What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official Washington @ Colorado Game thread

Buffs are turning into a 3-headed monster now. Margin for error is a lot less than with Spencer, but if the team continues to play good defense there isn't a game left they can't win. Very few teams have 3 guys who have proved numerous times that they're each capable of going for 20+.

What disappoints me more than student attendance is the explosive athleticism Jaron Hopkins keeps showing us despite the fact that it was expressly stated on this board that he lacks that particular quality. Shame on him.

I bet whoever said Hopkins wasn't explosive is wishing he said that he sucks at free throws instead. Way easier to defend that position.

Thanks for quoting this Tante, I just had a lot of white blocks on that page.

His AAU coach buddies must have told him that tonight.

I'm waiting for an explanation. The guy doesn't create much for his teammates. He is awful when he tries to drive and dish and he gets lost a lot on defense. If all your expectations are for him to hit the corner three after some good ball rotation then yes he is a stud.

Wow. Count me in anytime to watch effort like that. Comfort levels rising on all the youngsters. The ceiling is starting to lift a little. Thomas really took a giant step up in his play tonight!

Big three looked poised and solid. Hop more relaxed coming off the bench. Wonder if that might also help Gordy who should be ready next game. Great night overall.

I'm waiting for an explanation. The guy doesn't create much for his teammates. He is awful when he tries to drive and dish and he gets lost a lot on defense. If all your expectations are for him to hit the corner three after some good ball rotation then yes he is a stud.

He's been playing better (and it's weird how his stats have also improved) but honestly, if every night was tonight I'd be thrilled.

outside of the die hards... our students suck. really disappointing. They have shown up for one game this year. They were better our last ****ing year in the big 12 for god sakes.
Yea its been disappointing. I haven't missed a game all year, but I turn around shocked that on a Sunday night the place isn't packed. We'll be there in full force for ASU and U of A, but really the student attendance makes no sense to me.

Proud of George King going 2-2 from the charity stripe. :thumbsup: That's how you get that percentage up!

But seriously, with Gordon out, plus the loss of SD and Fletcher, this wasn't supposed to be a 91 point offense. It's fun when XJ, Ski and Scott are all playing up to their potential.

Bring on the Bruins.

Big thanks to Hokie Head for taking my two extra tickets. Had he not taken them, I would have stayed home and missed one of the best games of the year.

So while we obviously had a great offensive game, Will brought up a good quote from Boyle about XJ's defense tonight...

"I felt like this was his, if not his best game as a Buff, right up there with it. He was just terrific in every way," Boyle said of Johnson. "The thing I'm most proud of with 'XJ' is his ability to take up a defensive challenge. The defense is what I'm most proud of."

http://mobile.rivals.com/content.as...128&TeamId=&header_select=Team News-Headlines

XJ shut Wilcox down tonight on 2/10 shooting and he didn't make a single 3 on seven attempts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So while we obviously had a great offensive game, Will brought up a good quote from Boyle about XJ's defense tonight...

http://mobile.rivals.com/content.as...128&TeamId=&header_select=Team News-Headlines

XJ shut Wilcox down tonight on 2/10 shooting and he didn't make a single 3 on seven attempts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tad also talked about this on KOA after the game, also gave props to Hopkins D on Wilcox as well. XJ has finally started to play like he's the best guy on the court. When he has that attitude he really can be the best guy on the court. It's an interesting team dynamic right now, everybody (rightly so) deferred to Dinwiddie before. Now if you asked Ski, XJ and Scott who's the best/most important you'd probably get three different answers. When 3 guys are all playing like they're "the man" while not being selfish, getting everybody involved and playing great D.........that's a nice problem.

FWIW Hopkins dunk didn't make the top 10 (given it was the top 10 of the whole weekend), but during the intro they showed like 12 clips one was hopkins dunk another was Ski pumping up the crowd which was pretty cool.

Great game and lots of positive takeaways. One thing I am noticing though, not sure if I am alone in this, is I do not think Dustin Thomas fits the system here. All of the freshman have had their ups and downs, but Thomas looks genuinely lost out there a good part of the time. Eventually I believe he will become a decent spot up shooter but he doesn't seem to have all the tools to become a great two-way player. Even his attitude at some points during games this year has been questionable in my opinion. Just my opinion.

Great game and lots of positive takeaways. One thing I am noticing though, not sure if I am alone in this, is I do not think Dustin Thomas fits the system here. All of the freshman have had their ups and downs, but Thomas looks genuinely lost out there a good part of the time. Eventually I believe he will become a decent spot up shooter but he doesn't seem to have all the tools to become a great two-way player. Even his attitude at some points during games this year has been questionable in my opinion. Just my opinion.

