What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official Oregon State Prediction Thread

Truth is, we don't have any idea what the DL was instructed to do in the first two games. If they were told to keep everything in front of them and neutralize the LOS, then yeah, they did a great job. It's pretty obvious our scheme in the first two games was pretty vanilla. Not a lot of stunts, blitzes, etc. We played pretty straight up, and did well. If we can have the same results against the Beav, we'll be fortunate. I suspect the defensive gameplan will need to be a little more robust than it has been up until now.

We're not going to play teams straight up and get consistent pressure, yes. It's a numbers game. It was a "positive" the last two games with mobile QBs, but against QBs like Mannion we will need to get pressure.If we can't get pressure on a weekly basis then I'll be concerned, but at this point it seemed like a conservative gameplan that made QBs beat us through the air.

The problem is that Mannion and Cook are good enough to burn us if we blitz too much.

I agree that this is a winnable game but I'm certainly not confident that we will win it. OSU has issues this year but they did go on the road and beat Utah. Utah is not a world beater but they are certainly better than anybody we have played. We look way better than last year but that is not saying much.

I also have no clue what to expect from this team on the road.

My gut tells me
Rodents 35
Buffs 31

But I hope I'm wrong.

Edit - btw, rain is looking more likely. I was hoping the weather system would hold off but it appears it'll be here Fri evening.

Last edited:
Being that I predicted CU going 6-6 preseason and picking a win over the Beavs, CU 48 Beavs 34. CU keeps the streak of winning by 14 pts.

NOAA says .25 to .5 inches of rain. I will be there regardless.

Not to diminish the true tragedy of what happened with the flooding, but if it is raining during, it almost seems like it would be a very distinct reminder of what has happened at home. Could see it as a motivator.

Not to diminish the true tragedy of what happened with the flooding, but if it is raining during, it almost seems like it would be a very distinct reminder of what has happened at home. Could see it as a motivator.

They also practiced that whole week in the rain. I think we will be fine.

Truth is, we don't have any idea what the DL was instructed to do in the first two games. If they were told to keep everything in front of them and neutralize the LOS, then yeah, they did a great job. It's pretty obvious our scheme in the first two games was pretty vanilla. Not a lot of stunts, blitzes, etc. We played pretty straight up, and did well. If we can have the same results against the Beav, we'll be fortunate. I suspect the defensive gameplan will need to be a little more robust than it has been up until now.
I agree with this. To me, when watching the defensive game tape, it looked like the goal was to keep the QB in front of them, of which I thought we did a very good job of. We will absolutely need to get pressure on Mannion, although I'm not sure how much we will slow him down (if any). One positive is that Storm Woods is out and he's a key part in their passing game.

Word is that the staff was saving some new looks for the Fresno game, so I anticipate we will see quite a bit more stunts and twists and mixing up the blitzing more than we did the first two weeks.

This will be interesting game from a lot of standpoints. My heart is with the Buffs but my head says the Oregon St. The beavers will be at home so advantage them, they are beat up -advantage Buffs.

I think the two bye weeks hurt the Buffs. Two bye weeks later in the season would not be a big deal.

I want to see how the Buffs handle Kickoffs. If they pooch kick and give Mannion a short field to work with it will really hurt.

My initial thought was OSU in a competitive game. i have been pondering what could alter my prediction? Given the battle between Cook and PRich, betcha PRich comes into this game laser focused. If Woods does not get picked, I think Paul out duels Cook in a competitive battle. We could win the game if we play turnover free football or exceed OSU +2 or better. Just think PRich is going to have a really big game if Woods is getting adequate time. Kool Aid inspired by reading on both offenses.

Who ever wins the turn over battle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Man, I'm just revved up to get this game under way. Ready to see these kids take the field and play some football. I still think we don't escape with a victory (although I think one is very possible), but I think we are going to see a fiery competitive team.

If you consider discussing the game with the other team's fans to be "trolling" then I'm guilty of being a troll. Are you a UVA fan pretending to be a Buffalo fan?

So, when did you start "discussing the game"? Stop whining and start discussing, w/o "a 100 years of rivalries" BS ! Instead, tell us about the current state of your O-Line, your piss-poor running game and why your "D" looked like dog crap vs. EWU, Utah and early on at SDSU?

Buffs 42 - beavers 31. The 3 week hiatus proves to be a blessing as the Buffs fix the run game, spice up the defense, and PRich has another big game.

So, when did you start "discussing the game"? Stop whining and start discussing, w/o "a 100 years of rivalries" BS ! Instead, tell us about the current state of your O-Line, your piss-poor running game and why your "D" looked like dog crap vs. EWU, Utah and early on at SDSU?

You confused about three different posters in one angry post. A new level of greatness for you.

We are going to come out hard, D line is going to get great penetration, Pow Pow is going to pound early and PRich is going to get off deep.

End of day Beaver is going to be sore

CU 39
OSU 37

Moron. He's an Oregon fan, not OSU.

Now osu is saying their starting fullback is out for the game...man, they are a beat up football team. Buffs need to be physical saturday. very winnable game with so many starters out at key positions.

Go Get em BUFFS !

Last edited:
and looking at the weather. It is raining and windy now with more of the same tomorrow. = benefit CU. Really think as bad as our run game is, it is better then osu's

and looking at the weather. It is raining and windy now with more of the same tomorrow. = benefit CU. Really think as bad as our run game is, it is better then osu's

HCMM even prepared his team by practicing in that crappy weather in Boulder a couple weeks ago. No practice bubble for him!

What's not to like about the weather?

Not much discussion around OSU's linebackers, but their starting MLB got benched (new guy being unwrapped this week) and their leading tackler from last year is out.

Back