What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official Pre-Game Thread CU vs Oregon

Is "ger 'er" some sort of ursular colloquialism?
Didn't you guys used to be in the Big 12? I thought that was how people spoke over there.

Honestly though, all of the Pac 12 is pulling for you guys (except for the red neck, meth-addled, bandwagon quack heads in Eugene). The duck reign of terror must end and this would be a fitting way to do it. We are all buffaloes this week. Ich bin ein Ralphie.

Didn't you guys used to be in the Big 12? I thought that was how people spoke over there.

Honestly though, all of the Pac 12 is pulling for you guys (except for the red neck, meth-addled, bandwagon quack heads in Eugene). The duck reign of terror must end and this would be a fitting way to do it. We are all buffaloes this week. Ich bin ein Ralphie.
Ger 'er!

Also, are you from Sebastapol? It seems I swung through there at one point in my life. Do I remember correctly that it was some weird nexus of child-abductions and dairy farms?

Also, are you from Sebastapol? It seems I swung through there at one point in my life. Do I remember correctly that it was some weird nexus of child-abductions and dairy farms?
I am from Sebastopol and we definitely specialize in having "weird nexuses" ("weird nexi".....? something like that) but child abductions and dairy farms doesn't ring a bell. You may be thinking of Petaluma (and honestly if you couldn't tell the difference between the two no one would blame you). Sebastopol is the only municipality in the country entirely run by the Green Party, so the transition to Berkeley was easy for me.

But back on topic, please kill the Ducks for all of us who have had to suffer through that Sons of Anarchy menagerie they call a fan base. If you guys haven't seen them recently, you are in for quite a treat. Maybe they will be down after the loss in Autzen, but I think they'll need another loss in conference to STFU. Would be sweet for you to give it to them.

I am from Sebastopol and we definitely specialize in having "weird nexuses" ("weird nexi".....? something like that) but child abductions and dairy farms doesn't ring a bell. You may be thinking of Petaluma (and honestly if you couldn't tell the difference between the two no one would blame you). Sebastopol is the only municipality in the country entirely run by the Green Party, so the transition to Berkeley was easy for me.

But back on topic, please kill the Ducks for all of us who have had to suffer through that Sons of Anarchy menagerie they call a fan base. If you guys haven't seen them recently, you are in for quite a treat. Maybe they will be down after the loss in Autzen, but I think they'll need another loss in conference to STFU. Would be sweet for you to give it to them.
Yes, it was Petaluma. Good call.

I'm from the Eugene area originally. I grew up a Duck fan. I despise them now. It's a super-weird-methy fanbase. Their suck-ass uniforms serve as a marketing branch for child labor and are a disservice to college football. Stupid uniform obsession has all but ruined this board. Well, uniform obsession and TSchekler, that is.

I'm from the Eugene area originally. I grew up a Duck fan. I despise them now. It's a super-weird-methy fanbase. Their suck-ass uniforms serve as a marketing branch for child labor and are a disservice to college football. Stupid uniform obsession has all but ruined this board. Well, uniform obsession and TSchekler, that is.
The uniform thing is gross. It was a bad day for college football when the Ducks started dressing like Gumby, and instead of making fun of them people thought it was cool. But it's really their fans that set them apart. The alums are generally fine, but the bandwagoners who believe that College football was invented in 2009 are just too much. "Methy" is a good description. By the way, I stayed up until a ridiculous hour to watch Colorado beat the Rainbow Warriors. Needless to say, I was disappointed. I feel like Ralphie owes me one (not as many as he owes all of you, but still.......).

I've given up predicting an upset week in and week out. Until this team actually wins a game we are underdogs in, I'm sticking with the wise guys.

I've given up predicting an upset week in and week out. Until this team actually wins a game we are underdogs in, I'm sticking with the wise guys.
You should save up you energy so you can stay for the entire game! Meet you at the 50 yard line after we beat the ducks?

You should save up you energy so you can stay for the entire game! Meet you at the 50 yard line after we beat the ducks?
Hell yeah! I know we will eventually break through, I'm just not picking upsets for the sake of it. I've done that and it never works!

Maybe I'll ruin it enough to see you, Rugged and Darth take your walk of shame away from your daily circle jerk here. Burrito can stay. He's my favorite club member.

Wonder what happened to that Canadian Duck who came around. I think I made him cry once in chat. Hey, it was the Embree era...

Ducks have moved true freshman WR Malik Lovette to DB. Also the Ducks begin classes this week, so their practice schedule has changed.
http://www.goducks.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=500&ATCLID=210377687

Sounds like they have gotten very desperate for any kind of spark in the secondary.

Their fans are entering a weird stage of grief btw. Starting to talk about being excited about coming back to earth. Looking forward to each game being a toss up and being fully interested every game because the outcome isn't assumed ahead of time.

The alums are generally fine, but the bandwagoners who believe that College football was invented in 2009 are just too much.

Preach. I have some good friends who are Duck Alumni, and they are good people. The t-shirt fans are awful. I just moved back to Colorado from Oregon, and there's a good joke there:

What do U of O and OSU fans have in common?

Neither went to Oregon.

Ducks have moved true freshman WR Malik Lovette to DB.

If there's anything that CU knows well, it's that moving WRs to CB ALWAYS works out.

Back