What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official thread for Oklahoma/Florida Consolation Game

I hate the spread offense... I hope this isn't what Hawk is going for. It's so finess and too much like basketball. If this is what defenses around the country are learning to defend, a power running game would roll right over these guys.

Oh, and so far I think Utah could have taken either one of these two teams in this game.

Surprisingly low scoring game. Go OU minus OU Band.

Well, I would have liked to have seen Oklahoma win, but I can still derive some pleasure from seeing Oklahoma lose. Really, this was a win/win national title game for me.

The Big 12 has been exposed. Really, even before this game. I love me some Colorado Football...but Oklahoma, Oklahoma Lite, and Texas Tech...and to some degree Missouri exposed our conference. Solid offense, and weak defense. Even Oklahoma's defense, which played relatively well, couldn't make adjustments against a predictable, up the middle Florida offense. The SEC is still head and shoulders above the Big 12.

The Big 12 has been exposed. Really, even before this game. I love me some Colorado Football...but Oklahoma, Oklahoma Lite, and Texas Tech...and to some degree Missouri exposed our conference. Solid offense, and weak defense. Even Oklahoma's defense, which played relatively well, couldn't make adjustments against a predictable, up the middle Florida offense. The SEC is still head and shoulders above the Big 12.

And what's worse was that this was the ideal season for the Big 12 to establish itself as just a strong a conference as the SEC and this bowl season has pretty much eliminated all that progress of having 5 top 10 teams at one time during the season. The Big 12 is clearly a 2nd tier conference (SEC being the one and only premier conference)

Next year Florida is all but assured of repeating so that would be 5 BCS championships in 7 years.

At least hopefully next year there will finally be a USC/SEC BCS final

Next year Florida is all but assured of repeating so that would be 5 BCS championships in 7 years.

I'll make you this guarantee right now: Next year Florida won't repeat as national champions.

I have no real reason for saying this, other than the fact that the odds of any SEC to go through the season with only 1 or 0 losses have to be 15 to 1 at best.

Gators have speed everywhere on their team. More speed at more positions than any other team in the SEC. The Sooners are a good team but no better than Alabama. It should be a good game.

I told ya they'd win. A little uglier than I expected in the first half but probably kept everyone watching right up until Fla scored a second time. I'll bet my dad had a blast.

I'll make you this guarantee right now: Next year Florida won't repeat as national champions.

I have no real reason for saying this, other than the fact that the odds of any SEC to go through the season with only 1 or 0 losses have to be 15 to 1 at best.

Dude tell me another SEC team that has a clearer picture than Florida?

UGA? Stafford and Moreno gone....plus as always a couple of dudes will get kicked off the team
LSU seems decent but will have another QB controversy and I believe will be losing some of that massive offensive line.
Alabama losses some good oline and will be breaking in a new QB
Ole Miss has some parts but lacks depth of Florida
UT (Vols) in transition
USC (Gamecocks), UK, Arkansas, Vandy, MSU, and Auburn don't matter

Florida was basically a bunch of sophomores and juniors this year. They are going undefeated next year. Count it!

Overall I agree, but Okla choked that one away. They left all kinds of points on the field. They were about as efficient in the red zone as the Broncos. It should have been at least 17 - 7 OU at one point.

Overall I agree, but Okla choked that one away. They left all kinds of points on the field. They were about as efficient in the red zone as the Broncos. It should have been at least 17 - 7 OU at one point.

Just one quarterback sneak was all that was needed!

And was it just me or did Bradford stare down who he was planning on throwing the ball to all game?

Anyone else notice that the words "Playoffs" and "Utah" were not used one time during the broadcast of the game?

Even when they were trying to hype the Playoff games this weekend, they only referred to them as "Divisional games". You would think they would have at leat mentioned Utah once during the game or somewhere... Everyone else is talking about it.

I am sure the announcers would have been shot if they mentioned either word. Afterall, the advertisers paid big bucks to have their product shown in the championship game.

Anyone else notice that the words "Playoffs" and "Utah" were not used one time during the broadcast of the game?

Even when they were trying to hype the Playoff games this weekend, they only referred to them as "Divisional games". You would think they would have at leat mentioned Utah once during the game or somewhere... Everyone else is talking about it.

I am sure the announcers would have been shot if they mentioned either word. Afterall, the advertisers paid big bucks to have their product shown in the championship game.

Gag Order. Those words were right up there with ****, piss, ****, ****, cocksucker, mother****er, tits.

I agree...I don't think Florida was more talented...perhaps in certain areas, but they were definitely better coached.

So OU lost again on a neutral field by 10. hmmmmm....seems to me they should be named National Champions.

So OU lost again on a neutral field by 10. hmmmmm....seems to me they should be named National Champions.

Somewhere in the skies over Oklahoma is an airplane towing a banner that says so much.

Is bitter orange a color?

Back