What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official CU RPI Watch 2016-17

Hopefully Xavier has an amazing season. I remember that year we lost at KU the Jayhawks had such an incredibly high RPI that the very act of playing them probably improved CU's number by 10-15 spots.

USC beat Texas A&M that helps.
Arizona and Utah both won
Oregon State and Washington State lost that Hurts.
Conference needs some RPI building wins.

Well, suck it up buttercup, because we're going to be rooting for Notre Dame and Texas to have great seasons. Means a lot for CU's RPI.

Texas is going to be in that second to fifth range of the Big XII. Crucial win. And ND will not be doing us any harm. They'll have a ridiculous RPI thanks to the ACC.

Oregon beat UCONN 79-69
ASU beat The Citadel 127-110
Kent State beat Wofford 66-59
BYU plays Valparaiso at midnight EST

Valpo knocks off BYU 92-89. They already beat Alabama, too. They're your usual Valpo side that is quality. BYU should have won, but this is hardly a shocker. Valpo are by far the Horizon League favorites and the type of team that's going to get 25+ wins and be one of the teams every 3-5 seed wants to avoid. 30 wins last season and NIT runner-up. BYU may have simply lost to a better team, as opposed to being upset.

Stanford falls 67-53 to Miami. The ACC looks very, very strong early on. I'm not sure there's a close second at the moment

I agree. I think the 6th seed in the ACC tourney would be about a 2-seed in any other power conference tourney.

Outside of BC and maybe Wake and GT, there's not a bad team in that conference. The top 10 in that league look scary (and that doesn't even include Pitt). I don't want to get ahead of myself on UVA yet with the departure of Austin Nichols, but we'll find out what they're made of against Iowa and the other quality teams they're about to meet. They certainly look top 10 to me from as much as fairly weak competition can tell you. It's a Bennett squad firing on all cylinders again. When your #6 team in the league NCSU has perhaps the best PG in the nation, it's cause for concern. Or seeing what ND did in Brooklyn and knowing they may be no better than 7th or so in the ACC. I hate to kiss the ACC's ass (I hate the Carolina Mafia as much as anyone), but it looks absurd early on.

Can't overestimate how big this win was for the CU resume.

Xavier still at #12 RPI after the loss.

Even with the win, CU only at #109.

Got to win the upcoming road games at BYU and AFA to get the resume back in shape.

Got to win the upcoming road games at BYU and AFA to get the resume back in shape.
That's crazy! 109? And we've beaten 2 ranked teams. Hopefully the Texas and Xavier wins will prove to be a good "investment" and pay big dividends later on.

That's worrisome in a big way. No bull**** about splitting these roadies, we have to win them both.

That's crazy! 109? And we've beaten 2 ranked teams. Hopefully the Texas and Xavier wins will prove to be a good "investment" and pay big dividends later on.

Texas being ranking when we beat them means diddly when it comes to RPI. Their lousy 4-4 record is reflected instead. The Big XII being strong will boost our RPI through that game alone, hopefully they get a lot better as the season wears on. I believe in Shaka. Just playing Notre Dame will be a boost to RPI too. Thanks ACC! Games like Wofford could end up being more valuable if those teams goes on and wins a bunch of games in their conference.

7 Pac 12 teams over 100 in RPI. That's going to hurt a lot if it doesn't get fixed before conference play.

D2 games do not get factored into RPI. Source-my memory

Correct. Irrelevant to RPI. So for a filler home game over winter break, much better to give the payday to a DII local than pay more for a D1 sub-300 RPI team to travel into town. Those sub-300 games really drag down the RPI.

OP has been fully updated with D1 records of opponents and their RPIs. CU is desperate for its opponents to start winning some damn games.

Saturday, 12-10, games we care about:
COLORADO at BYU (8pm), ESPN2
#20 Arizona at Missouri (10am), ESPN2
#1 Villanova at #23 Notre Dame (10am), CBS
Sacramento State at South Dakota (12pm)
Denver at Air Force (12pm)
N Colorado at CSU (2pm)
Wofford at TCU (3pm)
Utah at #13 Xavier (3:30pm), FOX - really a toss up here, but I'll go Xavier since non-conference marquee wins are so valued
Long Beach St at Texas (4pm), ESPN2
Arizona State at San Diego State (5pm), CBSSN
Washington State at Kansas State (6pm)
Michigan at #2 UCLA (6pm), ESPN2
Jacksonville State at LA Monroe (6pm)
UC Davis at Cal (8:30pm), PACN

1. thanks @Buffnik
2. maybe change the table header - still says 2015-16 final
3. the Pac is not helping us: 6th in conference RPI, last of the Big 6 conferences.
4. and, we only play UA, USC and Stanford once. fvck me, we need to win, schedule is not going to do it for us.
5. Go Buffs! beat BYU and get a Road W!!!!

Back