow made a thread on it. Go look at it. They release the QB rankings weekly on Twitter for free.

Preseason rankings and in-season rankings are completely different. The in-season rankings are based off of what happened, pre-season is using past statistics to predict trends for the following year. Using one prediction is reaching for straws to try and discredit them.

If by paid to evaluate players you mean drink about 8 coors lights during the game and scream that Sefo didn't throw to the wide open guy in the middle of the field again than yes I'm paid to evaluate players.

Not discrediting at all. Just pointing out again that they often get things wrong. You have a habit of telling everyone how the stats say one thing or another and there can be no disagreement with your view. All I know is what I've watched out of Sefo the last 4 weeks and nothing he has done makes me want him as my starting QB over at least 6 other Pac 12 QB's.

Why is it so difficult to grasp the difference between predictions and what has happened thus far? You seem to be trying to lump them together when they are completely separate.

Blaming Sefo is such an easy cop out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back