What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

**Official Road Trip to Laramie 11/22 Thread**

I swore there were rumors about a month ago that the football game was going to be a night one.

Any idea when they will announce the gametime?

It's dependent on the football game, so I would imagine we'd hear sometime next week. If the MWC is like the Big XII & Pac-12, they'll announce their football games 12 days in advance (Monday the week before).

That stretch of US 287 between Laramie and Ft Collins is pretty in the Summertime during the day. It's Hell at night in Winter.

And there's about a 50% chance of coming around a curve and running into a herd of antelope standing on the road. Stupid animals!

Boise State @ Wyoming is an 8:15 kickoff, so either the games will overlap or we're playing an afternoon game.

Looking more and more like I won't want to use my football ticket.

This may be a last minute decision for me.

I plan on going. But I don't even like driving to and from night games in Boulder if it's snowing. I really don't want to be driving back from Laramie in a snow storm. And if there is a storm, I have serious doubts that there will be any vacancies in Laramie hotels with Boise State in town that weekend.

I plan on going. But I don't even like driving to and from night games in Boulder if it's snowing. I really don't want to be driving back from Laramie in a snow storm. And if there is a storm, I have serious doubts that there will be any vacancies in Laramie hotels with Boise State in town that weekend.

That's what they have Bars and loose women for.

Odds are there arent going to be many/any hotels available anyway. A lot of people from around the state go to games, and they usually stay 1 night no matter the kickoff. My guess is they will arrive in teh afternoon, drink & stay the night. Look into availability now.

If not like [MENTION=2426]GoBuffs!![/MENTION] says there's always bars (try the ranger) and loose women (try the buckhorn)

4pm tip.

BTW, a 8:15 game in wyoming late in November is going to be rough

THIS IS GREAT! not sure if anyone else is [STRIKE] sick enough to be [/STRIKE] interested in even considering a day like this, but:

11:30AM New Mexico @ CSU football
(drive from FoCo to Laramie is 90 minutes per google maps)

4:00PM CU @ Wyoming basketball
(two hours for dinner)

8:15PM Boise State @ Wyoming
(I know AB'ers don't like night games, but I haven't shaken that particular east coast preference and this will be my first night game since the RMS!)

I've lived in Colorado > 1 year and haven't been to a CSU home game yet, never mind Wyoming, so this is a chance to add two D1 football stadiums and one D1 hoops arena to my 'venues attended' lists, in the same day. When I lived in Raleigh, I had a half dozen or so days with two college football and/or basketball games in two different venues, but a "three'fer" would be a personal first!

confirmed In +1. I haven't locked in tickets yet, so if anyone bought tickets and isn't going, let me know via PM (this applies to either the hoops game or the football game). Go Buffs -- rule the road!

Two tickets bought for the Wyoming game, unfortunately the Athletic Department is ONLY allowing a bus trip offered from BOULDER and the LONGMONT stop. They are not putting together a Denver bus, which is sad and unfortunate for themselves and for us as fans and supporters of the basketball program and university. YES, I know we will all be going up there anyway, right? But, I am hearing that the Athletic Dept was against a bus from Denver. We have had VERY successful buses from Denver for the last few years to either CSU, Wyoming, and/or Air Force games, with sometimes up to two full buses......

Either way, WYOMING trip will be fun and a lot of CU fans going. Wyo is trying to sell out the game, promoting it with #SelloutCU although there appears to be NO tweets with this hashtag... I may start it. hahahaha. Go Buffs.

Really wanted to go to this one, but w/ family coming in for the Miami vs Denver game, I will not be able to. May take them to a watch party in LoDo though. CU fans should definitely start the #SelloutCU movement. Need to get the [MENTION=6692]CUnit[/MENTION] on it

Really wanted to go to this one, but w/ family coming in for the Miami vs Denver game, I will not be able to. May take them to a watch party in LoDo though. CU fans should definitely start the #SelloutCU movement. Need to get the @CUnit on it

#SelloutCU is now getting some attention, from our Buff fans, after we introduced it to them. Keep it going and thanks for helping spread the Buff love!

Also, note that the game on Saturday is only on ESPN 3, so there are (as of last news from the nest) no watch parties for the game. It will just have to be streamed....

Only 5 slots available on the CU sponsored trip to Laramie apparently.

Also Wyoming is having a "Gold Rush" for Saturday's game. Probably not their greatest idea considering it is one of our colors as well. If enough CU fans show up, it will look like a home game in there. Brown would have likely been a better option for them. Oh well.

Also Wyoming is having a "Gold Rush" for Saturday's game. Probably not their greatest idea considering it is one of our colors as well. If enough CU fans show up, it will look like a home game in there. Brown would have likely been a better option for them. Oh well.

Turd rush doesn't sound as good

Or it could be a good idea, makes the CU fans "blend in" so it just looks like a solid showing of Wyoming fans.

Also, where are you seeing 5 slots available. It was sold out over the weekend when I tried to sign up.

Or it could be a good idea, makes the CU fans "blend in" so it just looks like a solid showing of Wyoming fans.

Also, where are you seeing 5 slots available. It was sold out over the weekend when I tried to sign up.

It was supposed to be sold out for sure, but there is a wait list apparently. Room for two others in our car if anyone needs a ride!! We need to get as many CU fans up there as possible. It is not a long trip and we need to represent our program with pride.

As for the "gold rush" stuff, should we encourage CU fans to wear black instead?? Or stick with the blending in thing.. haha ?

This morning Brian Howell tweeted out they had 5 spots open. He had asked the AD, probably Plati, who we all know is great at counting...

Buff Fans going should definitely wear black.

Going to try & make it...unfortunately family members went to UW so we wont be in all buffs gear. Looking forward to dom playing.

I am not going to be able to go.

Conference call got scheduled for work on Saturday afternoon that I have to be on.

Plus, I've been sick as a dog all week. Monday night, I had the start of a sinus infection and my ears were hurting (I could barely hear people talking to me). It got a lot worse on Tuesday. Anyway, I'm sure I'll be feeling well enough on Saturday but it's not necessarily something I should be doing.

I've got a ticket if anyone wants/needs it. Dual admission for both the basketball game and, if you choose, the football game vs Boise State.

Post here or PM me if you want the ticket.

[MENTION=1852]Buffnik[/MENTION] That sucks. Conference calls on saturday?

I think I will be going. Where are everyone's seats? Ill try to buy near/in the CU section.

the name of U of Wyoming's basketball venue is "Arena-Auditorium". hard to get much more generic than that. It holds 18k, and is the largest indoor venue in the state. They haven't hit 6k in either game this year and never got to 10k last year.

Buff fans should own this venue -- I expect to hear "Let's go Buffs" louder than hell during Wyoming's free throw attempts.

anybody have good dinner recommendations in Laramie?

the name of U of Wyoming's basketball venue is "Arena-Auditorium". hard to get much more generic than that. It holds 18k, and is the largest indoor venue in the state. They haven't hit 6k in either game this year and never got to 10k last year.

Buff fans should own this venue -- I expect to hear "Let's go Buffs" louder than hell during Wyoming's free throw attempts.

Wyo views this as a Rivalry and are doing their best to sell this thing out. Less than 3k Tickets left. It is going to be a hostile environment for sure.

It is a rivalry. It is CU's biggest non-conference rivalry in basketball. We trail 36-42 all-time in this one.

Altitude chop house is the best Laramie has to offer.

Back