What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official time for Jon Embree to RESIGN Thread

Nick Saban would not have been in over his head here. He would have beat WSU and Cal and he wouldn't be 0-2 so far this season. That's just stupid to think that a man who has three national titles, a great defense, a extremely disciplined team, and whatever else would be over his head.

Go follow Bama then, you flacid boner.

Nick Saban would not have been in over his head here. He would have beat WSU and Cal and he wouldn't be 0-2 so far this season. That's just stupid to think that a man who has three national titles, a great defense, a extremely disciplined team, and whatever else would be over his head.

Seriously? Dumb.

Seriously? Dumb.
How so? Yes he has great talent, but he's also a damn good coach (who is also a good cheater) and I am 100% confident he would not have been out-coached by CSU and Sacramento State and we would be 2-0.

How so? Yes he has great talent, but he's also a damn good coach (who is also a good cheater) and I am 100% confident he would not have been out-coached by CSU and Sacramento State and we would be 2-0.

Why in the **** are you arguing this? Saban wasnt even on the radar. We were looking at JE, EB and the guy up north that got hammered by NDSU tonight.

Why in the **** are you arguing this? Saban wasnt even on the radar. We were looking at JE, EB and the guy up north that got hammered by NDSU tonight.
Why the **** would you bring up Saban then? You're the one who said Saban would be in over his head with the dissaray this program is in, and I highly doubt that.

Well fatbuff?

For homework, I would like you and rat to look up the meaning of hyperbole, and then explain what the **** it has to do with the job that JE has done as CUHC, which is the subject at hand. If you two like we can start a new thread on what NS would do if he had been given the CUHC job at the end of 2011.

I think he made the comparison jokingly. No need to play out situations with Saban at the wheel. Obviously it would be different and there is no need for it in this thread. Sorry for continuing it. Dumb.

For homework, I would like you and rat to look up the meaning of hyperbole, and then explain what the **** it has to do with the job that JE has done as CUHC, which is the subject at hand. If you two like we can start a new thread on what NS would do if he had been given the CUHC job at the end of 2011.
Yeah didn't take your comment at all as a hyperbole at all

You brought up Saban to make a point that the admin is a big part of the problem (which I agree with), and to, at least partially, defend Embree for having been dealt a rough hand. It was a bad comparison, and I don't buy for one second that Embree lost this game today because he was hamstrung by the administration - he lost today because of his own shortcomings as a coach IMO.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaaf-dr-saturday/sacramento-state-kicker-upsets-colorado-final-gun-awarded-001253682--ncaaf.html

Sacramento State coach Marshall Sperbeck announced during his postgame speech that he was giving walk-on Castaneda a scholarship, the Associated Press reported. Sacramento State also announced the news on its Twitter feed. Castaneda was with City College of San Francisco last season, and had never made a game-winning field goal at any level, the AP reported.

"I was relaxed; it was just another kick," Castaneda said, according to the AP. "I was calm."

Deja Vu.

You brought up Saban to make a point that the admin is a big part of the problem (which I agree with), and to, at least partially, defend Embree for having been dealt a rough hand. It was a bad comparison, and I don't buy for one second that Embree lost this game today because he was hamstrung by the administration - he lost today because of his own shortcomings as a coach IMO.

OK. Maybe I wasnt clear. I am not defending JE for the job he is doing as HC. I just think the guy deserves a ton of respect. Nobody was going to take this job unless it came with a dumptruck full of $100 bills, and diSteffano wasnt going to fill a Smartcar with pennies. The reason JE got the job was his willingness to sacrifice for the good of the program, and defer compensation until he had proven himself. He took the job because he knew he would try harder than anybody else to turn the Buff program around, and figured that would be enough. Obviously, it isnt. I dont believe in tearing a guy down that is trying as hard as JE is, or someone as committed as he is to the program. He wants to win for the Buffs as badly as we want him to win. There are probably less than 10 people on the face of the earth that could turn this program around in a hurry, and its not Jon's fault that he isnt one of them. I think the guy deserves better than being called names by the fans.

OK. Maybe I wasnt clear. I am not defending JE for the job he is doing as HC. I just think the guy deserves a ton of respect. Nobody was going to take this job unless it came with a dumptruck full of $100 bills, and diSteffano wasnt going to fill a Smartcar with pennies. The reason JE got the job was his willingness to sacrifice for the good of the program, and defer compensation until he had proven himself. He took the job because he knew he would try harder than anybody else to turn the Buff program around, and figured that would be enough. Obviously, it isnt. I dont believe in tearing a guy down that is trying as hard as JE is, or someone as committed as he is to the program. He wants to win for the Buffs as badly as we want him to win. There are probably less than 10 people on the face of the earth that could turn this program around in a hurry, and its not Jon's fault that he isnt one of them. I think the guy deserves better than being called names by the fans.

Who's calling him names? I see a lot of people here that believe Embree is a great Buff and a great person, unfortunately he appears to be a terrible head football coach.

And let's not make Embree out to be some kind of martyr - what exactly did he "sacrifice for the good of the program" that helped land him this job? I'm sure he loves CU and wants desperately to turn it around, but this isn't a volunteer job - he was offered a college HC position and a $750k salary, things no one else was offering him. The position he accepted makes him the face of this program and right now it looks worse than ever.

I respect him, but I don't want him coaching this team any more.

Who's calling him names? I see a lot of people here that believe Embree is a great Buff and a great person, unfortunately he appears to be a terrible head football coach.

And let's not make Embree out to be some kind of martyr - what exactly did he "sacrifice for the good of the program" that helped land him this job? I'm sure he loves CU and wants desperately to turn it around, but this isn't a volunteer job - he was offered a college HC position and a $750k salary, things no one else was offering him. The position he accepted makes him the face of this program and right now it looks worse than ever.

I respect him, but I don't want him coaching this team any more.

Coulda' stayed in DC, earned a decent paycheck, and not be subjugated to this constant barrage of criticism.

Coulda' stayed in DC, earned a decent paycheck, and not be subjugated to this constant barrage of criticism.

I guess, i just don't see it as some huge sacrifice to accept a huge paycheck to run the program at your alma mater, and he can go back to being a TE coach anytime he wants.

OK. Maybe I wasnt clear. I am not defending JE for the job he is doing as HC. I just think the guy deserves a ton of respect. . I think the guy deserves better than being called names by the fans.

Nobody is getting personal with Embree from what I can see. I like the guy but he/his staff looks overmatched right now. After the loss to CSU and being up 14-0 on a team that lost by 30 points the week before to New Mexico State and you can't close it out at HOME?

With good coaching, this could be a 6 win team. Embo isn't the guy...he's a class act and loves the program, I wish it translated into Ws.

Back