What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official Oregon State at Colorado Thread

I'm old. I've bled black 'n gold since the late 70s. I've suffered through Bill Blair, Tom Apke, Tom Miller, Joe Harrington, Ricardo Patton, and Jeff Bzdelik.

I don't care what any of you say. This **** is ****ing beautiful.

I'm old also. Did you also suffer through Sox Walseth? I arrived at CU for his last two seasons.

I'm old also. Did you also suffer through Sox Walseth? I arrived at CU for his last two seasons.

If you were older Sox was a pretty good BB coach for the men but not a good enough recruiter to move the men into the upper end of the conference, he did have some decent teams though, at least by CU standards of the time. He won the Big 8 three times helped a lot by having Cliff Meeley

As a women's coach he did pretty well going 77-21 Although I don't know what he was like personally in that time period. I have talked with some guys who played for him when he was men's coach and they seemed to genuinely like and respect him.

So, will Yaz stay through his senior year or would he contemplate going pro in Europe?

No, at least not live. I would have been 9 or 10 his last year. I was probably listening on the radio though.

I'd listen to all the games on the radio and I had a little notebook that I'd paste all the boxscores from the daily camera in.

Once Jo Jo Hunter showed up ('79?), I had to see him and begged my dad to take me to a game. We then probably didn't miss more than a couple home games for the next 5-6 years. Unless they were playing Kansas, Oklahoma, or Missouri, we always had a front row seat at the events center.

If you were older Sox was a pretty good BB coach for the men but not a good enough recruiter to move the men into the upper end of the conference, he did have some decent teams though, at least by CU standards of the time. He won the Big 8 three times helped a lot by having Cliff Meeley

As a women's coach he did pretty well going 77-21 Although I don't know what he was like personally in that time period. I have talked with some guys who played for him when he was men's coach and they seemed to genuinely like and respect him.

I was around men's basketball with Sox coaching starting in 75 as one of my friends was dating a player so we got free tickets to the games. I was not around in the Cliff Meeley era.

I did watch probably all of his home games with the women's basketball games. Have you ever seen the scores of the home games? Usually the only cheering was when they broke 100 as the competition was so poor until they got in to their conference play. He coached some very good players who have some funny stories to tell about his discomfort in coaching them. Until he passed away, he supported the women's team and his wife, who has now remarried, still comes to the games with her husband.

Back