Dude is a true freshman. Gotta give him some time and the game will come. He's got good hops and a decent shooting stroke. He will be awesome for us before he is done in my opinion. Not just my opinion: FACT.

Dude is a true freshman. Gotta give him some time and the game will come. He's got good hops and a decent shooting stroke. He will be awesome for us before he is done in my opinion. Not just my opinion: FACT.

I am aware he is a true Freshman and there are growing pains, as with J-Hop, King, etc. . From what I have seen though Thomas seems the slowest to adapt to the college game and the Buff brand of basketball as a whole. Not a knock on the kid, I think he could be a terrific scorer in a few years, just not sure he is tailor made for the system CU runs that's all. As a hockey fan I would compare it to the Bruins trading Tyler Seguin, a great young offensive player who is thriving with a new team, but did not fit the mold of what a Boston forward needs to be.

I am aware he is a true Freshman and there are growing pains, as with J-Hop, King, etc. . From what I have seen though Thomas seems the slowest to adapt to the college game and the Buff brand of basketball as a whole. Not a knock on the kid, I think he could be a terrific scorer in a few years, just not sure he is tailor made for the system CU runs that's all. As a hockey fan I would compare it to the Bruins trading Tyler Seguin, a great young offensive player who is thriving with a new team, but did not fit the mold of what a Boston forward needs to be.

It's been baby steps. But he looks so much more comfortable now than he did earlier in the season. He's rebounding. He's down in a defensive stance. He's looking for his shot. Dustin looks to me like he's close to breaking through with a double-digit scoring night.

It's been baby steps. But he looks so much more comfortable now than he did earlier in the season. He's rebounding. He's down in a defensive stance. He's looking for his shot. Dustin looks to me like he's close to breaking through with a double-digit scoring night.

So I am trying to figure out what his problem is on defense. I think he gets called more than any other player I have seen when he has both hands in the air. It looks like he bends forward at the waist instead of staying vertical. Does anyone else have any other theories. Most of the time his defense looks good but he gets called for stuff that It seems most players get away with.

I hope you're on to something. I agree he did a bit of a better job crashing the glass last night, but as far as the defense goes he was more than a step slow and wandering a bit. He got beaten a few times and had to foul when he could not recover, led to him fouling out in less than a half of b-ball

Nice job by the Buffs. It's hard to sit on a big lead against a good team but they pulled it off. I suspect the combination of frequent and significant lineup changes helped.

I'm behind on both work and my AB reading -- If someone wants to point me to the summary of why Gordon wasn't playing last night I'd appreciate it.

Nice job by the Buffs. It's hard to sit on a big lead against a good team but they pulled it off. I suspect the combination of frequent and significant lineup changes helped.

I'm behind on both work and my AB reading -- If someone wants to point me to the summary of why Gordon wasn't playing last night I'd appreciate it.

Sprained his ankle in practice on Saturday. Shouldn't miss too much time...hopefully.

So I am trying to figure out what his problem is on defense. I think he gets called more than any other player I have seen when he has both hands in the air. It looks like he bends forward at the waist instead of staying vertical. Does anyone else have any other theories. Most of the time his defense looks good but he gets called for stuff that It seems most players get away with.

I think a little bit of it is that he's getting called for fouls because he's trying not to foul. Refs favor the aggressive player. Dustin hasn't become an aggressive defensive player yet.

Sprained his ankle in practice on Saturday. Shouldn't miss too much time...hopefully.

I'm pretty sure he sprained it walking on campus. Slipped on ice. Tad said the trainer sent him a text as he was getting out of bed yesterday morning.

I'm pretty sure he sprained it walking on campus. Slipped on ice. Tad said the trainer sent him a text as he was getting out of bed yesterday morning.

Treacherous conditions this time of year. Thanks for the clarification, on the broadcast last night they said he sprained it on Saturday and I just assumed it was during a practice.

I think a little bit of it is that he's getting called for fouls because he's trying not to foul. Refs favor the aggressive player. Dustin hasn't become an aggressive defensive player yet.

This is what I am thinking as well. I also think that he's still adjusting to the speed of the P-12. Big men in Texarkana aren't quite as quick as the bigs in the Pac. It does look like he's found a bit of a groove the last few games though. Great to see. We need his shooting touch.

Treacherous conditions this time of year. Thanks for the clarification, on the broadcast last night they said he sprained it on Saturday and I just assumed it was during a practice.

Ski said he didn't even know that Wes had sprained his ankle until 2 hrs before the game when he showed up to the CEC and Wes was on the trainers table. Tad also made a joke last night in the post game presser that he blames it on kids being on the phone.

Back