What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official Season Countdown Thread 2015-2016

Seeing a college football commercial while watching the mlb all star game reminded me how close we are. These last remaining weeks are brutal.

catch a few breaks, pull a couple upsets, and things could be a lot of fun in Boulder again...

I am so very ready for this season. I felt there was lots of progress (and growing pains) last years; now I am hopeful that will continue and show up in the win column this year. But I am realistic in we are in a very very tough division to improve in with the home conference schedule. I still have hope we are going to find a way to win 7 this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Every Buff fan for the past decade as the summer ends...

66354-Al-Pacino-they-pull-me-back-in-0v9d.gif

i know, right?

every year for the last 7 or so, we kicked in the 'nads but we keep thinking it will be different this time. stockholm syndrome.

but, i swear, this year FEELS different than the last 5 or so.

[video=youtube;oYS7aQY1iZI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oYS7aQY1iZI[/video]

Agree !!

seems like yesterday that Powell was giving UCLA the slip. Can't believe he is already gonna be a SR.

Jesus...44 frosh on team last year. No wonder Mac calls it a JV team.

What makes that number high is that CU has been able to begin redshirting. Well, at least that the coaches have taken the short-term hit of redshirting talent. Guys like Gilbert and KO wouldn't have played as true frosh if they had come in a year or two later. Certainly not if they came in for 2015.

We're a couple years from seeing the numbers balanced per class and position group like they need to be.

Anyway, here are the scholarship numbers heading into fall camp this year:

Seniors: 9
Juniors: 26
Sophs: 19
Frosh: 29

82 total (figure the Senior class goes to 11 or 12 after some walk ons get awarded scholarships).

https://colorado.rivals.com/content.asp?SID=894&CID=618951

We'll have some attrition, graduate some guys early, and start getting to normal class balance for the 85, which goes something like the following in an ideal world:

Sr: 18
Jr: 20
So: 22
Fr: 25

Not sure where's an appropriate place to put this, but I was browsing on baseballreference.com and the Buffs had a targeted ad to sell 3 game ticket packages. I didn't buy any, but good for them aggressively marketing

Officially bought my first CU season tickets today! I grew up in northern Colorado but have never been to a Buffs game. According to the ticket folks they anticipate selling out the Oregon game within the next week and say sales have been much heavier than the past several years, which is a good sign. I am really looking forward to a great atmosphere, especially at the USC night game. Hopefully they go 4-0 so Folsom will be rockin for the Ducks.

Really excited to start supporting the program! Any gameday tips/hot spots we should check out? We'll be coming from Denver.

Back