What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official Pre-Game Thread CU vs Oregon

Anyone else remember the photo of Ty Gregorak on the cover of the old season ticket holder weekly with a shotgun and the caption "Duck Season" (I think), before we played them in a bowl game?

Explains the high throws on Saturday, but it begs the question why he was playing against Nicholls in the first place.

Mac up at the press conference now
http://pac-12.com/live/university-colorado-3

Starts out talking about Spruce who was contacted by Westbrook this week. McCartney told westbrook he would hold the record, and he did for 21. MacIntyre told Spruce the same thing.

Oregon still a very good football team, speed everywhere.

We will face a mad and hungry Oregon team who is looking to beat us like they have in the past.

Used to scoring a lot more points than they have this year.

Left a lot of points on the field against Utah, because of trailing and passing up FG opportunities and taking more risk.

Oblivious to buzz around town, hasn't left his office.

Reporter asking about uniforms saying that some fans think the new uniforms are ugly. Mac shuts him down saying that the reporter isn't 18-22.

Players like new uniforms, students like new uniforms, recruits like new uniforms. Oregon set the stage for it. Nike set them up for that because Oregon can get whatever uniform they want.

"Start Fast in Folsom" is a team slogan.

We want to win the first Pac-12 game we play. We didn't win any last year. 4 or 5 we should have won. Won the stat sheet in many games and people look at those and wonder how you lost that game based on numbers.

Believes the D can slow down Oregon. Have to make plays in space. Must be alignment sound. 5yd gains can turn into 40yd gains.

Sefo's shoulder doesn't change the game plan. He will do just fine.

Doesn't think team was intimidated by Oregon, the ducks just were excellent in the past.

Sefo threw better today than he did last week. He will be getting progressively better this week.

Not sure on Addison. He is working hard to get back.

Not sure about running backs. He will find out tomorrow. They did participate in practice today.

Last edited:

Important part is Olivia Harlan.
CPRZC6yUsAA8YsL.jpg

Last edited:
Good to see they had Bell taking questions. Hopefully we seem him a lot in the Oregon game.
Hope so too. It sounded like they have been bringing him along very slowly this year, making sure his knees are ready. Bell is a ball hawk, so it would be good to have him back there against UO.

Watched ESPN's "The Experts" this morning ... Mike Bellotti, Jason Sehorn, an ex-UCLA player and some guy named Luginbill. They spent a good 10 minutes at the beginning of the show talking about what's with Oregon. They talked about their upcoming schedule, and never once mentioned that they're coming to Boulder this week.

That's how far we've dropped off the radar ... seems like this week's game is considered inconsequential since we don't have a chance. Maybe that changes after Saturday night.

Watched ESPN's "The Experts" this morning ... Mike Bellotti, Jason Sehorn, an ex-UCLA player and some guy named Luginbill. They spent a good 10 minutes at the beginning of the show talking about what's with Oregon. They talked about their upcoming schedule, and never once mentioned that they're coming to Boulder this week.

That's how far we've dropped off the radar ... seems like this week's game is considered inconsequential since we don't have a chance. Maybe that changes after Saturday night.

Pretty large oversight by ESPN to not mention that Oregon is playing a game this weekend on ESPN.

Hmm. thank goodness we have Donovan on the team, or we would be burning Dino's RS this year. Both Carr and adkins out (what a bummer on Carr, he's burned his RS for almost nothing so far). He obviously needed touches to get used to the college game, and obviously has the talent to succeed. Now he's going to need to get those touches in conference play.

Ducks Attack has some posters reporting Byron Marshall is done for the year. They are getting their info from 24/7 but its behind a pay wall so I can't personally confirm. No news on WR #2 Nelson.

Hmm. thank goodness we have Donovan on the team, or we would be burning Dino's RS this year. Both Carr and adkins out (what a bummer on Carr, he's burned his RS for almost nothing so far). He obviously needed touches to get used to the college game, and obviously has the talent to succeed. Now he's going to need to get those touches in conference play.

Both practiced on a limited basis - have you seen confirmation they are out?

Italics means player is questionable or doubtful to play. So at best, 50/50 on Carr, Adkins, and Gillam.

Gillam's loss could be big. It's against teams like Oregon that we need the LB speed. Maybe we'll see Awini play more on Saturday.

Gillam's loss could be big. It's against teams like Oregon that we need the LB speed. Maybe we'll see Awini play more on Saturday.

Agreed.

From HCMM comments today it sounds like the RB's participated on a limited basis and will probably be "questionable" for the game Saturday. Gillam sounds like he did not participate in practice and is "doubtful" for the game.

The ducks might be missing their two biggest WR threats so as long as our OLB's can set the edge, I hope our ILB's won't have to roam side to side too much.

Agreed.

From HCMM comments today it sounds like the RB's participated on a limited basis and will probably be "questionable" for the game Saturday. Gillam sounds like he did not participate in practice and is "doubtful" for the game.

The ducks might be missing their two biggest WR threats so as long as our OLB's can set the edge, I hope our ILB's won't have to roam side to side too much.

What happened to Gillam in the first place?

Thanks....and after he finally made it back this season with his head back in the game, only to have another body part fail him. Dam.
Given that he isn't being ruled out for a length of time and is consistently day to day, my guess is its relatively minor. I wouldn't worry too much about it other than probably not having him available until next week.

Preach. I have some good friends who are Duck Alumni, and they are good people. The t-shirt fans are awful. I just moved back to Colorado from Oregon, and there's a good joke there:

What do U of O and OSU fans have in common?
Neither went to Oregon.
and here is the difference between Pac fans and SEC fans -- the SEC fans are proud of the fact they didn't attend the school associated with their favorite team.

and here is the difference between Pac fans and SEC fans -- the SEC fans are proud of the fact they didn't attend the school associated with their favorite team.

Why are they proud of not going to a school? I've never thought that you had to go to a school to be a fan of the football team but to have pride in that seems strange to me.

Back