What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official RPI Watch 2014-15

Looks like a sneaky tough game for ISU. Georgia State is probably the best in the Sun Belt and those schools usually have some size and athleticism.

We're definitely the best in the Sun Belt and have one of the best guard combos in the country. Our main deficiency is that we almost always get out rebounded, no matter who we play. But it looks like Iowa State has 2 starters suspended for this game so that could give us the edge.

We're definitely the best in the Sun Belt and have one of the best guard combos in the country. Our main deficiency is that we almost always get out rebounded, no matter who we play. But it looks like Iowa State has 2 starters suspended for this game so that could give us the edge.

Don't know your style of play, but Iowa State will let you get your fair share of points. Oakland got 82 on them last night. Of course, the flip side is you'll likely need to get into the 80s to win unless your D is something special.

Montana isn't very good, but damn does CSU look good.

Looking good, but this is a likely a bottom half Big Sky opponent. Potential fool's gold like UCLA last night. Meanwhile, USC against another Big Sky squad is looking like **** early.

Last edited:
CSU took care of business. They shoot a lot of 3s and tonight they were hot (44.4% on 12/27).

USC's is down 10 to Portland State with 2 minutes left. Story of this game is turnovers and 3pt shooting. USC has 22 TOs to PS's 3... leading to an extra 20 shots for PS. From 3, PS is 8/18 (44.4%) while USC is 2/10.

Sunday opponents:

Wyoming/Northern Colorado
Nebraska*/Northern Kentucky
Stanford/South Dakota
George Washington*/Rutgers
Cal/Kennesaw St
Arizona/Cal St Northridge
UCLA/Coastal Carolina
San Francisco/South Carolina St

Nebraska took care of business.

Wyoming and N Colorado are in an excellent game. 42-36 Pokes early in the 2nd in Laramie. I think we want Wyoming in that one due to the need for overall MWC strength and a road loss not hurting UNC much.

I'm headed up the hill to the usf game. Will report back.

We need a better non-con from the Dons than last year and another strong Top 4 finish in the WCC. Could be a Top 100 opponent if that happens. I'm not sure whether I like Rex Walters as their coach or not. Seems like a situation that's kind of combustible.

Furd took care of business.

GW, Zona, Cal and San Fran all rolling so far.

Furd took care of business.

GW, Zona, Cal and San Fran all rolling so far.

That 84-73 win by Furd makes it look a little more distant than it was. Furd had the lead throughout, but it was more like 7. Not their best game, but like their one against Wofford, just ground out the W. No harm done

GW is going to be a good test for us assuming we meet. We'll need to come to play in that one

That 84-73 win by Furd makes it look a little more distant than it was. Furd had the lead throughout, but it was more like 7. Not their best game, but like their one against Wofford, just ground out the W. No harm done

GW is going to be a good test for us assuming we meet. We'll need to come to play in that one

Yeah. GW looks tough.

With Furd, I'm a long way from being sold on them. S Dakota was missing their only front court player who's worth a damn. I'm curious to see how the Trees do against a non-great UNLV next week.

I'm headed up the hill to the usf game. Will report back.

First off, I'm not a basketball guy, so take this with a grain of salt.

Anyway, $10 tickets. $25 club tickets for beer if you want it. I didn't pay the $25 so I have no idea what the beers cost in club section.

The Dons look like a solid and well coached team. They aren't overly athletic at any position, but they'll make the extra pass and hit an open shot if it's given to them. They shot pretty well from 3, so we need to guard that. They won by 30+ in a laughter so who knows how representative this game actually was.

But like I said, I think that they aren't really too athletic. In fact, I think we should out-athlete them at pretty much every position. I didn't see anyone who would even have a prayer against Jelly and our wings should be able to dominate as well. Ski needs to keep the heroics to a minimum and dish the ball to the places we have obvious advantages and we should be ok. But if we play like crap and they are on, they have the discipline and shooters to beat the buffs. They certainly aren't pushovers. In the long run, I think they win a lot more games than they lose because they are really well coached, can hit open shots, and play serious defense. They should fair well in the WCC.

I say CU wins by 16.

Yeah. GW looks tough.

With Furd, I'm a long way from being sold on them. S Dakota was missing their only front court player who's worth a damn. I'm curious to see how the Trees do against a non-great UNLV next week.

UNLV escaped only by 2 against Sam Houston tonight. Major red flag if Furd loses

UNLV is pretty young. They'll get better as the season goes on. Furd better beat them now.

Coastal Carolina hanging with UCLA ... tied at 24 with a little over 5 left in the 1st.

UCLA has so much firepower... as usual. Close game turned into a 17 pt UCLA lead in the blink of an eye. 59-42 with 11 minutes left.

The Dons look like a solid and well coached team. They aren't overly athletic at any position, but they'll make the extra pass and hit an open shot if it's given to them. They shot pretty well from 3, so we need to guard that. They won by 30+ in a laughter so who knows how representative this game actually was.

But like I said, I think that they aren't really too athletic. In fact, I think we should out-athlete them at pretty much every position. I didn't see anyone who would even have a prayer against Jelly and our wings should be able to dominate as well. Ski needs to keep the heroics to a minimum and dish the ball to the places we have obvious advantages and we should be ok. But if we play like crap and they are on, they have the discipline and shooters to beat the buffs. They certainly aren't pushovers. In the long run, I think they win a lot more games than they lose because they are really well coached, can hit open shots, and play serious defense. They should fair well in the WCC.

I say CU wins by 16.

Proper recognition for doing that. Live game scouting reports, that's something right there.

Monday games we care about:

Lipscomb hosting Belmont. (tough one for them -- Belmont's pretty good)
Drexel hosting St. Joe's. (would be a very strong win for the Dragons)
Washington State at TCU. (Wazzu needs this one)
Arizona State vs Bethune-Cookman. (ASU should roll)
Oregon vs Detroit. (somewhat dangerous one for the Ducks)
USC hosts Tennessee Tech. (Troy's got to get this one)

UCLA has so much firepower... as usual. Close game turned into a 17 pt UCLA lead in the blink of an eye. 59-42 with 11 minutes left.

Kevon Looney is a beast. Good thing he'll only be around for one year.

Miami is tied with #8 Florida with a minute to go. (Edit) And wins 69-67 for the first big upset of the season. Florida was at home, too.

Last edited:
Wazzu fell by 27 at TCU. Yikes.

Shame about Drexel with 3 point loss to St. Joe's. Would've been a solid get.

ASU limped by Bethune-Cookman 49-39.

We're going to need to be careful this year on the road. Early indicators are there are some road games that would be resume killers if we don't take care of business. Flip side is if there was ever a year for a winning record in conference play, this is it.

Oregon pulls away in the second half to beat Detroit 83-66

USC pulling away late up 67-54 on Tenn Tech after a close game

Back