What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official Oregon at Colorado Game Thread

Oregon is quickly becoming the "must attend" game for CU basketball every year.

It's funny too, because @RumblinBuff and I were talking about it during the game and Oregon would be so much fun to watch and cheer for if not for Altman. That is a fun, exciting team. They're great to watch. But that prick on the sideline ruins everything.

Just to provide more insight, Tad is 6-2 against Altman. Those 2 losses came last year. One in Eugene and one in Vegas.

Dana is Tad's bitch.

I think it's 6-3, but 2 of them came last year, and dana is still tads bitch (back from MVC Days too)

I hope we get to treat them like KSU our last year in the Big-12 this year. A 3 game sweep would make me so happy.

I think it's more like 8-5.

6-0 here and then the rest is in Eugene or at the Pac-12 tourney.

What's the back story for Tad's dislike of Altman? Is it mutual? I don't follow basketball close enough to know what makes him such a dick. Cliff Notes version?

What's the back story for Tad's dislike of Altman? Is it mutual? I don't follow basketball close enough to know what makes him such a dick. Cliff Notes version?

I am pretty sure it is mostly related to how Altman runs and recruits his program. Mercenary mentality.

I hope we get to treat them like KSU our last year in the Big-12 this year. A 3 game sweep would make me so happy.

IIRC, after CU beat KSU for the third time that year, their hot shot star still maintained that KSU was "the better team." To his credit, the KSU coach (Martin?) corrected him on that.

Last night on KOA when Tad was talking about Oregon, and he made me laugh. He DOES NOT like Dana.

He said something to the effect of "That... coaching staff has done a heck of a job putting together a very good team" Did not say Altman's name once.

THIS. I've heard Tad speak and talked to him directly about this. He doesn't say it outright, but he despises Altman and indicated most of the other Pac-12 coaches hate him as as well. There is some nasty stuff that only the league head coaches know about (but won't outwardly speak about) that has happened/is happening in Eugene. Altman is as dirty as they come.

Most interesting thing about this game to me: the crunch time 5 is clear as mud. It's Josh, and then some combination of 4 other guys. Could be a good thing, could be a bad thing. Good job holding serve on the weekend.
Tad goes with who's hot; which is a good thing! Bench was responsible for half the scoring tonight, another good thing. Fletcher was unbelievable: two Scott muffs turned into 4 points and the deflection on that last UO inbound---unreal! You could make a very good case that his efforts won the game.

Inside-out game was the big difference yesterday, I haven't seen us execute that part of our game as well in a long time. When our guards are left open on the perimeter and can set their feet, we're pretty deadly. King is really the only one that can consistently hit jumpers on the move. So our ability to quickly rotate the ball and/or pass out of the double team is imperative. We did that yesterday. Hope to see it a lot more.

THIS. I've heard Tad speak and talked to him directly about this. He doesn't say it outright, but he despises Altman and indicated most of the other Pac-12 coaches hate him as as well. There is some nasty stuff that only the league head coaches know about (but won't outwardly speak about) that has happened/is happening in Eugene. Altman is as dirty as they come.

Yeah, there isn't a lot of love for Altman in the conference.

Which is Scott Drew and which is Dana Altman?

Beady-eyed coaches with receading hairlines and sketchy reputations who lead green and yellow colored nuveau rich programs all look the same to me.

512x.jpg

Dana+Altman+Oregon+Ducks+v+UCLA+Bruins+V0bVn5sHsorl.jpg

Altman actually can coach (despite what Oregon did with 3 seconds left last night). That's really the only difference.

What's the back story for Tad's and the entire Pac 12's dislike of Altman? Is it mutual? I don't follow basketball close enough to know what makes him such a dick. Cliff Notes version?

FIFY. Yeah, Altman is a well-known whiner---all the way back from KSU and Creighton days--- and very shady/rotten on recruitment of transfers.

FIFY. Yeah, Altman is a well-known whiner---all the way back from KSU and Creighton days--- and very shady/rotten on recruitment of transfers.
Can't be true. His bio says he was an Eagle Scout. He's trustworthy, loyal, helpful, friendly, courteous, kind, obedient, cheerful, thrifty, brave, clean and reverent.

cu athletics as a whole needs a bit of "mercenery" in it.... uo does what it takes to compete at big boy level

cu athletics as a whole needs a bit of "mercenery" in it.... uo does what it takes to compete at big boy level

I've always said I have no problem with us cheating, I just don't want to be Baylor.

I maintain that OSU should have hired Larry Eustachy last year. Having Altman and Eustachy within 50 miles of each other would have been epic. The douchiness might have created a suckhole that destroyed the entire area.

The Oregon Women's team plays the Lady Buffs tomorrow night at the Coors Event Center. About 90 minutes ago, I was on the airport train with them, coming in from Concourse B. They tried to get off at Concourse A and I offered to give them really bad directions out of the airport so they got to the hotel late, missing sleep before tomorrow's game.

They laughed. Probably a good thing since the lady I said it to was at least 6'4" and probably could have kicked my ass.

Back