What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official Oregon State at Colorado Thread

Also, I'm starting to really like the way this team plays when both Yaz and Dom are on the court. Maybe we need to see more of that instead of either/or.

Agreed. Wish we had more PG depth so we could run with it more. Peters will help next year.

Josh Fortune is kind of an enigma. For all the bad, he also has a lot of good. If he could just stop with the damned turnovers!!

Josh Fortune is kind of an enigma. For all the bad, he also has a lot of good. If he could just stop with the damned turnovers!!
Not really. He did all the same stuff at providence. He was and is a streaky shooter that when cold is ice cold, but when hot can drop 25+

This thread is hilarious. "Damn, damn, damn, damn, crap, aaaaarrrrggghhhh!, damn, good win."
1+++ Typical AB, you have to admit.
Really this should be Yaz's team now. He's been the leader on the floor and in team huddles during TO's.

From the start of the year, Tad's been trying to get Dom to lead and be more vocal. Thus far little success.

I say Yaz starts at #1; let Dom come in off the bench or start at #2.

Did not hear this on the broadcast, but damn thats funny. Good work C-Unit

In between making shots and grabbing rebounds, Payton received some good-natured ribbing from the student section, which chanted "Daddy's Shadow" when he stepped to the free throw line. Payton's father, Gary, is regarded as one of the top point guards in NBA history and was inducted into the Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame in 2013.

Some people don't have the stomach for watching basketball

If it's not a Buffs game, I'll often just tune in for the last few minutes of the second half. That's when players make plays.

The back and forth of the first 35 minutes on the clock is just foreplay leading up to the final shot.

Very good win. We did not play soft in the paint. Maybe that had something to do with OSU having freshmen in the post. Either way, I hope Scott and Gordon play aggressive and tough from here on out. They are scary good when they do.
Akyazili is just a hard nose competitor. The pass to King where King got fouled was a thing of beauty. Yaz should start at PG. Dom just doesn't exhibit that leader demeanor. Maybe it will come by his senior year. Right now I agree with the Yaz and Dom starting together with King. That could be a very good combo. We need the moxy that Yaz brings to the court.
Here's hoping that Josh Fortune gets the mental part of the game right. His contribution could be bigger if it wasn't subtracted by his terrible and numerous mistakes. His improvement needs to happen between his ears.
And it looked like even Tad learned from his miscues. Used his timeouts effectively.
A very good win. And we needed that.

During crunch time Payton was struggling to get open looks. Yaz was guarding him. I read a game recap article on Oregon Live where it talked about Payton praising Yaz for his defense after the game. That's a huge compliment and a great sign. Yaz won't face a better athlete at PG this year than GP2.

This thread is hilarious. "Damn, damn, damn, damn, crap, aaaaarrrrggghhhh!, damn, good win."
Some people don't have the stomach for watching basketball
After the Utah game the way we played in the first half added to the frustration. Watching us commit turnover after turnover game in and game out is frustrating as hell. Especially the kinds of turnovers we commit. Just stupid, forced passes. Not dribbling off our foot or something. They are preventable.

The lineup of Yaz, Talton, Fletcher, Miller, Gordon that Tad ran out in the first half for about 5 minutes was so atrocious on the offensive end. This was the lineup that went in when the starters got a breather. Tad has to come up w/ a better combo than those five.

The lineup of Yaz, Talton, Fletcher, Miller, Gordon that Tad ran out in the first half for about 5 minutes was so atrocious on the offensive end. This was the lineup that went in when the starters got a breather. Tad has to come up w/ a better combo than those five.

I missed most of the first half so missed that stretch. Perhaps Tad should not do such wholesale change at one time and selectively rest one or two at a time and keep two scoring options on the floor.

This is my main argument for having King come off the bench.

Keep in mind that Tad is not typically in charge of rotations. That is the assistants jobs. They study the matchups and rotate players based on that. Now of course Tad can over rule them, and probably should, but he doesn't make those decisions typically.

I guess you could argue that our guys are more fresh than their guys in the second half due to the substitutions in the first half, thus the second half blowout.

And with the exception of Wes, not a particulatly good defensive unit either.

Is the XJ thing dead? The silence is deafening.

I posted this during the game but to me the most significant thing I saw in the game was the Buffs keeping up the intensity and agressiveness right to the end instead of going conservative and trying to play the clock instead of the opponent.

The character of this team is not a milk the clock, control the ball group, they do best when they are actively trying to push things. I'd rather see them stick with that at the end of games.

During crunch time Payton was struggling to get open looks. Yaz was guarding him. I read a game recap article on Oregon Live where it talked about Payton praising Yaz for his defense after the game. That's a huge compliment and a great sign. Yaz won't face a better athlete at PG this year than GP2.

I remember some talk from non-con where people were questioning whether Yaz would be able to stay with PAC-12 level athletes.

I remember some talk from non-con where people were questioning whether Yaz would be able to stay with PAC-12 level athletes.

I was one of the people who questioned that. I've been very pleasantly surprised and glad to be wrong.

Back