What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official Oregon at Colorado Game Thread

Can't be true. His bio says he was an Eagle Scout. He's trustworthy, loyal, helpful, friendly, courteous, kind, obedient, cheerful, thrifty, brave, clean and reverent.
Don't know how many Eagle Scouts you've actually met, but most of them are entitled d-bags.

I've only known one person well who was an Eagle Scout. Tough childhood (dad left when he was young). The mentorship and male role models he got from scouting were hugely important in him becoming a success in life. And it's not like "Eagle Scout" hurts on a college or job application.

I have probably hired around 10 eagle scouts over the years. I'd say 7 out of the 10 were super star employees.

Last edited:
The guy I climbed about twenty 14ers with was Ray Cobb. Ray started climbing them in his 50's and climbed them all. Twice. In his 20's, he was a bomber pilot. He was a pastor in our church. Anyway, Ray became the first "Complete Scout." That means he earned every merit badge and achieved Eagle, Ace, Ranger, Silver and Quartermaster awards. He was featured in Life Magazine. Anyway, I just wanted to give homage to a great, great man.

Back